Balios (Designed in Britain Prestige Walking Stick Umbrella—Luxury Chestnut Wood Crook Handle—Bamboo Shaft—Windproof Fiberglass Frame—Auto Open 300T Finest Fabric
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- ★Design: Olive green ★ONE OF THE MOST CLASSIC ENGLISH DESIGNS + PURE AESTHETIC BEAUTY★--Based in Berkshire England, Balios is all about authentic quality and contemporary aesthetic beauty. Using the finest materials, this luxury stick umbrella with genuine chestnut wood crook handle is the perfect accessory for any elegant men who would like to maintain their sartorial standards during drizzly days.
- ★HANDMADE GENUINE CHESTUT WOOD CROOK HANDLE ★--We carefully source our natural material with strict standards. Each chestnut wood stick is carefully hand-picked from the mountains and specially selected for each umbrella to fit the diameter of our bamboo shaft. Owing to their handcrafted nature, slight variations in colour and finish may occur. Such variation ensure every product is unique, adding to its beauty.
- ★STRONG FIBERGLASS FRAME WITH BAMBOO SHAFT★--Our 14mm shaft is made of natural bamboo, which is well-known for its flexibility and resilience. The strong frame consists 8 extra thick and strong fiberglass ribs. The canopy is carefully fitted by hand including all internal sewing details
- ★THICKENED FIBERGLASS RIBS★--Each improved rib is reinforced with high-density thickened fiberglass ligaments to prevent breakage or rib distortion in strong winds. The ribs will bend and flex in windy conditions so not to easily break or invert, even if the canopy blows inside out during sudden gusts, it can be easily flipped back into position without damaging the frame. ★AUTO OPEN BUTTON★Press the button to open within a second. Close the umbrella manually.
- ★FINEST 300T WATER-REPELLENT FABRIC + ECO-FRIENDLY COTTON BAG★--Our water-repellent canopy is constructed of 300 thread count per inch high-density fabric (the most tightly woven & the finest fabric ever used in any umbrellas) to offer maximum protection from precipitation. It is also treated with special water-repellent outer coating. Dries very quickly with luxurious feel. ★ Comes with a black eco-friendly cotton bag with a drawstring top.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
What makes Balios umbrella a great umbrella? There is really no magic about it – it is merely patient attention to detail. Pick up a Balios walking umbrella and you will immediately sense that it is a different kind of umbrella. With its sturdy frame construction and exquisite design, our Balios walking umbrella is the perfect combination of durability and metropolitan style.
Handmade chestnut wood handle
This design also comes with a handmade genuine chestnut wood crook wooden handle. It will instantly make you look more capable, like a fine watch, will serve you stylishly, as long as you don’t leave it on the bus.
Perfect combination of durability and metropolitan style
Revolutionary construction designed to battle the elements: unique thickened premium fiberglass wind-resistant frame system, offering great durability.
Easy to carry around
- Superior ultra-soft & ultra-lightweight 300T high-density water repellent fabric keeps you dry and protected from the rain. It is the finest fabric ever used in any umbrella and dries very quickly.
- Opens easily at the press of a button.
- Luxury genuine chestnut wood handle with 14mm natural bamboo shaft.
- 1 x Balios auto open walking stick umbrella with handmade chestnut wood handle.
- 1 x Black cotton bag with a drawstring top.
An ultimately luxury umbrella with classic appeal and contemporary aesthetic.
Balios - Beautiful umbrellas of distinction.
