Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

• Customer reviews

Showing 21-30 of 6,589 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 7,112 reviews
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon May 31, 2016
I use a ton of two-quart jars and have bought them on Amazon when I couldn't find them elsewhere. I use these to store bulk spices, rice, lentils, and tons of other foods. They're a very economical and sturdy alternative to glass storage contiainers. I vacuum pack them with my Foodsaver, which adds even more longevity to stored goods. These jars are awesome for keeping flours, nuts, etc., fresh, unpolluted by flavors from others foods, etc. (You can order these through Ace hardware for about $2 each in multiples of 6, with free shipping to your local Ace-affiliated store.)

These vacuumed very well with my Foodsaver and were a good size for my taller pantry and freezer shelves. I also use quart, pint and a half, pint, and 8 oz jars for smaller amounts, but just would be lost without this larger size. I know the foods and spices I stored in these jars will maintain their potency. In addition, since they're Ball canning jars, I know they'll hold up to vacuum pressure and last for years. Very happy with these!

For laser-printable, durable, water-proof label for spice jars (and anything else!), I found these labels to be the perfect fit:
Avery Weatherproof Laser Shipping Labels, 2" x 4", 500/Pack (5523)
This review is for the Ball Regular Mouth Elite Collection Half Pint Jars, Blue (4-Pack).

I purchased these jars at Walmart for canning at a comparable price to Amazon. These jars are absolutely beautiful. I used them in the pint-sized section of my Prepworks by Progressive Reversible Stainless Steel Canning Rack to can some jam. Because they are tall and narrow, they do tend to slip around on the canning rack so beware of that if using the same rack. What I really do not like is that once the jam is in the jar, the color of the jar gets lost. It made my peach jam look sickly and although the blueberry jam looked great, it did not look any better than in a clear jar. For this reason, I would not spend the extra money to buy these.

Note that I also purchased the Ball Jelly Elite Collection Jam Jar (4 Pack), 8 oz, Clear as well and love those jars and would purchase that version of the Elite collection but not these colored ones. In addition, I also purchased Ball Mason "PINT" Jars Wide-Mouth Can or Freeze - 12pk (by Jarden Home Brands), which I would purchase again. I love the wide mouth version the best because they can be put in the freezer. In addition, I purchased a dozen Kerr Wide Mouth Half-Pint Mason Jars from Walmart which are similar to the Ball Wide-Mouth Jars in that they can be used for freezing. I also love those.
on January 10, 2016
I love these jars so much. They are my favorite for packaging my homemade Fleur De Sel Caramel Sauce.
review image
on March 18, 2016
3 of my jars were unsealed. That is not a shipping issue. At all. 1 jar's lid is completely scrunched up, see picture, which is also not a shipping issue. It was still almost screwed on with a bad lid. I have already used one jar so I cannot see anyway for me to return anything. I do like the size of the jars and they will work to hold overnight oats in and such as I have begun food prepping and that's why I bought these jars. I can sterilize the unsealed jars without an issue, but I will not be able to use the jar that was clearly damaged before shipping.
review image review image review image
on January 21, 2017
In my opinion this size jar is perfection. I don't see it often in stores so I was very happy to locate them here on Amazon.

These are tall like larger jars, but narrower like a standard jar. I initially bought these for sprouting and used the wide mouth screw on tops, then tilted them to drain in either a wine rack or dish drainer. Works very well!

Then I started using these as drinking glasses because they were handy and I i have screw on to go lids that fit these. I usually have at least one shake a day and oftentimes most kitchen glasses are too small or just barely tall enough to mix, but if I move the hand blender at all I have a mess. These are perfect because even if I want a lot of liquid in my drink, I never blend over the top. They are also easy to clean because they are wide enough I can scrub the inside with my hand if necessary (which does a much better job than any bottle brush I've ever used).

I've started using these to store other things like flour, sugar, dry beans, etc... Partially because it looks nice, I trust the seal and glass for preservation over any plastic bag, and they fit so well in my cupboards.

If you can't tell, these are my favorite jars ever!
on July 16, 2016
These jars are terrific and so handy! I use them as containers for leftovers (they don't stain when you put spaghetti sauce in them like plastic containers do) as well as for storing dry goods. One of my favorite things is using them to mix up natural peanut butter. Take the peanut butter out of the original jar, and put it in one of these. Using a stick blender (I use the whisk attachment on this one: Hamilton Beach 59765 2 Speed Hand Blender ) mix it up, then pop on a lid and store it that way [note: you don't need to refrigerate the peanut butter if you're using it in a reasonable amount of time - we go through a lot of peanut butter]. I use these lids: Ball Wide-Mouth Plastic Storage Caps, 8-Count in place of the metal caps and rings that come with it because it's easier to get into. This was a terrific purchase.
on September 2, 2016
Our 10-piece drinking glass set didn't last very long, thanks to clumsy ol' me. Several cups were broken, others went missing, and who knows what happened to the rest of them. Anyway, one day I went to grab a cup from the cabinet and realized that they were all gone. All that I had left in there was one of these jars that someone had given me when they wanted me to try a homemade pickle (the jar had been cleaned since then, of course). I filled the jar with fresh, filtered water and I was blown away. The difference between drinking out of a regular ol' cup versus a mason jar is remarkable. There is nothing, and I mean *nothing,* that compares to the crisp, clean taste of filtered water out of a wide-mouth jar. Now, I just pop a lid on and carry my filtered water with me wherever I go.

When people see me drinking my water out of a mason jar, they always do a double-take; "That's not moonshine, is it?" Nope. Just good ol' fashioned water. I have had two people ask me if they could have a jar to take home—and being the hospitable person that I am, of course I told them yes. This is my second time purchasing these jars.

If you're not keen on using these jars as cups then rest assured that you can use them for canning, crafts, and even storing layered salads for lunch.

These jars are durable, easy to handle, and 12 of them fit perfectly into my cup cabinet. The mouths are wide, so I can get my hand inside to clean them (unlike the narrow mouth jars; I have to use a bottle brush for those).

Highly recommended and I know I'll be buying them again about a year or two from now.
on August 7, 2015
Covers rusted at first dishwasher wash ?
review image
on March 29, 2017
One of my best purchases on Amazon to date - $9 for a 12 pack of Wide-Mouth, Glass, Freezable Mason jars.

I had been wanting to part with plastic for a looooong time but was holding out because I couldn't find high quality glass jars that were ALSO freezer-friendly. I believe I caught this product listing on an amazing sale because the price does seem to fluctuate, but considering they are pretty hard to find, I would recommend you purchase from this seller if they are in stock.

I now have a lifetime supply of freezable Mason jars for meal prepping. I am extremely satisfied with this purchase.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon September 30, 2016
The Blue Ball Wide Mouth Elite Collection Quart Jars (4 Pack) are perfect for my needs. I use them to make kefir. The Ball Wide-Mouth Plastic Storage Caps, 8-Count are perfect lids for this purpose. The white lids on the blue jars are attractive and that's important to me since the kefir sits out on the counter while it ferments. The plastic is safe for kefir.

The jars have nice thick walls. The wide mouth makes it easy to transfer from the jar and clean up after.