- Hardcover: 736 pages
- Publisher: Pearson (April 10, 2004)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0135336473
- ISBN-13: 978-0135336472
- Product Dimensions: 8.3 x 1.4 x 11 inches
- Shipping Weight: 4.4 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 22 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #987,644 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
On Baking: A Textbook of Baking and Pastry Fundamentals
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you grow your business. Learn more about the program.
There is a newer edition of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the Back Cover
Attractively designed and extensively illustrated, On Baking expands upon the well-known On Cooking: A Textbook of Culinary Fundamentals to provide an authoritative yet contemporary introduction to baking and pastry arts. On Baking focuses on information relevant to today's students and working culinary professionals. Comprehensive and well written, On Baking emphasizes an understanding of bakeshop fundamentals, explores the preparation of fresh ingredients, and provides a wealth of information on the "how and why" of baking science and techniques.FEATURES
- 620 tested and proven recipes and formulas for breads, cookies, pastries, desserts, custards, ice creams and the full-range of bakeshop products
- Essays and formulas from more than 40 working chefs, bakers and food writers allow readers to benefit from the combined expertise of these professionals
- 700 color photos and line drawings illustrate step-by-step preparation techniques and presentations and identify equipment and fresh ingredients
- 21 informative chapters cover bakeshop basics such as quick breads, cookies, brownies and pies, as well as advanced preparations including laminated Boughs, contemporary tortes, plated desserts and chocolate designs
- Each copy of this book includes a CD of ValuSoft® MasterCook software, which includes all of the recipes in the book.
About the Author
Sarah R. Labensky, CCP, Director of the Mississippi University for Women Culinary Arts Institute and co-author of On Cooking: A Textbook of Culinary Fundamentals
Eddy Van Damme, Pastry Chef and Director of the pastry arts program, Houston Community College
Priscilla Martel, food writer and baking instructor, co-author of The Best Bread Ever, and contributing editor of The New Cook's Catalogue
Klaus Tenbergen, CMB, CEPC, ASBPB, German Master Baker and Chef Instructor at The School of Culinary Arts at Kendall College
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Have the 3 rd edition out. In this edition they have worked all the kinks
Out of the recipes but buy edition 3 instead. It's the latest one and has
All the same basic recipes as this one does!