Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by Tim and Faith STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

I've really had it with the cavernous, one-pocket bags where all of my stuff sloshes around together, and I can never find what I need (like my derringer) when I really need it. The City Bagg is perfect: a pocket for everything, even a mini-wallet where I can carry miscellaneous papers like my prescription list, address list, and the periodic table (which I'm memorizing in traffic jams and doctors' waiting rooms).

If you count the pockets within pockets, this purse has got 13 of them. It's even got a long sturdy strap that I can use to fasten (and find) my keys. I'd love to get every single color of Bagg but have currently settled for black. The purse is made of a tough nylon fabric (I'll never get another leather purse - they're too easily scuffed), and my black version is jauntily counter-stitched in white.

The Bagg is sturdy, stylish, and I can hang it cross-body to thwart the purse-snatchers hanging around the Louvre, Roman buses, and the London Underground. I can take it everywhere from the opera to the dump. It would probably survive a trip through the garbage compactor: it's that tough. Cheers for the Baggallini folks!
170 helpful votes
171 helpful votes
1010 comments|Report abuse
on January 9, 2010
I couldn't wait for this bag to arrive and when it did, I immediately transferred all my stuff into it. I love this bag but I do have a few issues with it. The front flap is a bit top heavy so when I place the bag on a counter to access the compartment under the flap, it takes a little wrangling to keep the bag upright. Also, the large zippered compartment is a little awkward to access because of the way the strap and the top of the bag join. I've only owned this bag for a week so I'm sure I'm just in the "adjustment period". I love the way everything is so organized. Athough, there are so many compartments sometimes it's hard to remember which one has what in it! There is a lot of room in this bag. I bought the espresso/tomato color and I really like that the inside is a different color. It makes it so much easier to see things inside. It's a great casual but stylish bag and it's excellent for travelling as well as for everyday use. I also really like the little id/money pouch. It's perfect if you just want to take a credit card, some cash, your id, and maybe your cell phone. I also own the baggalini wallet bag which I really like as well. I have that one in purple so it's a little more seasonal than the espresso color. Both bags are made really well and are designed with convenience and organization in mind. If you're on the fence about buying one of these baggs...just go for it. You won't regret it.
72 helpful votes
73 helpful votes
on November 27, 2013
The bag is nice but I was a bit surprised at the size, could have been a bit bigger. The thing I dont like about it is how the bag handle is positioned. It is difficult to get into the bag,!for this reason alone it deserves a 1 star! still trying to find the best way to get into it. I also saw in the review that people had problems with the handle being too long. well it is totally adjustable, however if you are below 5 3 then it may be a bit down to your hip. Lastly, the colour of the bag is a sort of stone wash look, what i mean it looks old because nobody commented about my "new" bag. I gave it a 3 star because its light and comfortable on your shoulders and I dont have to be looking for my car keys, there is a key holder attached and a small purse which I throw my eyes glasses into so I dont have to be looking for that either. I use this bag for work.

UPDATE: I recently discovered that there is a section under the flap where you can put credit cards, pens etc. Nice pockets but useless because of the way the bag is made.Also if you were to put stuff into that section the bag will become very bulky and distorted. Quite frankly I think that that section is a waste of time. I just use the front pockets for mobile phone and any little small item, including my car keys as sometimes it is difficult to find the key holder that is attached inside the bag because again of the stupid design to get into the bag... After some use of it, I must give it a 1 star, as i previously though it deserved.
5 helpful votes
6 helpful votes
on February 17, 2013
First of all, the strap is much too long for a short person, even when put on the last hole. I professionally shortened the strap but the following problems still exist. The strap splits to two straps close to the body of the purse making it very difficult to get in to the back section, especially since the fabric is so stiff. The front flap has to be raised to get into the front compartment, so when you raise it, the purse flips over on its back. I used the purse while wearing a fleece type vest and the rough fabric of the purse resulted in a lot of fabric pills on the purse, rubbed off the vest. Overall, I am extremely disappointed with this purse., but since I altered it, I cannot return it.
9 helpful votes
10 helpful votes
on January 21, 2014
I love the Baggallini products! This is my third purse from this company, and I will keep buying them as long as they make them! The bag is very well constructed, sturdy, and yet lightweight (but I guess this depends on what you put in your purse!) There are many compartments for stowing your stuff, and plenty of card holders. There is a little bag within a bag where I stash my lipstick, hand sanitizer, toothbrush, floss, etc. The bag is also very elegant looking, dark grey on the outside, hot pink on the inside. These bags are well made, and indestructible. The zippers are quality, and the strap is sturdy. I love it!
1 helpful vote
on July 13, 2012
I bought this purse so that I could carry my new iPad which does not fit in my current purse. I was not sure of what to expect of the nylon, having owned mostly leather and designer purses like Dooney.

