BCA Month Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition $79.99. Limited-time offer. All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

• Customer reviews

on July 26, 2015
The size is great for my needs, and although the box says that they are considered "REGULAR MOUTH", the jars are short enough and wide enough that it's easy to clean inside by hand. The lids seem to make a tight seal. They are the two-piece "canning" type lids, with a flat metal piece and a ribbed "band" piece, not a single one-piece lid. I tried putting some water inside one, hand tightening the lid, and then turning the jar upside down, shaking it around, etc, and no water leaked out.

The box says the product is "Freezer Safe" and "BPA FREE". I wanted to make sure the BPA part included the lid, so I called the number listed on the box (800.240.3340), and after holding for quite a while was able to speak with a representative. She confirmed that there is no BPA in the lid, and actually said that NONE of their products have BPA in them. Take that with a grain of salt maybe, but it seems like it'd be legally dangerous for them to say that if it wasn't true, so I'm inclined to believe it. I didn't ask about BPS (another apparently-dangerous chemical), but probably should have just in case. I'm not even sure off-hand if it's possible for non-plastic lids to have BPS in them.

Two minor suggestions to the manufacturer: 1) Offer the same product with one-piece lids 2) Sell them in smaller quantities - at least as low as 6 per box instead of a dozen
22 comments| 112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 24, 2015
These are so adorable! They are the perfect size for gifting small items, or making small air plant terrariums. The quilted etching/texture on the jar is really nice, and makes it look a bit fancier. They came in a well-packed box, all sealed in plastic with no damage.
review image
44 comments| 65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 2, 2016
These are great 4 oz (1/4 of a pint) BALL jars ready for canning. I've ordered 2 sets of these so far. First 2 cases arrived in perfect condition. Each case was wrapped in bubble wrap and then pillows were placed in the box to prevent movement; no breaks, cracks or chips. I ordered 2 more boxes (at an additional $4 per box), and had jars arrived broken, On the second order the 2 cases were just sat on top of each other with no bubble wrap. The box only had a few air pillows tossed in. So, its a great product but take into consideration that you may receive a broken jar or two. Are you willing to send the jars back and wait for replacement, or like me, need the jars immediately and decide to take the loss?
I can batches of peppers that we grow in these small jars. Its the right size for a weeks worth of peppers for my morning eggs, You would be surprised how many peppers fit in these jars once they are cut and seeded. I also can jam in these. Yes they are very small, but its perfect for a few servings when I am craving something different on my biscuits, and then nothing goes to waste. Also, these are a nice size for dried herbs, or other storage needs.
on May 2, 2016
I bought these to make small emergency candles for light, and mini stoves for Camping, or any Emergency situation, since I already Have about 10 pounds of Soy wax and 4 pounds of beeswax, all I really needed was something to put them in and wicks. These are the perfect size for small candles that burn a long time, and won't break my bank. when Shopping for small candles this size they were in the neighborhood of 5-10 dollars A PIECE.. which is just nuts.. so since I already make a lot of my own things, like soy tarts, bath and beauty products, and laundry soap.. decided it was time to make candles as well.. I love that these make it easy, compact, and are MUCH cheaper to make your own than to buy them. I might in the future use these to store herbs and spices since I have a Jar Vacuum, but for now.. They are perfect for beautiful emergency candles, or just beautiful candles to give as gifts.
on May 6, 2017
There is much discussion in the community about the best way to cure 420 flowers. I say never leave your flowers in plastic bags. They dry out and lose flavor. These jars are perfect for the job, they hold in moisture and flavor. You simply need to burp them occasionally to help cure your flowers perfectly.
on September 20, 2016
Unfortunately this order never arrived. The berries are long gone and winter is approaching--no canning jars. Note to self, go to town and buy your canning jars.
Got these along with the shaker lids to use with spices purchased in bulk. Ball jars are well made and durable, and I trust their products to perform well for whatever task I use them for, especially for canning and preserving. These arrived with everything needed to can/preserve or to use for storing any number of items. They aren't very big, though for storing things like pins or bobbins for sewing, or tacks or paperclips, they work well.
on August 28, 2016
We love Ball products. These are beautiful! The pattern makes he jelly or jam look so professional and I'm proud to give it as gifts to my neighbors and friends. We have a new jelly and jam maker and have been making a lot of that. This is the best deal I've seen on these sized jars and it's the pretty ones! Ball is one of only a few brands you can trust on canning, which is a very scientific process. Ball will seal and process correctly and you can be sure your food is not going to go bad!
on November 14, 2015
Would never purchase from this seller again. Jars arrived looking like they were in new packaging but had a strange and disgusting smell that couldn't be removed even with strenuous hand washing and probably 20 runs through the dishwasher. I wouldn't store anything in these jars and ended up throwing them all away because I feel they were tainted with some unknown chemical/sewage. Unreal, absolute waste of my money.
on June 26, 2016
Not bad but could be better. The quality of the glass is good but the lids are a bit weak and prone to damage. I received a lot there are dented or morphed out of shape. The other main reason I'm not happy is because the design on the lid is off. On many of the lids it is not centered and is skewed to one side and it looks very bad. These are meant to be used as gifts but now I feel bad giving them an ugly looking jar... I bought more than 300 of these and having to sort them out and do returns is a HUGE hassle in itself.

Cons:
- Weak/flimsy lid and covers
- Design on lid may be off to one side and look odd.

Pros:
- Good size
- Jar feels solid