Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 26 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 32 reviews
on September 16, 2015
I got one of these for work to use for minor brushing and to help with getting through the woods. It is okay, I'm not as impressed with it as others have hyped it up in their reviews. It works a lot better than the cheap machete I had but a pair of loppers work better and with less effort in a lot of cases. The advantage of this tool over loppers is you can (eventually) chop through larger tree limbs but you can do the same thing with a regular axe. This tool takes quite a bit of practice to use effiecently. I've found it likes to twist in your hand and then require another swing or two or three.... it just didn't have a huge wow factor for me.

For cutting lots of light brush I'll take my gas powered Stihl weed wacker with the proper blade any day over this thing. If the brush is thicker than my small chain saw is the tool to have. If you are just doing some light cutting like trying to find survey markers or in a Devils club patch than this tool is pretty handy because it is light.
on December 24, 2013
Not something you will use every day....no. But if you need it.... nothing else in the world is better at what it does....

This little clearing axe is about as long as a grown mans arm, easily used 1 handed, and is designed to " lop " limbs and branches off a larger limb or trunk so the larger more " logish " wood can be cut down into firewood or what have you.

I found this axe would shear 1.5 to 2 inch limbs with a single swing, and anything up to about 3 inch would come clear in 3 swings, 2 to cut a deep V and a 3rd to sheer thru.

If a machete were made for tall grasses and soft vines.... this thing would be its equal on woody vines and thumb size saplings that create dense undergrowth.... just anything up to about wrist size I find this the fastest safest most simple way to cut or clear..... and combined with a Bahco Bow saw..... its just almost all you'll ever need to process deadfall up to just short of full tree size.....

can't recommend it enough.....

All steel head, quality hardwood handle, will last you several lifetimes.... made in Sweden .....not China.... and MADE to last a lifetime...not made to break and have to be replaced.....

if your on the fence.... get it and try it.... I'm wondering how I got so old without one.
on January 11, 2017
The good:
Well made
Very sharp
Quality product.

The bad:
Poor balance. For the weight the handle should be longer. As you swing you notice the weight before you can achieve full power on your cut.
Short handle. I really wanted a Swedish brush axe in 36" so I could use it for ground clearing. 24" is short. It's ok for small limbing. ( dime size or less) but you have to bend over for cutting saplings on the ground.
Blade protector/ arch/ holder gets in the way. If you miss a cut it bounces off the arch. It's hard to cut vines next to a trunk. Weight does nothing for cutting power.

That being said I consider myself a connoisseur of axes and brush clearing equipment. I recently purchased some over grown land covered in saplings and vines. I have been looking for something I could clear saplings with at ground level and keep the blade out of the dirt. Hence me stumbling on Swedish brush axes.

To date I have had the best luck with a off the shelf brush axe picked up at Tractor Supply. After making it wicked sharp, I can slice through a 4" sapling with a couple wacks. Downside is the blade is unprotected and I put a big ding in it when I hit a rock. Oh but you feel like a samurai warrior when you can get that swinging with both arms.
I carry a 18" carpenters axe on my belt to clear branches to get the trunk. It has excellent balance and all of the weight is in the cutting head. This allows you to easily power through a larger branch. The Swedish axe had the weight, but not in the head, it's all in the arch. Good lucking cutting anything larger than 1/2".

If you buy one, look for a longer handle and cutting surface
on May 1, 2013
I got this to help clear trails of eye height limbs and such on the trails through the woods on his property. In short it is an amazing product. We can get in a John deere gator ride down the trail and cut the branches that look like the will hit people in the eyes. I totally agree with the other reviewers that this spring strung razor blade at the end of a short axe handle is prefectly end weighted for strong precise strikes to cut branches. I have not really used it to cut down brush. I use a stihl brush cutter for that but for branches it is a perfect tool.

Having had it for a year the handle has become a litte rough. The actual texture of the handle has become weathered. It needs a lite sanding steel wool to restore. I have not needed to sharpen it nor do I beleive I will in the near term
on October 6, 2014
solid, hefty brush axe that will get your forearms looking like popeye's in no time. what i like most about it is that the carbon steel blade can be removed and easily sharpened, either by hand or in some wort of jig. i personally sharpen mine on my tormek.
on December 23, 2015
I like it but thought it would work better based on the reviews. Although it did work pretty well and I did limited brsh cleaning. It is in the bed of my ATV!
on October 4, 2016
This thing is beast ! cut your path like the surveyors do ! Please be careful also
on September 2, 2016
Axe built with quality. Not nearly as sharp as I thought it would be.
on May 5, 2011
Used one years ago while working for a land surveyor. Have owned one for the past ten years or so and used it on camping and canoe trips. It is way cooler than you might think and deserves your respect. A razor blade on the end of an axe handle is a true marvel of modern ingenuity.
on May 6, 2014
This tool works as intended when I purchased it. I would recommend for small type brush clearing projects with less than five eights inch stems

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.