Badger - SPF 30 Zinc Oxide Sunscreen Cream - Unscented - Broad Spectrum Water Resistant Reef Safe Sunscreen, Natural Mineral Sunscreen with Organic Ingredients 2.9 fl oz
|Price:||($4.69 / Ounce) FREE Shipping on your first order. Details & FREE Returns|
- SIMPLY THE SAFEST SUNSCREEN - Badger sets the standard for simple safe sunscreens that protect you and your family. This broad spectrum mineral sunscreen has only 5 ingredients: non-nano zinc oxide, organic sunflower oil, organic beeswax, sunflower vitamin E, and organic seabuckthorn extract. Hypoallergenic & non-comedogenic this all-natural sunscreen is perfect for sensitive skin and all skin types.
- PROTECTS WITH THE MINERAL ZINC OXIDE - Badger’s SPF 30 Unscented Sunscreen Cream uses non-nano, large particle zinc oxide which stays on top of your skin, scattering and absorbing UVA & UVB rays, and won’t absorb into your bloodstream. Naturally water and sweat resistant for at least 40 minutes it's great for the beach, swimming, and light sports.
- REEF SAFE SUNSCREEN - Safe for coral means safe for you too! Badger sunscreens are made without oxybenzone or any chemicals shown to harm coral or humans. All Badger sunscreen lotions and creams are top rated for safety and efficacy by the EWG sunscreen guide. This eco-friendly biodegradable mineral sunscreen protects you without endangering marine life.
- 98% ORGANIC INGREDIENTS FOR HEALTHY SKIN - The certified organic sunscreen base ingredients are antioxidant rich, ultra-moisturizing, and great for your skin. Non-GMO, fragrance free, and contains no dyes, parabens, or other artificial ingredients. Healthy botanical ingredients promote healthy skin.
- A BRAND YOU CAN TRUST - Badger is a family owned, women run B Corporation (Benefit Corp) making mineral sunscreens and other organic skin care products that we use on our own families in rural New Hampshire since 1995. We are the leaders in safe natural sunscreens. Don't just take our word for it, read our ingredients, see what others say about Badger sunscreens, and try them for yourself.
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
|Clear Sunscreens||Baby & Kids Sunscreens||Active Sunscreens||Sport Sunscreens||Daily Sunscreens|
|SPF||SPF 30 - 40||SPF 30 - 40||SPF 30 or 15||SPF 35 - 40||SPF 25 - 30|
|Water Resistant||none to 80 minutes||80 or 40 minutes||40 minutes||80 minutes||not water resistant|
|Special Features||Non-whitening protection with clear zinc oxide. Safe, effective, and rubs in clear.||Simple, safe, and effective non-nano zinc oxide protection for babies & kids.||Perfect for beach, swimming, and other activities.||Highest SPF and most water-resistant. Best sunscreens for surfing and other sports.||Lightweight, non-greasy & easy to apply daily sunscreen lotions for face and body.|
Badger sunscreens don’t contain any of the chemicals shown to harm coral and are tested biodegradable.
Badger sunscreens only use zinc oxide, a mineral that sits on top of the skin to protect it from the sun.
Badger sunscreens provide excellent protection from both UVA and UVB rays.
Organic and Non-GMO*
Badger sunscreens are made with organic and non-GMO ingredients plus natural mineral zinc oxide.
*NSF Certified 2019
Badger's SPF 30 Unscented Sunscreen Cream is our original non-nano zinc oxide mineral sunscreen with no added frangrance. Reef safe, biodegradable, broad spectrum, and water resistant for at least 40 minutes. Perfect for the beach, swimming and light activity. This sunscreen has only 5 simple ingredients: non-nano zinc oxide, organic sunflower oil, organic beeswax, sunflower vitamin E, and organic seabuckthorn extract. Hypoallergenic & non-comedogenic this all-natural sunscreen is perfect for sensitive skin and all skin types. 98% organic sunscreen ingredients.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
For external use only.When using this product keep out of eyes. Rinse with water to remove.Stop use and ask a doctor if rash or irritation develops and lasts.
