Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Balconi Tiramisu
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Ingrid Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM

on July 1, 2006
I just returned from Italy where I bought a Balconi Tiramisu cake in a grocery store. I had the cake for three weeks before I brought it home to eat. I kept thinking... How is it possible this cake will be any good when it has not been refrigerated? (I bought it off the shelf in the cookie isle in Italy!). The cake was Wonderful! It is extremely tasty and moist! I highly recommend this great-quick dessert!
VINE VOICEon January 15, 2009
I saw the Balconi Tiramisu one day and bought it on a whim. I wasn't expecting too much, I just wanted something easy for dessert. I opened the package and sliced the cake and wow! A really tasty cake. The best part is it can keep, unrefrigerated, for up to three months (according to Balconi - don't ask me, they don't last nearly that long in my home.)
A slightly sweet, delightful dessert cake. It contains marsala wine; I suppose that will help the shelf life, in addition to giving it moisture and flavor. Also, this contains real Marscapone cheese.
If you are looking for a quick, easy and delicious dessert cake, Balconi Tiramisu fills the bill nicely. It is also a very reasonable price. You don't even need to find an italian bakery to enjoy some scrumptious Tiramisu.
on August 11, 2013
At first I didn't think much of the dessert. Two of the packages tasted like perfume, but that could have been poor positioning in transit, instead of it's recipe. I kept expecting the snack to have a more exciting flavor. Eventually, either I got used to the subdued taste or there were packages in there with more punch. From the first, it was more moist than the Balconi Chocolate Tiramisu cake, that we purchased before. The filling is delicious, but the flavor of the yellow cake didn't have any pizzazz. Anyway, I probably won't be buying this one again because it cost more and didn't taste as good as the chocolate variety, which was less expensive. At Global Foods, this was selling between $3-$4.
on March 13, 2009
I read all five reviews before placed an order. The cake is terrible and I would not recommend to anyone. Here is why:
(a) Two of the five reviews online said the cake could last 3 months, so I bought 4 cakes in one order. Guess what, all four I got had an expiration date 2 weeks later. Maybe I am just that lucky one who got the cakes just before they expired.
(b) Tiramisu I've had in restaurants has been moist and NOT very sweet. This cake is dry and very sweet (comparable to cakes in Walmart). The dryness may be due to the fact it is close to its expiration date.
(c) The cakes arrived upside down. I opened one and part of it stuck to the cover. This may have nothing to do with the seller, instead, buying cake online and getting it shipped to you may not be a good idea after all.
on October 12, 2010
I just came back from Italy and had this cake served as a dessert at the hotel we stayed at. I just loved it. By far the best "OTC" Tiramisu cake I've had... I bought a box for my trip home for my hubby, who loved it as well... Out of curiosity, I tried to see if this was available in the US and thankfully it is via Ditalia at Amazon.com! I just ordered 4 boxes and expect to order more in the future. Definitely something I will be buying again and again... try it if you haven't and order it on Amazon.com if you want more! Italy is not that far anymore...
on July 14, 2012
This cake is great, At first I thought hmm why is it on the shelf! Shoudn't it be refridgerated? I guess not:) I bought my first one at job lots.!! But someone said you can order them from amazon , It is a great treat and (Pick me up ) as its called. I still worried about the shelf life but so far it stays fresh. It says it can stay fresh for up too 4 months or so Im not sure. But it is very tasty and the coffee and liquor flavor is awsome. I have always loved tiramisu and never made it correctly. But this is really good.
on March 5, 2009
Tiramisu is my favorite thing in the whole world! I ordered this from Ditalia & it is amazing! it is very moist with great flavor and tastes like something you would get in a restaurant! for the price the taste is well worth it! I would order a few to keep on hand for a quick desert when people visit! great great product!
on August 29, 2008
I bought this cake because one of my relatives went to Italy and brought me this cake for dessert. The cake traveled all the way from Italy to California and it was tasteful as if I was in Italy having a good time. I definitely would recommend it. Thanks Balconi Dolciaria!
on June 1, 2008
For the amount of money spent on this product I really feel like I got a good value. The tiramisu was surprisingly good. rich, flavorful, and moist. I most definitely be interested in repeat business and recommend this product to all of my friends. Thanks D'Italia!
on February 23, 2015
not like the stuff you get a a resturaunt at all

See 1 answered question