Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

TOP 500 REVIEWERon May 31, 2016
I'm not sure why my purchase is linking to this page which says quart-sized, but I'll leave my review anyway.

I bought these half-pint jars to store smaller amounts of spices. (I keep my larger bulk spices in quart and 2-quart jars.) These vacuumed very well with my Foodsaver and were just the right size for stacking in my cupboard. I also use the 8 oz jars for even smaller amounts. (http://smile.amazon.com/Kerr-00500-Mouth-Glass-Mason/dp/B00A0KUGYU?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage)

I know the spices I stored in them will maintain their potency. In addition, since they're Ball canning jars, I know they'll hold up to vacuum pressure and last for years. Very happy with these!

For laser-printable, durable, water-proof label for spice jars (and anything else!), I found these labels to be the perfect fit:
Avery Weatherproof Laser Shipping Labels, 2" x 4", 500/Pack (5523)
on December 13, 2013
I live by myself, but it's really hard to cook just 1-2-person portions of certain types of food. Using these jars, I can freeze the leftovers for later. If you want to freeze though, make sure to first refrigerate the jar with the contents for a couple of hours before moving to the freezer or the temperature difference might cause the glass to crack/shatter.
You really can't beat glass!

This is really a lovely set that I think will hold up for years. They make great ice tea and fruit smoothie glasses, that won't spill all over my car. Of course There are hundreds of other things you can do with, including canning of course.
I even freeze left overs in them, and them label the jar.

I found some dissolvable labels that you can put on the lids so you can tell what you have frozen inside the jar, without having to pull it out of the freezer. I like the idea of labels a lot for storage.
I like the glass containers as well. If my review helped you, could you please click "helpful" button below. Thank you!
on November 17, 2016
Serves many different needs around the house. Whether its long term storage, drinking water, or using as decorative pieces, the Ball jars are essential to have for whatever occasion. Not many people will need this many pint sized jars but these are great for events like weddings, baby showers, graduation parties.

Just know that over time, the lids will rust and thats expected so don't let that rain on your parade. Just replaced them when the time comes or just use the jars as cups going forward.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
You can never have too many mason jars! I have tons of them all over the house and use them for everything. I store spices in them, salt, sugar, flower, bath bombs, crayons, pencils, you name it and its prob in a mason jar at my house.
on November 13, 2013
I live overseas on an American base so these jars had to travel far and mine had cardboard between each jar and none of them broke I was very excited as I was very nervous some of them would break with the amount of travel it would have to go through to get to me being an American in Germany. but its amazing! I will order more of these! and ive made jam! and I didn't know I had to have a canning rack and none of my jars exploded without using a jar rack which is amazing cause after reading that I needed one after I already made jam made me happy! cause I read a lot of stories about them exploding! yikes!
on April 23, 2014
These jars are great quality. The 8oz is the perfect size for storing leftovers or for small homemade batches of apple butter, jams, etc. I would buy them elsewhere unless you get them on a great sale on Amazon. I did see them for less than $7 so bought a case here but in general you can buy them cheaper in store. They are more plain and not as pretty as the quilted jars so they would not be my choice for gifting but for personal use, they are perfect. I won't buy any other brand (at least not without seeing great reviews on them first) by the case.
on September 21, 2013
Many reviews have summed up these jars - they're a reliable brand and a solid product. I am using the set of 12 half-pint jars to hold small supplies at a crafting party, so I can't speak to their performance for actual canning/jarring purposes.

I selected the "frustration-free" packaging, not knowing what this meant. I still don't really know, but I will say that they came in their own box within a larger box (they were part of a larger order with other items in the larger box), and the jars had thick cardboard dividers between each one. Thus, absolutely no breakage or scratching. So it seems as if the seller has updated the packaging, perhaps in response to all the reviews noting damaged goods.

If you're looking for specific dimensions of the jars, look at the Q&A section for this product - very helpful!
on March 14, 2013
I've been looking for yogurt containers for quite some time. I purchased a set of containers specifically for yogurt and found myself disappointed with the small size and the low quality caps that leaked. I was SOOO PLEASED to finally come across these jars. THEY ARE SOOO PRACTICAL!!!

Jars are durable, perfect size, and the sealing is more than I expected. Washed lids in one dishwasher cycle and they came out fine....not sure if they will hold up with the wash, but I am more than pleased!!!

I also purchased a set of plastic lids (do an amazon search for "ball regular mouth jar storage caps"), and they work amazing as well. I think the original covers have a better seal, but I do prefer the ease of the plastic covers.

Again, I am very pleased with my purchase, and will look to BALL PRODUCTS for any of my jarring needs!!!
on August 21, 2013
I baked cinnamon struesel cake in a few of them. I was able to seal them air tight, they were get to send to my fiance in the middle east. The cost of them is about the same that you would find in stores though. I am going to use some for some center pieces for a family gathering soon.
There are lots of good ideas on pinterest!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.