Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 90 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 115 reviews
on October 23, 2014
I have mixed feelings about this shoe. Primarily because I feel I paid too much and, initially, they weren't as comfortable as I thought they'd be.

I have had my feet professionally measured and am a size 8 wide. But for years I have been ordering an 8.5 in regular or wide and the fit is almost always fine. I like to feel room in my toe and I just have really fat/wide feet. So I ordered these shoes in the grey color at 8.5 2E (extra wide). They were definitely wide... no issue with the width. That's the best thing about this shoe. They come very wide and that's not easy to find. But the right foot felt smaller in length and more narrow around the toe. The left foot was a perfect fit. Overall, I didn't find them anymore comfortable than my other shoes... but they were almost twice as much.

My first thought was to send them back. But I walked around the house with them for an hour or two and they seemed to grow more comfortable. After wearing them to the gym for a few weeks I seemed to have broken them in. They are very comfortable now and I barely notice the size difference with the right foot. Maybe I just stretched them out, who knows. I still feel I paid too much. I wouldn't rate this more than 3.5 stars.

And just a note about delivery. Click on the seller profile because you should know that they charge a 20% "restocking" fee for returns (not exchanges). And I will have to pay for a return shipping as well if I return them. Now I paid 196.78 after taxes and shipping. Yet despite paying 16.78 for shipping they came stuffed in a priority shipping box with one thin packing paper wrap and nothing more. No packing slip and no original packaging. I had an unsettling first impression, like they were used or someone else's return. If I pay this much, I expect better care that anticipates damage- not a shoe smooshed into a priority mailing box. Just a better presentation. Sheesh.

I won't be ordering this style again or using this seller again. Too many other shoes deliver more professionally and offer free returns these days.
on December 1, 2013
New Balance Women's WR993 Running Shoe, Grey. After hearing such great things about these American-made shoes, I went ahead and ordered them. They did not work for me - mainly because they ran big and wide, gave me no support. If not sure about sizing, go to their website (New Balance) and check out their shoe comparison test. It gives comparisons on many popular running shoes. Indeed, it suggested I try a half size smaller than my Asics. I was able to make an exchange. Half size down did the trick. Very comfortable and fits like a dream. Well-cushioned and excellent construction. Sure to last a while.
on August 21, 2014
They are comfy shoes to wear. It gives your heels great support so it may reduce the impact ensued while you are running. However, the shoe surface near your toes is not durable enough. After a few months of wearing, you may find a spot of worn-out on the shoe surface near where you toes are located starts to shape up and eventually breaks and make it a real hole! I think they can adopt more durable material for their shoe surface or reinforce the durability around those spots to make it better! Other than that, they are good shoes!
on January 15, 2011
Generally speaking, these shoes are the best running shoes that I have ever bought! Actually I bought the man 993 for myself and I bought these ones for my Mom in that I wanna her to have the same awesome feeling with me.

As a matter of fact, my Mom can't get these shoes until I come back to China next Christmas Holiday. So I do not know her reaction yet. However, I am sure she will like them since I had a wonderful feeling when I was first in my 993.

These shoes are indeed a little expensive (more expensive than my gray ones)but still much cheaper than the same ones in China. Besides, some styles of them like those pink ones are difficult to get in China.

Those shoes look exactly like the picture shown on the website. The pink color is much more beautiful that the other ones such as the classic gray. They are extremely suitable for girls. The reason why I bought them so soon is that few are left. There were only five pairs of my Mom's size left when I ordered. I just checked the stock to find there are only one pair now. So be quick if you like these guy. I do not think you will regret. Trust me!
on February 21, 2017
I love the fit and comfort of New Balance 993s, but they wore out quicker than what I expected. I developed a whole near my right big toe after ~6 months of fairly regular use. They are very comfortable for walking around, but I would not recommend them as a long lasting, durable running shoe.
on February 18, 2011
I have all kinds of foot issues and this is the best pair of shoes I have found. They are very well cushioned in the ball of the foot, better than any shoe I have ever tried. Since I wear orthotics I chose the wide size and I went up a half size. I don't take out the liner that comes with the shoe since it adds to the cushioning, but I put my orthotic right on top of it. I wear these around the house when I do chores instead of slippers and I feel like I can do a lot more than without them. They are the only shoe that I will wear when I go for walks on the sidewalk. I bought one in white and I just purchased another pair in black. The only thing I don't like about the black is the light colored shoelaces - they really stand out when I am wearing black pants. I will buy black shoelaces instead. These shoes will add a couple of inches to your height because of all the padding.
on May 28, 2010
My doctor told me to purchase the 993 to help with my foot problem. While I do not use the 993 for running, it gives wonderful support, not only in the arch, but the heel and sides as well without giving up comfort. I have five pair of shoes so the 993 gets a real workout and, so far, it has stood the test. The 993 is worn everyday, and some days it is worn from the time I get up in the morning until I go to bed at night. Definately a shoe I would purchace again and again.
on November 12, 2009
The 993, an updated version of 992 is a good running shoes for those whose feet are pronated/flat. For the most part, it's comfortable and the mesh allows solid ventilation from the stinkiness of sweat inside shoes. However, when I first wore the shoes, the inner right side where I tend to pronate cut into the side of my foot. In a word, it hurt! But then I readjusted the inner lining which is thank God, removable, so it's much more comfy now.
on April 26, 2010
These are the most comfortable shoes ever. I'm not a runner, but I started a new job which required a LOT of walking. My feet hurt so bad I could hardly stand on them. I initially shied away from these because of the price ($149 after tax at my local "bargain" shoe store) and bought a cheaper pair of New Balance shoes. This helped with the pain in one foot but not the other. So I sucked it up and bought these. No more pain in my feet AT ALL! Have owned them for 6 months and wear them every day. My only complaint would be the mesh fabric in the toe area. If they would bring the leather part up a little bit over the toe, they'd be less likely to bust through. Just bought my second pair because the toe was ripped. But hey, I got them for $50 less than what I payed at my local Shoe Station! I also received them in 4 days.
on June 15, 2012
Love these shoes and will wear them but sadly, they don't love my feet. This is no fault of the shoes. They are made extremely well and arrived promptly, but I have major foot problems and can't walk for any length of time in them. I am a severe over-pronator with Morton's Neuroma. New Balance never claimed they were suitable for either one, but I bought them anyway. I thought I could stretch them out or that they would work with various orthotics, but I needed a shoe with a wider toe box and more stability. If you don't have the foot problems I mentioned, don't hesitate to buy!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.