Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Format: Blu-ray|Change

Showing 1-10 of 347 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 398 reviews
on August 5, 2015
As other reviews have noted, anyone who has ever seen a rom-com at least once in their life can figure out who the knight in shining armor will be in the end, probably in five minutes or less. However, this film is well acted and offers a lot of good laughs! I personally do not buy or consider buying movies too often, my DVD and streaming collection combined is probably less than 20. This was a delight, "Baggage Claim" is a light, feel-good flick that made me laugh out loud several times, and has a good message albeit a predictable ending; I enjoyed it so much I would definitely consider purchasing it, or at least adding it to my wishlist for later gifting.

The movie is based around Montana (Paula Patton) who is a flight attendant, she feels she is not a woman nor a lady unless she marries ASAP because she is already 30. Both Montana and younger sister Sheree (Lauren London) were taught by their mother Catherine (Jenifer Lewis - I've yet to a movie of hers I didn't like) the importance of getting married and starting a family by the age of 30, even though she herself has been married/divorced five times. Montana is on a mission to find Mr. Right within 30 days and with the help of fellow flight attendants and best friends Gail (Jill Scott) and Sam (Adam Brody) put together a plot to find ex-boyfriends as they travel during the holiday season. The flight attendants enlist airport personnel to assist in finding the ex's and making sure Montana is on their plane; the airport crew are hilarious and it's worth renting/buying the flick for them alone. The airport crew consists of curb-side luggage clerk Calvin (Ricky Smiley), check-in agent Tanya (La La Anthony), TSA Cedric (Affion Crockett), and one more who I cannot recall. For those that remember "Sister, Sister" or watch the reality show, Tia Mowry has a cameo as a "crazy" girlfriend, another funny part in the movie. The smaller role of Langston (Taye Diggs), a "Black Libertarian" who wishes Montana was obedient like his beloved dog Juicy, offers even more laughs throughout the film.
Five HUMOROUS Stars. In this enjoyable 'airline-centric' romantic comedy, "Baggage Claim", matriarch Catherine Moore is preparing to marry off her youngest daughter in a month. But she has fading marriage hopes for her single, older, pretty, "9-times a bridesmaid" airline hostess daughter, Montana. To appease her mother, Montana goes on a funny 30-day search for 'Mr Right' based on one very unique parameter. This leads to some hilarious moments as her two best friends and a platoon of airport workers join in the conspiracy. Starring an excellent cast of Paula Patton, Jenifer Lewis, Derek Luke, Taye Diggs, Jill Scott (yes, her), Boris Kodjoe, Tremaine Neverson, Adam Brody, Lauren London, Tia Mowry, La La Anthony, with Ned Beatty and Djimon Hounsou. Music by Aaron Zigman. Co-produced by Steven J. Wolfe with writer/director David E. Talbert. Very enjoyable and Highly Recommended. Five DETERMINED Stars. (Fox Searchlight Pictures. TSG Entertainment. Color. HD. Rated. CC. X-Ray. Time-1:36:29. I later bought and reviewed the movie soundtrack song, "It's A Lovely Day" by New Zealand jazz singer Amber Claire.)
on January 4, 2014
Like so many movies, you can guess within five minutes what is going to ultimately happen with the Paula Patton character. However, it still was a fun and funny journey to watch her get there. Both Diggs and Scott were funny. The other characters were played it straight but Scott and Diggs play it funny and it brightened up the movie. Patton was wonderful with material she was given and by the end, I could see how some older sisters girls would feel that pressure to find a man, especially when relatives keep going when are you going to find someone and settle down? Then you have to show up at your baby sister's wedding with no man again? Not thinking straight you just might look up those old dates to see if things could be different this time and of course, once you do, you remember why they didn't work in the first place. This movie is like that. When it's out to rent or buy, curl up on the couch and enjoy the performances and the likable but predictable journey to end.
on May 13, 2017
Baggage Claim is a fabulous movie to purchase. It's all about the hopeless romantic girl.. who needs to find a man for her sister's upcoming wedding. Well.. get your glass of wine and snacks ready.. because you are in for a real treat. After a hard day of work or just need a break this movie will definitely but you in a comfortable relax mood. Definitely a must see.
on April 5, 2015
Well there is always a first and this show has it all, Actors and storyline are fantastic with just a bit of this and that will throw all things together. A story of a airhost stewardess running and catching planes all over the world trying to find Mister Right, When she meets this senator running for congress, who buys everything he wants and rules with a iron hand just ask the dog, he'll back me up on this, when told to go to toilet he goes no questions asked or barking anyway! Yes the comedy is in there where two friends lend a hand in different schemes. Very touching to a point I would have to say I liked it and would recommend to all. I rated this an A grade plus for being different in some ways and holding my attention throughout the entire show. Now I have told you some of it there will be no more hints, now it's your turn to make a move so collect the movie pick up some popcorn at the corner shop for a wonderful night of full on entertainment that will astound you and have you thinking. Enjoy!
on June 12, 2014
It is not like this same story hasn't been done a million times...but it is a good story. Girls mom has been married 5 times, girls younger sister is engaged and girl has no prospects. Girl must find someone permanent before sisters wedding party. I may be glib with this but actually what makes this better than most is the actors. Paula Patton is just so lovable. All the men she tracks down are all fun in one way or another and her 2 best friends are also flight attendants. Paula and Adam Brody and (I think) Lala Anthony as the friends are wonderful.
on June 26, 2014
The plot is kinda predictable when you see the beginning ... Kinda like another movie .... Where love is right under your nose... But the actors and the scenes were hilarious... Some of them even hysterical, I laughed so hard at some of the scenes that I cried they were smoking funny... If you want a light and funny romcom...this is great
on March 11, 2014
This is an incredibly well written movie script. It is the BEST movie of 2013. The plot is well written. It is funny at times. It's about trying to hard to find Mr. Right and realizing that Mr. Right is your best friend of many years. Paula Patton in her best feature starring lead role yet as the love seeking character Montana -- except that the character is not trying to find Mr. Right because she wants to, but because of the societal pressures put upon women to be married by a certain age. For the character Montana, all the pressures to be married are coming from her mother and family and friends. This really is an enjoyable family movie with a good soundtrack and some good comedy relief throughout the movie. Good non-stop action throughout the entire film so it never gets boring. Literally, the BEST movie to come out in 2013. It should have gotten more recognition at the box office. Saw it in the movie theatre and decided this is a bought DVD as soon as it comes out. Paula Patton as the lead actress does an incredible job throughout the whole movie.
on March 5, 2017
Loved that it came in so quickly and well packaged. I absolutely loved this movie and I am so happy I bought the one with digital. I have watched it about 12 times already. One of the best gifts I have ever got! This was a Valentine's gift from my hubby. Loved it!
on February 28, 2014
I loved the movie, I thought the actors were great, I love the acting and it was funny , sad and in away a real life problem for us women when we are surging for the right husband. My doughter was washing the movie with me and I thought that was a great lessons for her to see the different ways a man can manipulate a women. I cried and laughed and I think its a great movie. I added baggage claim to my collection of movies. I recommend this movie so strongly to everyone especially to the young girls who are starting to date. I wish this movie was out when I was looking for the right man in my life. I was lied to from a man who was merried and already was a dad of two children. I was in the altar with this man saying my bowels while his first wife was in the delivery room giving birth to my soon to be husband second son. This movie open our eyes to what could be out thier, women, don't let anyone robbed you of your happiness.