BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 15, 2013
I am very disappointed with this book purchase.
I was hoping that it would give me new ways to cook with quinoa so that I could expand my gluten-free repetoire. All but a few of the recipes contain white or whole wheat flour. This collection is geared towards the health conscious person looking to add quinoa to their everyday diet, not those looking to replace wheat with quinoa. It is intended for those wishing to jump on the quinoa fad bandwagon. It is not suitable for those with celiac disease or gluten sensitivity.
I cannot comment on the recipes themselves as I am unable to eat them due to my serious gluten intolerance and therefore did not try them. The few that could be made gluten-free did not appeal to me: nutty zucchini bread, quinoa bars, and peanut butter cookies.
on July 29, 2013
I am a fan of quinoa and was looking forward to receiving this book. Alas, all the author has mostly done is add quinoa to otherwise fairly standard recipes to label them more healthful.....still a lot of wheat flour and sugar. Do not buy this if you are looking for recipes using quinoa as a substitute for wheat. The majority of recipes call for a little bit of quinoa or quinoa flour and a larger proportion of wheat flour. I have a problem with the book being touted as healthful, being that this is the case. You would do much better to go online to learn how to cook and store quinoa, or to find recipes using it.
on July 11, 2012
I include superfoods in my diet. Blueberries, eggs, cashews, apples, apricots, bananas, blackberries, pine nuts etc. Quinoa is one of the major superfoods. It's a seed that is prepared more like a grain and is packed with protein. It's high in fiber and packed with nutrients. So I have been preparing Quinoa mostly as a grain side dish.

Now I can make desserts with it! Sarah Clarence has done great job with this book. She explains the different types of Quinoa, how to prepare it and store it. She also has a book full of YUMMY Quinoa breads and muffins, bars, cookies and cakes.

There's a great variety of recipes in this book: Delicious Quinoa muffins, Very Berry muffins, Hearty Quinoa Bread, Tasty Cornbread with Quinoa, Moist Nutty Zucchini Quinoa Bread (a favorite), ChocoCoconut Quinoa Brownies, Nutty Dark Chocolate Bars, Gooey Peanut Butter & Quinoa Cookies, Melt in Your Mouth Chocolate Cupcakes, Easy Maple Quinoa Hot Cakes, Spicy Quinoa Cake and many more.

This book will allow me to include Quinoa in my diet in a variety of different desserts. Quinoa makes any meal healthier. It's nice to know we can include Quinoa in desserts and make them healthier too!

Highly recommended.
on July 17, 2012
What an awesome resource for quinoa lovers. Since I am also a chocolate lover as well, I especially liked the Peanutty Chocolate Quinoa Bars, The Quick and Easy Chocolate Quinoa Bars and but of course the Old Time Favorite Quinoa Cookies with Chocolate Chips! The author gives a great tip that since quinoa is so full of nutrients, you can make every day snacks and desserts that are not only healthy, but popular with your family too! Great book!
on July 15, 2012
Quinoa is one of the best and extremely versatile superfood.
I recently started incorporating Quinoa into my diet with
great results.

This book is one of the rare ones on the market that is
devoted to using Quinoa for making healthy baked goods such
as breads, muffins, cookies and cakes.

The author gives a nice overview of Quinoa, its health benefits,
how to use, how to store it etc. The recipes are written in a
clear and easy to understand way.

The book is nicely formatted for the kindle with fully functioning
TOC. At the end of recipe, there is link to "Return to the Table of
COntents" which is a nice touch.

I would highly recommend for those looking for healthy recipes.
on July 15, 2012
If you want to bake healthy desserts, this is the book for you. The author does a great job with her directions for how to prepare the Quinoa for each recipe. There are many ways to fix the Quinoa before you add it to your recipes.
It is very important to refrigerate or freeze the quinoa flour after you have prepared it. The recipes are yummy and healthy. You can't have it better than that.Muffins, breads, brownies, cookies & cakes are all in this great book.

Buy this book and make healthy treats for your family.
on February 15, 2014
It's so easy these days, to put any information out there, good or bad. I have tried 3 of these recipes. All were total flops. Not just a matter of flavor.... Not edible. Just threw out tonight's "corn bread", and I am finished with this book.
on August 14, 2013
Great recipes for baking with Quinoa. Full of protein and taste delicious. Always love more recipes on how to incorporate this into my diet.
on December 20, 2013
I was hooked from finding out more about Quinoa and finding out the complete protein it was with the amino acids needed for wound healing. I am struggling to get enough protein in my diet to heal my wound. Now I have really yummy looking things I have been craving, but in a way that helps me daily. Thank you so much for sharing these recipes,
on January 10, 2014
I love the tips that are given for working with quinoa. The author takes the time to educate you about this very new type of seed. Then she proceeds to tell you the best way to get the best end product. i bought the Kindle book AND the paperback version. Fantastic recipes too.