Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 29, 2005
These are not non-stick racks.

They are spot welded thin wire racks that have a chrome appearance which, if chrome, is easier to clean but certainly is not a non-stick surface.

The package cover states "Dishwasher Safe - Easy Clean" and NOWHERE does the term "non-stick" appear on the package.

Definitely for bread/bake-stuff and not for cooling anything that might have a sticky substance in/on it. Nothing hot and still soft can go on the rack, unless you want a square grid pattern...

You cannot use them in an hot area such as oven/BBQ or like a trivet. You cannot use any "abrasive" cleaner or pad on them either which means a long soak and scrubbing with rag/sponge if something is stuck to the surface.

Once the surface becomes scratched, it will rust very quickly so what they really mean by "Nonstick" is that you need to use kitchen utensils that are made for nonstick coatings to place/remove items on the racks.

I was going to use them for cooling bread-stuff as well as items that need to drip grease off of them before storing in the fridge/freezer(e.g., sausage, smoked & BBQ...).

One out of two is okay for me but I am NOT happy that "Nonstick" is being advertised. The dishwasher here(*me*) does not work real good... :)

Basically, cheap, use for a while and then throw away product...
0Comment| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 11, 2007
My primary reason for this purchase was making onion rings. These racks are excellent for this - the relatively small grid keeps freshly-coated rings from falling through. Two racks provide a lot of real estate while each is small enough to work with in a very small kitchen. Beware of racks that do not use a "grid" design (rings fall through). Also be aware that you get the equivalent of a 20x16 rack. The best bargain for a grid-style rack I could find on the internet (and I searched diligently). Highly recommended.
on March 20, 2007
I never had a set of cooling racks my self , usually put cookies on paper towels and flip cakes out with a plate . These make cooking so much easier have used my sisters before and these- I hate to say are so much better ! hers are smaller and straight lines cookies can fall through ! these are so great! easy clean ,bigger area of cooling ,square shape little squares help hold better for cooling would recommend this as a good buy that helps out in the kitchen!
on September 11, 2005
Ok, these are cooling racks and inexpensive racks at that. They are large enough for two french breads or a tray of cookies. There is really only one issue: The feet are too far from the edge and the rack tips up easily if you start loading the stuff to cool at the end first. So I learned to put it in the middle first. Not a burden and the racks are so inexpensive.
on March 25, 2007
I really love these cooling racks. They are nice and big so I can put a dozen or more cookies on each one as necessary. I also like how flat they are, making them easy to store. Highly recommend.
VINE VOICEon January 28, 2007
I love to bake for myself, my family, and my friends. This serves my needs. They are sturdy and nonstick. Great for everyday use, and they clean up well. I would buy them again.
on January 25, 2007
As a mom of a preschooler I am a cupcake making machine. Now I can cool them on these great racks instead of waiting forever for them to cool in the pan. Good buy.
on April 10, 2007
if you're a frequent baker as I am you need these racks. easy to clean and protects the surface of your counters
on January 29, 2007
These cooling racks are great. They are larger than the normal cooling racks and much sturdier. You can put a lot of cookies on them to cool or several pans. My old ones were falling apart and I am glad I ordered these as they are a great improvement over the ones that I had.
on May 12, 2007
These are great. They are just a perfect size & usually 2 will do an entire batch of cookies. I got them as a deal of the day & at an unbelievably low price. They are very easy to clean & store & every cook/baker should have at least one!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.