Baladéo 22G Superlight Locking Knife w/ Pocket Clip
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- High quality 420 stainess steel
- Utilizes an integrated line lock and pocket clip
- Chisel blade protects the knife when stowed and is easy to sharpen
- Featherweight design- you forget it's in your pocket!
- Blade length: 9 cm Weight: 22 grams
- This superlight knife is forged from high quality 420 stainess steel
- Chisel blade protects the knife stowed and is easy to sharpen
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
|Item Dimensions||1.25 x 2.25 x 5.5 inches|
|Shipping Weight||0.05 pounds|
Top Customer Reviews
The other major problem is that the locking mechanism can be compromised by your grip on the handle. This is far more serious, as the lock is most likely to fail when under great force, which increases the chances of injury. It's not a knife that I would hand to another person without careful consideration.
Still, I carry it on a daily basis, and I love the fact that it weighs less than a quarter of my Blur. Once it's clipped to my pocket, it's so light that I forget it's there. The edge works reasonably well for the light tasks I throw at it on a day-to-day basis. The steel is not particularly good, but I wouldn't expect much better for this price.
If you're looking for a super light knife to carry every day, you're unlikely to find a folder of this size with comparable weight. Just be aware of the compromises before you buy.
Very light- most of the time, I forgot it was there. Hacked away at everything from 550 cord to wood, was still sharp 3 months later, not even worn down much. Actually clipped it to my back pocket as I was traveling and left it on a seat, was so used to it by then I had to buy another one when I got home.
It has an serious problem that if much cutting force is applied the blade lock releases and the blade closes on your knuckles. The reason is that the frame twists when force is applied and the locking mechanism is small. If the frame were more rigid then this wouldn't be a problem, but then the knife would weigh more than 21 g.
I'm left handed, but this happens when it hold it in either hand.
1. When you get the knife open it partially and hold it by the blade, then whip it open like a regular folder, this should throw the lock bar over the bolt head. Now bend it gently toward the spine side of the knife, replace it on the correct side of the bolt head. With that done the lock bar will lock up better and NEVER come over the Bolt again.
2. Put the rear of the handle in a vise and bend the last 1/8-1/4" TOWARD THE BLADE SIDE so when closed the tip of the blade JUST drags, this keeps the tip from snagging on pockets, fingers, etc.
3. Carry it everyday. i own the big one and weighs the same as 6US quarters!!! This one weighs in at about a $1 in quarters!!!! You'll love this knife
Cons: The blade gap let to a nice cut on my finger when fishing it out of my pocket.
So I attempted to tighten the pivot screw to help close that gap. The screw is very VERY weak and the head snapped off instantly. I now have a very thin pocket knife with a large bolt and nut holding the two peaces together. If you need and want a very light pocket knife, this is it. Just dont treat it like its a Buck or Case pocket knife.
Great knife. I got it for my Dad who is a knife aficionado and he was floored.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great knife, super light, good pocket clip. I forget that I am wearing it. I was looking for a nice pocket knife that was comfortable to have on me every day, this is it.Published on February 4, 2014 by eric
AWESOME knife that I bought as part of my prep for thru-hiking the Appalachian Trail. Super sharp and compact. I adored this knife! Read morePublished on November 18, 2013 by JustBunny
Great knife. Light weight, and durable. Stays closed in my pocket, have not cut my hand at all when using it.Published on September 8, 2013 by JJ
Be careful though, the handle is also the unlocking mechanism. Great for backpacking or carrying around for small needs. Would reccomend.Published on June 22, 2013 by J. Hunter
I gave my other Baladeo 27G (which is awesome) to my dad. He loves ultralight knives. Get the other model. Read morePublished on April 23, 2013 by Willie
I spent the money because I like knives and this design interested me. When it arrived I was impressed with the design. Read morePublished on February 18, 2013 by User
Bought this for my son for a backpacking trip we will be taking and he loves it already. Wasn't so sure at first because it doesn't look as cool as in the movies, but once he... Read morePublished on January 24, 2013 by James P. Barrett