Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 73 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 96 reviews
on July 29, 2013
I don`t usually write a review but I couldn`t be held back on this album. Buy it. It`s a Slam Dunk. From the first track, A Bad Bad Feeling, to the last track, This Is A Man`s Man`s Man`s World there`s not a bad track on this CD of 13. The brother`s Schnebelen and their power packed little sister,Danielle, bring it with heart and soul. Between Nick (lead guitar) and Danielle (Bass) you`re treated to excellent vocals and equally fine guitar performances. Danielle leaves the greatest impression with her emotionally soulful pipes but Nick`s not too far behind. Nick`s solo leads beg comparison to today`s best in the Blues. I love Susan Tedeschi and Danielle Schenbelen certainly keeps her company. Drummer Kris, "on pots and pans" keeps everything together in the boiler room and interspersed throughout is Mike Finnigan playing killer keyboard. I like the alternating between Danielle and Nick on the tracks. Like Slide? Down to the River played by Nick on Resonator will give you plenty of Mississippi mud. I just love You Never Really Loved Me and one of the very best covers of the James Brown classic, This Is A Man`s World sung with passion by Danielle. Reading the liner notes I saw Johnny Lee Schell`s name, who played acoustic guitar and recorded this great CD. I saw him more than 20 years ago along side Bonnie Raitt doing a superb two man/woman acoustic show. Bonnie knows quality. Trampled Under Foot has surrounded itself with a deeply talented group of musicians and technicians so the finished product is no surprise to me. This is the best blues album I`ve purchased in quite awhile.
If any of you have the privilege of catching TUF Live as I did in a small venue a couple of days ago you`re in for a treat. I wish they`d done everything on their last two CDs but they did do something that`s not on any of their offerings, Etta James` The Jealous Kind. It brought us to our feet and gave me goose bumps it was so good. I know they felt the love. When`s the last time that you saw two lefties in one band? No matter, they killed it.
I`m confident every Blues fan will love this CD. And if you`re like me you`ll buy them all.
on April 4, 2017
I saw this band for the first time on a blues cruise and had to get their album. The song selection is perfect, their voices are amazing. I listen to this album over and over!
on September 10, 2013
A great deal for $5 - never heard of them before but liked the sample listening so thought, what the heck, $5 to try a new artist I'm not familiar with is almost no risk at all. Great sounding blues infused sounds but after a few songs I said "wait a minute, this sounds so familiar", then I realized the guy singing and the guitar playing sounded like something right out of a Robert Cray album. Right after I listened to this album, I play the "best of Robert Cray" and sure enough the similarities are uncanny, which is not a bad thing. The only real difference is that this album also features a female singer but the guitar riffs and the blues are unmistakable Robert Cray. I don't know who came first and I guess it's really not that important as long the music is really good, which it is. In fact, I highly recommend that you play this album and Robert Cray back to back to get your daily dose of the blues.
on January 9, 2014
I never heard about this band until I saw this CD on Amazon. I listened to a couple of samples and thought they were good. After listening to the whole CD I am hooked. I rate this band as one that makes timeless music. It is good ole blusey rock that I have always enjoyed. The more times I hear it I find more to like.
on June 13, 2017
Awesome
on August 30, 2013
Great music and blues from an astounding family band. Don't always have to live the blues to know the genre, though that might be more "real". Being immersed in it is just as legitimate, whether listening to the old masters, like the Brits did in the '60's; or growing up as the kids of a professional blues musician like these fine acolytes. This album is one of the best contemporary blues releases I have heard in a long time, and that's hard for me to say given I have never really appreciated female blues belters, at least until now. Great songs, powerful playing and singing, surprisingly authentic. Does not disappoint.
on October 13, 2013
Every now and then, you stumble upon a band with which you instantly connect. That was the case for me with Trampled Under Foot and their Badlands album. When I got the suggestion from Amazon, I previewed the songs to see what the band sounded like. It is typical to find a song or two worth downloading. That was not the case with Badlands. It quickly became apparent that I had to purchase the entire album, and I'd be willing to bet that I have played the entire thing five or six times, and exposed several of my friends to this very talented band. Couldn't be more pleased!
on August 14, 2014
Trampled Under Foot consist of a 3 piece band Danielle Schnebelen Bass Vocals & brothers Nick Schnebelen Guitar Vocals & Kriss Schnebelen Drums Vocals and produced by Tony Braunagel drummer for the Robert Cray Band , Badlands is a really good blues rock album with 13 catchy songs , nice guitar licks and terrific vocals by Danielle who also plays a pretty good bass , a good drummer and great backing band makes Badlands Trampled Under Foot a pretty good Blues Rock Album I highly recommend .
on January 15, 2014
One of the most impressive blues bands of our time, Trampled Under Foot deserves to be added to the archives of Blues in the US. I was thrilled to discover Danielle Schnebelen during a random search for certain blues songs on YouTube. Her voice is a perfect match for her and her brothers' songs, and their choice of covers (such as It's a Man's World) is impeccable. I hope there's more to come in the future from this excellent band!
on July 3, 2016
Just superb craftsmanship.
Best new blues artist to come out in some
Time..
Right blend of male/female lead vocals
The musicianship is great..all songs are
More than good...
Can't wait for a tour and their next album
Long may they reign !!!