Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on October 22, 2014
I used these for my wedding favors and they were adorable!
review image
143 people found this helpful
|33 comments|Report abuse
on March 28, 2014
Not choosing the standard packaging might have resulted in misplacement of labels. Jars are fine but just wanted to provide this info should one might be considering if the packaging options are worth it. Sent a request to Amazon to see if they can send the labels separately.

The labels are really nice to have, but seems like it would be excessive to do a full return.

Update: Amazon was great to replace my order with no extra charge and without having to return. However, the new set (with frustration free packaging) did not include the labels either. So, I guess that's why frustration free is cheaper? The product description says "bonus labels" so I guess you do not get this bonus with frustration free packaging. Either way, the 60 pack of labels was cheaper locally than it is on Amazon. I am still tempted to order the standard packaging just to see if the bonus labels are there.
review image
30 people found this helpful
on April 23, 2014
These jars are so pretty with the quilted look. They remind me of when my grandma used to make us blackberry jam using the same jars (in the 8oz size). I bought the 4oz off of Amazon when they were on sale for $7 otherwise I buy them at local stores where they normally go for $7-something. They are not only pretty but they are nice, sturdy glass without a bunch of imperfections like some cheap glass jars I have seen. I don't can, it's just not something I am interest in. I bought a couple cases of the 4oz to be able to package my homemade skin treatments but they are also perfect for kid sized servings of yogurt, homemade applesauce, etc. And the 8oz ones are perfect for refrigerator oatmeal, storing my homemade apple butter, leftovers, etc. Glass is so much better for storing and heating leftovers in. I do wish that they would create prettier reusable one piece lids. Since I don't can, I prefer one piece lids. And while I do have the plastic one piece lids, they aren't very nice looking especially on such pretty quilted jars. Anyway, these are pretty (especially for gifting products in), sturdy, and functional. If you find them for a good price, grab them.
One person found this helpful
on May 22, 2013
I was looking for something small enough to put in my own DIY lotions and creams and this really fits the bill! Great product!
16 people found this helpful
on October 20, 2014
I bought these about 6 months ago (I think), and have used them for homemade beauty products.

Two of the jars were unusable (manufacturer defect- glass shards/string protruding in the middle of the jar). The ones that were useable were great and I have reused them several times while with great delight.

My big problem is the price. I wasn't really able to get out of the house and shop around when I first bought these, but looking at the price now that I have, I am surprised. You can get them elsewhere (at large stores, in the U.S.) for about $10/dozen. The price online seems really high, especially since 2 of them weren't useable. I guess the defect isn't super unusual, because I got 2 defective jars from another (Ball brand) set I bought at Wal-Mart; but for a much lower price, it's easier to swallow the loss.

I would buy these jars again. They're great for gifting all kinds of things, like body butter, jellies, sauces, rubs, etc. But I would drive to a store for this purchase, I think it's over priced online.
on October 2, 2013
While i usually use the 4 oz. jars for filling with sauces (my own sassies made without processed white sugar), some fruits and veggies call for a full cup size.

They look like the special gifts they are due to the effect of the allover crystal pattern. Raspberries are abundant in my neck of the woods so I normally put my gourmet raspberry creations into these half-pint jars. Another favorite item that calls for at least an 8 oz. jar is a spiced zucchini baking mix, so I have plenty of pretty filled crystal jars on my pantry shelves, inviting me to make lots of bread, cookies and spiced pies during the Winter and Spring.

A set of Ball jars makes a thoughtful gift for your favorite canner, or for yourself.
on February 3, 2013
These cups have dozens of uses. We originally bought them to "can" herb-infused honey for Christmas presents (I'll put a note about herb-infused honey below). The jars are great for this use because they seal perfectly and the "crystal" style makes them cute gifts. I am also planning on using them to make my own beeswax candles, and a friend uses them to make strawberry freezer jam for gifts.

A surprising and awesome use for our family is snack cups for my one and three year old daughters! They are perfect serving size and very durable. We limit the plastic and disposable products in our household, so these are perfect for kids' snacks!

Herb Infused Honey:
Simmer a bunch of herbs in raw honey for 20-30 minutes or mix herbs with raw honey and let it "steep" for a couple of weeks. We usually use 2-3 tablespoons of dried herbs per cup of honey. We made two batches: lavender-chamomile and sage. The sage can be used as cough syrup or to flavor savory dishes like pork tenderloin.
80 people found this helpful
|44 comments|Report abuse
on February 5, 2014
I bought these for a project for my son's teachers for Christmas in preschool and was very pleasantly surprised with the quality. First off they're very easy to the eye - the design makes them pretty instead of just like plain jars. They are heavy but I liked that because it makes it feel like you get what you paid for. I actually dropped one about 3 feet on to hard wood and it didn't even crack. There is also a spot to write on the outside which was good because we didn't want to have to do that on the design notches. Overall, we loved them and totally recommend!
|11 comment|Report abuse
on December 3, 2014
Sooooo these suck :( I really loved them at first, for making baby purée food (but I also bought the screw on lids separately) BUT every other time I would add a frozen cube of baby purée food and pop it in the microwave the glass would CRACK!!! out of the dozen I now only have ONE and I don't use them anymore! BUMMER !!
2 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on November 19, 2013
This little jars are wonderful. We travel a lot with a cooler, all the different plastic food holder always seemed to leak, zippy bags leaked, so started using the larger ball jars. They took up so much space in the cooler and were not full. These little jars hold just the right amount and fit so well in the cooler. No more wasted space, now we take a smaller cooler with us. When we get home if there are any left overs I don't have to move them into a plastic container, I just put the wee jar into the frig and clean up is done.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.