Badger Air-Brush Co. Sotar 2020-2F Large Gravity Feed Airbrush with Fine Head
- The Model 2020-2F Kit includes SOTAR 2020-2F with an extra fine needle; The fine (black) needle / nozzle will spray a "Hair” line to 3/4-inch (19 millimeter) spray pattern
- The Sotar the 2020-2, designed with the a 1/12 ounce color cup allows for extended use before having to add color, is perfect for intricate detail work; the ideal airbrush for fine and commercial artists
- The SOTAR 20/20 airbrushes can spray finely pigmented, properly reduced paints, water colors, inks, dyes, and low viscosity acrylics
- Gravity feed, dual action, internal mix airbrush; The SOTAR was designed by an elite team of professional artists and illustrators. Micrometer setting allows user to preset desired spray pattern; Multi patented design including rear needle release.Badger Airbrushes are American Made. One year warranty on mfg defects with a lifetime warranty on the PTFE needle bearing and any factory labor repairs
- Paint source:Gravity feed 2ml cup
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
The 20/20 provides the professional illustrator with an airbrush capable of producing the ultimate in fine line detail. It is more precise, more comfortable, and more reliable than any competitor. When fine line detail or the finest paint atomization for a “soft” spray pattern is required, SOTAR is the only choice. Finely pigmented properly reduced paints, water colors, inks, dyes, and low viscosity acrylics can be sprayed with the 20/20. The elongated body maintains an efficient distance between trigger and paint reservoir. The trigger and back lever assemble easily thanks to our innovative “track and winged” design. The MODEL 2020-2F has a mounted 1/12 ounce color cup which allows for extended use before having to add color. The fine (black) needle / nozzle will spray a "hair” line to 3/4 inch (19 millimeter) spray pattern. Kit includes SOTAR 2020-2F with an extra fine needle. Proudly made in the USA.
Customers who bought this item also bought
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Word of advice: The Badger hose connector is proprietary and is really small. To make things easier for you, I recommend the Badger 51-042 QD Coupler. It is a quick release adapter for easier cleaning and has a built in 1/4 inch hose adapter (just unscrew the Badger fitting) to fit most standard hoses and compressors. Definitely worth the price.
Boy was he right.
In one afternoon I was able to do the camouflage scheme of olive green and red-brown over a dark yellow for an entire force of 15mm WWII German vehicles. The results were superb.
The Sotar does prefer airbrush paint to thinned regular paint, even when thinned with airbrush medium. Both will work but the flow is better with true airbrush paint. The regular acrylic worked, but required more effort to get a proper and even spray when doing very fine work.
I love this thing and will likely be selling my (much more expensive) Pasche double action. It's simply superior in every way.
The only caution I will mention - this brush does NOT come with an air hose. I was fortunate in that I had one from my original airbrush which was also a Badger product and even though it is probably 30 years old it works fine. If you do not have a Badger hose handy, be sure to order one with your Sotar. You may need an adaptor for the hose to attach to your compressor as well. These are not expensive items, but getting a brush and being eager to try and and then finding you have nothing compatible would be annoying.
IMHO, it's the best airbrush for the money. my only gripe would be that there are no instructions on how to fine tune air and paint flows, so it's all trial and error. but if you have ever used a paintbrush before, you should be able to figure it out fairly easily.
it comes with a shroud for the front which protects the needle, which i wold highly recommend putting on immediately, as i have already ruined one needle by accidentally hitting something (the shroud would have prevented this).
parts are a bit on the expensive side (actually bought a new unit instead of replacing 3 parts, as it seemed more cost effective that way).
would love a side cup and/or the ability to change cups sizes, but that's not really an option unless you want to jury rig a bigger cup by welding or with some JB weld.
I'm very disappointed with this product and will not be purchasing another from this line