Baker's Secret 1061483 10-by-16-Inch Nonstick Cooling Rack, Set of 2
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 2-tier nonstick cooling racks for cookies, pies, and cakes
- Durable chrome construction with narrow grid pattern
- 4 stable feet keeps pastries raised above the counter
- Ensures air circulate underneath for proper cooling
- Set of 2
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare to similar items
This item Baker's Secret 1061483 10-by-16-Inch Nonstick Cooling Rack, Set of 2
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Perella's||Spring Chef||RIGHT-WAY Products|
|Color||Black||Silver||Silver||2 Set 8 x 10"|
|Item Dimensions||16 x 10 x 0.62 in||12 x 17 x 1 in||10.04 x 15 x 0.8 in||8 x 10 x 0.75 in|
|Material Type||Hard-Anodized Aluminum||18/8 Steel||18/8 Steel||Chrome|
2-tier Baker's Secret 10 by 16-Inch Non Stick Cooling Grid, Set of 2. Baker's Secret gadgets are the perfect addition to your baking needs. Complement your Baker's Secret Metal Bakeware with these cooling racks for outstanding results.
Top Customer Reviews
A few points about these racks:
1. Price: Good price point! You can probably find cheaper at a discount store, but they probably won't last you more than a week or so.
2. Quality: I've put these through some decent use in the time that I've had them and they're holding up well so far. How long they'll last you depends on how well you care for them, like anything else. If you want cooling racks that are going to stand up in the long haul against rust, nuclear apocalypse, velociraptor attack, etc. there are higher end ones to get. But if you balk at the idea of spending a fortune on a cooling rack and you're willing to take care of your things, these are a good option.
3. Size: Good size, the two of them typically hold all the cookies I make in a batch. The slats are nicely spaced and allow air to circulate through without your goods falling through. I have limited counter space too, so the size is good.
So, take care of these and they'll last you a while. I've been pleased.
I was with T. Miller (1st review) in thinking:
How can you go wrong with a cooling rack?
I purchased the racks 9 June 2008 and all was great.
Wonderful...for the first few months
Now even though I hand wash and dry these they are rusted at all of the grid's cross points.
I've tried contacting Baker's Edge CS to no avail.
I'm returning to my tried and true: Wilton ( I have Wilton cake pans that are almost 30 years old and still going strong)
So, use our experiences and buy another set of cooling racks*
* BTW, these work well for their intended purpose but I prefer my foods sans rust
These are flimsy. They sag under the weight of a bread loaf. The "feet" are teeny, short things that keep the racks not even half an inch off the counter. The whole rack flexes easily, anything too heavy will touch the counter.
For inexpensive kitchen gear, these fit the bill. They will work for cookies, light Danish, setting other lightweight items to cool.
They have been washed by hand and so far have not rusted. They are covered in a black coating that must help prevent rust. They cannot be used in an oven or a stovetop.
They work, they are of average quality and I expect them to hold up to occasional use. I will be purchasing something else for twice weekly bread baking. These just aren't up to the chore. They will be kept for cooling cookies. During the holidays there are never enough racks.