Helps prevent sunburn. If used as directed with other sun protection measures decreases the risk of skin cancer and early skin aging caused by the sun.
Non-Nano Uncoated Zinc Oxide (18.75%) and Organic Sunflower Oil, Organic Beeswax, Sunflower Vitamin E, Organic Seabuckthorn Extract.
For full protection, apply liberally (2mg/cm2 of skin) to all exposed skin 15 minutes before sun exposure. Reapply: After 40 minutes of swimming or sweating. Immediately after towel drying. At least every 2 hours.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Note that all physical sunscreens will be more difficult to apply and harder to rub in than chemical sunscreens, so it is hard to compare the feel of physical sunscreens vs. chemical ones. Quick primer - physical sunscreens work by containing active mineral ingredients that sit on top of your skin and deflect UV rays. Chemical sunscreens create a chemical reaction on your skin to turn UV rays into heat.
In order of preference, here are the 4 sunscreens that I tried. All 4 sunscreens protected me from the sun, so the ranking is purely on ease of application and overall feel. Top 2 are recommended, bottom 2 are not:
#1) *Recommended* Blue Lizard Baby 30+
Blue Lizard Australian SUNSCREEN SPF 30+, Baby, SPF 30+, 8.75-Ounces
Easiest to apply out of the 4. Good coverage. Easier to rub in than other 3. Note that Blue Lizard has two physical sunscreens - Sensitive and Baby. Per an earlier review, another Amazon customer actually called the company and had them confirm that the two formulas were basically the same so just get the one that is on sale :)
#2) *Recommended* CeraVe SPF 50
CeraVe SPF 50 Sunscreen Body Lotion, 3.0 Ounce
Very solid physical sunscreen. Heavier than the Blue Lizard, but still reasonably easy to apply. I don't know if the SPF 50 actually does anything different vs. SPF 30+, but we used this sunscreen exclusively for a sunny hike in 100+ degree weather with no tree coverage - in hindsight, not our best idea - and didn't get burnt!
#3) *Not Recommended* Badger SPF 30
Badger All Natural Sunscreen, SPF 30, Unscented 2.9 oz (87 ml)
Very heavy, feels cream-like. More difficult to rub in. I guess its selling point is that it is 100% natural (whatever that means), but the sunscreen was difficult enough to use that it didn't feel worth it.
#4) *Not Recommended* Alba Botanica Sensitive Sunscreen Fragrance Free SPF 30
Alba Botanica Sensitive Sunscreen Fragrance Free SPF 30 Mineral Sunscreen 4 oz
Sunscreen felt too oily and made my skin feel sticky after application. My definite least favorite among the 4 I tried. With physical sunscreen, I can accept a heavier sunscreen that doesn't rub in as well - since you get the advantages of not creating a chemical reaction on your skin. But none of the other sunscreens made my skin feel sticky like this one did.
Instead, I purchased the Block Island Natural Face moisturizer SPF-30, which has also a good point at EWG.
Good points: didn't make me break out, and yes it does protect you just not for long. Best thing: it's reef-safe.
-Very water resistant
- Minimal smell
- Helps to block the sun
- Natural product
- Quite thick. Its hard to cover yourself easily, and if you want to use it on delicate skin like the neck you will probably stretch your skin a bit.
- Leaves a pasty feeling with white streaks. (The white will go away slowly if you apply ahead of time and really rub it in.)
- Hard to wash off
- Trying to apply this at the beach would not be fun.
Top international reviews
Bought this product to swim with dolphins in Mexico. It goes on with the consistency of tar and you walk around for hours looking like Casper the ghost. Used it for one day and burned head and shoulders. Ironically before we got on the ferry to our destination, all of the other passengers were using normal stuff like Nivea, Garnier or Malibu. Lesson learned
More to consider from our brands
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.