Other Sellers on Amazon
Baker's Secret 1061483 10-by-16-Inch Nonstick Cooling Rack, Set of 2
|Price:||($8.25 / Count)|
Enhance your purchase
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||16 x 10 x 0.6 inches|
|Item Weight||1.05 Pounds|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- 2-tier nonstick cooling racks for cookies, pies, and cakes
- Durable chrome construction with narrow grid pattern
- 4 stable feet keeps pastries raised above the counter
- Ensures air circulate underneath for proper cooling
- Set of 2
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Compare with similar items
Wilton Excelle Elite 3-Tier Cooling Rack for Cookies, Cake and More
Oven-Safe, Dishwasher-Safe 100% Stainless Steel Wire Cooling Rack for Baking - Food-Safe, Heavy Duty - Cooling and Oven Cooking - 11.5 x 16.5-inch - Tight-Wire Baking Rack fits Half Sheet Pans
Wilton Industries Perfect Results Mega Cooling Rack, Black
Checkered Chef Cooling Rack - Set of 2 Stainless Steel, Oven Safe Grid Wire Racks for Cooking & Baking - 8” x 11 ¾"
Wilton Perfect Results Cooling Rack, 3 Tier, Non-Stick
|Sold By||KitchenLine||Amazon.com||Ultra Cuisine||Amazon.com||Checkered Chef||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||16 x 10 x 0.6 inches||16.25 x 10.25 x 2.25 inches||16.5 x 11.5 x 1 inches||0.82 x 10.03 x 16 inches||12.3 x 8.7 x 1.2 inches||2.27 x 16.18 x 10.51 inches|
|Material||Plastic||Steel||Stainless Steel||Alloy Steel||Stainless Steel||Non-Stick|
2-tier Baker's Secret 10 by 16-Inch Non Stick Cooling Grid, Set of 2. Baker's Secret gadgets are the perfect addition to your baking needs. Complement your Baker's Secret Metal Bakeware with these cooling racks for outstanding results.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
A few points about these racks:
1. Price: Good price point! You can probably find cheaper at a discount store, but they probably won't last you more than a week or so.
2. Quality: I've put these through some decent use in the time that I've had them and they're holding up well so far. How long they'll last you depends on how well you care for them, like anything else. If you want cooling racks that are going to stand up in the long haul against rust, nuclear apocalypse, velociraptor attack, etc. there are higher end ones to get. But if you balk at the idea of spending a fortune on a cooling rack and you're willing to take care of your things, these are a good option.
3. Size: Good size, the two of them typically hold all the cookies I make in a batch. The slats are nicely spaced and allow air to circulate through without your goods falling through. I have limited counter space too, so the size is good.
So, take care of these and they'll last you a while. I've been pleased.
These are flimsy. They sag under the weight of a bread loaf. The "feet" are teeny, short things that keep the racks not even half an inch off the counter. The whole rack flexes easily, anything too heavy will touch the counter.
For inexpensive kitchen gear, these fit the bill. They will work for cookies, light Danish, setting other lightweight items to cool.
They have been washed by hand and so far have not rusted. They are covered in a black coating that must help prevent rust. They cannot be used in an oven or a stovetop.
They work, they are of average quality and I expect them to hold up to occasional use. I will be purchasing something else for twice weekly bread baking. These just aren't up to the chore. They will be kept for cooling cookies. During the holidays there are never enough racks.
By Jennied on April 29, 2017
However, the material of these cooling racks is a bit on the flimsy side and will bow in the middle if anything heavy is placed on them. For example, if I put a 9" x 5" loaf pan of banana bread on the cooling rack, it almost touches the counter. Wish these had been constructed of something a little thicker and sturdier.
These racks are fairly easy to clean. They are coated with a non-stick material which helps greatly. If they weren't, it would be difficult to get into all the crevices of every intersection. There's a lot of surface area on these racks and that can't be avoided if they're to do their job by allowing air to circulate all the way around the food.
I don't know why so many people ask whether these can be used in the oven. These are "cooling racks", not "baking racks". I would not personally use them for anything other than their intended purpose. I'm sure one can get stainless steel uncoated racks if they absolutely must make bacon in the oven.
So my advice: use these only for light-weight goods. Avoid placing full lasagnas on them. And don't use them for cooking.
I baked a chocolate cake (recipe in E. David's French Provincial Cooking); that cake in only 6-inches round. So I don't know if the bowed rack caused any problems, or did it's job. Will it cause a problem cooling a genoise? I don't know.
If the problem was caused by the envelope, then crap, stop using too tight envelopes!!! I should return the racks. But that creates it's own set to difficulties. Send the racks in a box with stuffing and you don't have this problem. Two stars are one too many for this piece of garbage, maybe two too many.
Top reviews from other countries
These are great and a necessity! I couldn't live without them.
Good quality and sturdy, great value for the money.