This item, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.
- Unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping
- Instant streaming of over 40,000 movies and TV episodes
- A Kindle book to borrow for free each month - with no due dates
- Over a million songs and hundreds of playlists
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
3 Year Bike/Scooter Extended Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Shipping included on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card reimbursement for your product purchase price.
- Plan term and coverage begins at the end of the manufacturer's labor warranty. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 24 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
SEGWAY miniPRO Smart Self Balancing Transporter 2018 Edition, 12.5 Mile Range, 10 MPH of Top Speed, 10.5-Inch Pneumatic Air Filled Tires, Mobile App Control, Customizable LED Lights (Black)
|You Save:||$50.00 (9%)|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- 10.5 inch pneumatic air filled tires for a smooth ride
- Durable aircraft-grade magnesium alloy frame
- Connect to the mobile app via Bluetooth for full features: remote control operation, anti-theft alarm, speed control, customizable lights, vehicle diagnostics, and firmware updates
- 10 mph top speed | 12.5 mile range. Beginner Mode-Can be disabled or enabled via App after 0.6 miles (1km) of riding. Applicable Terrain-Pavement, packed dirt, slopes < 15°, obstacles < 0.4 inch
- 220 lbs payload, light-weight appropriate age 16+. ul 2272 Certified unit meets high standards of fire and electrical safety
Customers also shopped for
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
Segway's incredible line of personal transportation vehicles makes getting around easier than ever. Experience the future of personal mobility today. The miniPRO is a genuine Segway scooter that comes with the top-tier technology and premier production that the Segway brand is known for.
Segway miniPRO (2018 Edition)
Self Balancing Personal Transporters
The miniPRO (2018 Edition) is not a hoverboard—it’s the next step in the evolution of personal transportation. Powered by Ninebot technology, the miniPRO (2018 Edition) is a hands-free, two-wheel electric scooter with safer features, higher speeds, and longer battery life. The miniPRO (2018 Edition) is built to easily traverse a variety of indoor and outdoor terrains.
- Easy to ride
- 10 mph | 12.5 mile range
- Free mobile app
- Road adaptive
- UL2272 certified
Learn to Ride in Minutes
You don’t need hours of practice to ride like a pro. Precision sensors and our innovative knee control bar allow you to maneuver better than ever.
Adapt to Road Obstacles
The 800-watt dual motor is engineered to overcome humps, slopes, and other everyday obstacles without sacrificing safety and stability.
Lightweight & Portable
It’s easy to carry and ready to store in a car trunk. The knee control bar can be quickly detached to make the scooter fit in small spaces in a pinch.
Reliable Safety Day & Night
Automatic headlights, customizable LED taillights, and a strict safety test ensure that you remain safe while riding, day or night, rain or shine.
Custom Fit & Max Comfort
The padded knee control bar and adjustable height feature allows riders of all shapes and sizes to maneuver the electric scooter comfortably.
The miniPRO reaches top speeds of 10 miles per hour and travels distances up to 12.5 miles on a single charge! Create new ways to shop, commute, and get around.
Phone App Control & Anti-theft
Lock your miniPRO, adjust light colors, modify safety features, upgrade firmware, run vehicle diagnostics, and even remotely command your miniPRO to move.
Segway minipro 2018 edition | smart self balancing personal transporter with mobile App control appropriate age-16-60. Ul 2272 certified unit meets high standards of fire and electrical safety set by world-renown global safety science company underwriters laboratories
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
201 customer reviews
Review this product
Showing 1-6 of 201 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I'm not sure why they did this, although I read some speculation online about it being more difficult to ship batteries with capacities over 300 Watt-hours. It's not a huge difference in range, but still, I'd rather have more than less!
I love the scooter and it's super-fun to ride and easy to learn. But I'm glad I did some research. I bet that people assume that the "2018 Edition" would be new and improved, when in reality it's less capable.
See video attachment and watch how the speed limit (in blue) drops from 9.9 MPH to 8.7 MPH as one hits the top speed.
Some potential owners are wondering what the differences are between this "2018 Edition" (actually the Segway miniPRO 260 - currently $399 on Amazon) and the Segway miniPRO 320 ($599 on Amazon). I contacted Segway Customer Service directly and posed this question. Their response was the same as the one posted in the Customer Questions and Answers "The all-new 2018 Segway miniPRO is nearly identical in looks/features/specs – the main difference is that the 2018 miniPRO has 1.5 miles less in range (12.5 miles versus 14 miles), which enables consumers to purchase the miniPRO at a reduced price". That's it, a slightly bigger battery.
While I cannot attest to the 14-mile range of the miniPRO 320, I can confirm the range of the miniPRO 260, having just logged my first 12.9 miles with it. To respond to the question of why anyone would reduce the range of their product, the price difference of $150 (savings was $215 on Black Friday) for 1.5 miles of additional range is simply not worth it. That's 33% higher cost for an increase in range of 11.2%. Pretty negligible in my book. And, I would expect the range to be even better for other users, as I am close to the 220 pound weight limit, which obviously impacts range.
As to performance, the fun factor is off the charts with this thing! I am surprised that there aren't more of them out there. I imagine the bad publicity from all the competitor's inferior "hoverboards" is partly to blame. But, let me tell you, there is nothing inferior about the miniPRO. This scooter is top of the line in every way. As for learning curve, there wasn't any. I was literally riding in two minutes! The scooter is extremely intuitive. Kudos to Segway / Ninebot for offering this awesome product at such a competitive price. I think I got my $385 worth on day one!