This purse was a pleasant surprise. The nylon looked very stylish and not cheap.

There are multiple compartments for organization of items, which is really important.

The only bad thing is that the back section is not quite as big as I had hoped. My iPad is smaller than 8.5 by 11, but it could barely fit because the zipper is inward about an inch of the rest of the purse. So, the dimensions are correct, but the placement of the zipper makes the inside smaller.

I am sending it back, but I would definitely buy another item from this vendor if I saw something that suited my needs.

**I ended up ordering this purse again a year later because I ended up not liking the previous purse which I had purhased. My other purse seemed to jut have stuff piled here and there and was a mess. I am so glad I finally went back to this purse. Everything is so nice and organized! My iPad does not fit, but that's ok. I don't carry it much anymore now that the novelty has worn off. :-)
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on January 15, 2013
This is the first time I purchased a bag online. So I read the reviews and expected it to be small. When it arrived, it still surprised me by being smaller than what I had prepared myself for! The stated dimensions of 11x8.5" are fairly accurate, but this measures the exterior of the bag. Due to the way the bag is sewn, the useable space in the main compartments is much smaller than that. I measured 9.5x7" for mine. The design of the flap also means you can't fill the bag more than halfway up in the front main pocket, or the flap will lie sticking out. To get an idea how shallow this is, my card wallet needs to be horizontal and not vertical, if not the flap will stick out at an angle. If you do manage to close it while you're seated, the moment you stand up and start carrying the bag, the straps will pull at the flap and cause it to stick out again, since the magnetic closures are not very strong (though I still prefer these hidden magnets as they're so slim and neat).

Small size aside, this bag is wonderful. I've been looking for a bag for everyday work that is completely leather-free, not made from cheap PVC, durable, cross-body with lots of organization yet maintain small and lightweight. It is so hard to find a bag with all these qualities and still look good for office wear. This City Bagg is it! I just really wished it was like 2" longer and 1" taller. Do know that I do stuff a lot into it though. This bag now has my 18oz Klean Kanteen, a small umbrella, 2 wallets (1 for cards), a key pouch, a music player with earphones, a small mobile phone, tissue paper and some folded documents. If I take out the Klean Kanteen the bag looks perfect, now the flap is sticking out, but I guess I can live with that since it's a great bag in all other aspects. I have no issues with the zippers, since they are double zippers for both the main pockets so you can leave the opening at the top rather than at the sides. I found my stuff easy enough to access even while walking.
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
on October 7, 2013
I love Baggallini bags and have been using different colors of the Sydney bag for the past 5 years. I wanted to get a slightly smaller bag so ordered the City Bagg. Two factors are causing me to send the bag back today: 1) The front pocket with the flap is too small to hold my iphone5; and 2) the little wallet included with the bag no longer has the ID holder on the outside, which is contrary to what is reflected in the picture. I like keep my ID on the outside of the wallet so am disappointed with that change. Amazon needs to update the picture to reflect the product that is provided. I'm still giving the product 3 stars because the color I ordered is beautiful (charcoal) and the bag itself appears to be sturdy and made well, like other Baggallini products I've owned.
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
on August 23, 2014
It surprises me that I am disappointed with this Baggalini as I have others and they always seemed so well thought out. I'm and artist and I bought it because I wanted carry my sketch book with me. The strap is too short for me to sling it across the body so I can carry other items easily. By stitching the base of the strap segments together closest to the bag it makes opening the bag wide enough to see the contents difficult. It's also very stiff making it difficult to slip things in and out of it. The compartment under the flap is also hard to get to. I like having a pocket for the cell phone. And the outer zipper pocket makes my business cards readily accessible.

I cut off the straps and stitched a new strap with d-rings and an adjustable buckle. It made it more workable and now I have a place on the strap to clip my keys. I'll be switching back to my old Baggalini and this will go by the wayside.
1 helpful vote
2 helpful votes
on June 9, 2011
I read tons of reviews about the City Bag and so I knew what to expect--there are tons of pockets for everything and you can't believe how much you get into this bag and it still lies fairly flat. It is definitely lighter than previous bags I have owned. Having the change purse and keys clipped in the main compartment makes them easy to retrieve even while not looking.The way the main body of the bag tapers narrower into the carrying strap sometimes is in the way, as others have mentioned.but it is not a deal breaker.

The fabric is crisp and neat looking and stays that way unlike some fabric bags that look messy after a few days. The water just rolled off during a heavy rainfall. Light soil just brushes right away.

My Mom liked my bag so well, I ordered one for her. Her doctor said a cross body bag is best for one's back. The strap adjusts for a personal fit.

The Amazon price was less than half of my local store and was an important factor in actually purchasing it.
Oh, and did I mention it is cute, too?
7 helpful votes
8 helpful votes
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question