Compare with similar items
Balios Prestige Travel Umbrella, Real Wood Handle, Auto Open & Close, Vented Windproof Double Canopy, Designed in UK
Balios (Designed in UK Travel Umbrella Luxurious Golden Rosewood Handle Auto Open & Close Windproof Frame Single Canopy Automatic Folding Umbrella Men's & Ladies
totes Auto Open Wooden Handle J Stick Umbrella, Black
SoulRain Stick Umbrellas Automatic Open Windproof Wood J Handle Rain Umbrella Navy Blue for Men Women Arc Classic Unbreakable 48 Inch
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping on your first order. Details||FREE Shipping on your first order. Details||FREE Shipping on your first order. Details||FREE Shipping on your first order. Details|
Style Name: olive green
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I received this yesterday after my 13 year old Totes gave us the ghost and one of it's ribs rusted through and snapped in half. After looking through several selections on Amazon, including Totes, I decided upon this one. This one was a bit more expensive than the others but since I keep these typically over a decade I like to get good ones. I received the package as promised, product was delivered intact. The product presented well in a black canvas bag with a nice pull string that I will likely never use again. So much cost put into the bag, I wished they delivered it in a box or paper sleeve and put that money back into the product itself. The product proudly states that it's "Designed in Britain with Quality and Aesthetic Beauty in Mind" but the right below it states it was manufactured in China. (see picture)
The umbrella seems well built. The handle is...well..."interestingly rustic". It looks like it was whittled with a pen knife and feels that way. There is a light stain over the wood but the feel is rough and it felt like I was going to get a splinter. I took some 00 grade steel wool over the handle a few times and it took the roughness right out. Feels much better. The handle is attached to the handle well, or so it seems with some kind of white translucent adhesive in a thick bead. However, the handle itself is carved slightly crooked. There is a metal badge on the handle that has the name "balios" in script tastefully written on it. However the way the badge was nailed on the handle has left a bend and gap on the badge, hardly what I would consider "good" workmanship (see the pic below). The rest of the umbrella seems to be well made. The deployment button is large and robust. The deployment action is smooth and smart. The wooden main tube seems well made. The spars and ribs of the canopy are of large diameter and seem to be able to take on all but the most hurricane force winds. The tips of the canopy are larger than those on my previous umbrellas and are made of a hefty feeling metal. The tip of the umbrella is covered by a sturdy feeling cap that is nailed on. The canopy fabric is a thick material that seems well made. I may spray on a coat of water repellent however. The fabric seems a more matte finish than my previous Totes umbrella that had more of a shiny, slippery sheen to the fabric.The fasteners that keep the umbrella together when collapsed seem well constructed and well sewn on. My biggest complaint is the handle which is mostly what one touches on an umbrella. Plus I don't know if a "gentleman umbrella" should have such a rough looking handle. The rest of the umbrella seems well made and up to the task. As I said, I keep my umbrellas for years so only time will tell how this will hold up.
The Balios is much more like a proper English umbrella and feels superb. Yes, it's made in China, but the Balios does feel superb! It has a button-and-loop strap, not a snap. (The strap for the tips does use a snap). The canopy material in the Balios is much nicer. The Balios shaft measured at 14mm. The stitching on the Balios is tight, there's no slack anywhere. Opening and closing is smooth, the smoothest I've had. When open, the canopy is taut. When closing, it closes with a positive click, no ambiguity, no slop. There's a rosette outside, under the cap. The runner is a nice, fat plastic with a grippy feel. The spring to open the umbrella is smooth.
This is my first umbrella with a fiberglass frame, and I was pleasantly surprised to see it has brass rivets, albeit hollow. Can't say how long it'll last, I'm hoping it lasts at least a decade or two. If it does that, then job well done! I do take care of my umbrellas, I don't fold them wet, I don't throw them around.
What I really want is a Fox one-piece stick, but heh, that's not going to happen. At $32 the Balios is a great value for good quality, something I can afford.
The one thing I'd suggest to the maker is: Please, pretty please, include the tight-fitting sleeve that umbrellas used to come with! Remember? Made from the same material as the canopy, and had a hole so the ferrule would be exposed? Made the umbrella look so much sharper!
EDIT: Six months in, and the umbrella is doing fine. Many heavy downpours and lots of wind haven't done anything to break it. The canopy and all stitching and ties are still as tight as when it arrived. There is no wear / chafing anywhere. The opening button and spring are fine, the "click" when the runner goes over the spring when closing is still solid. I like it so much I may order the navy with constellations.
EDIT 2: Things changed for the best, and I actually did get a Fox umbrella, handmade in Croydon, UK out of a solid piece of flamed maple. Does this make the Balios a lesser brolly? Nope! The fabric on both is pretty much identical, some kind of hi-grade polyester. Both are equally tight -- by that, I mean when open, the canopies sound the same, the same exact pitch and tonality -- just like a drum. Simply put, tbe Balios is an outrageous deal, and far, far above what you get from mass-market big-box retailers. Get the Balios, you will not regret it. Forget Totes. Balios is the one if things like Fox, Magila, Smith or Swigg are out of reach. The Fox will be my daily driver, but the Balios will be the faithful backup. Truly, having the Fox in my hand just showcased how good the Balios is.
One other suggestion: Make the main strap tighter, by about 1/2 to 3/4 inch tighter. It'll help furl the Balios tighter, like a proper brolly should.