Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Ballistic (HC) Hard Core Case with Holster for HTC EVO 3D (Black/Black) - Bulk Packaging
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now STEM

on July 3, 2012
Im a US Marine with the most combat-strained job the military has to offer. So i've punished quite a few electronics devices in my day. Nothing ever seemed to hold up. Cases offered very little protection even. But this case right is the Incredible Hulk of phone cases! I've dropped it, Its been slammed during training, survived the blast wave created by the explosives we use, handled water with no problem when I got rained on (i keep the rubber seal on), and so far, has survived everything i've put it through! Its already outperformed every case i've ever owned previously and I cant thank Ballistic enough for producing such a quality product that protects my investment in even the most harsh conditions!

I dont care about screen resolutions or whatever. I dont expect my phone to reflect the same quality my tv screen does. to So the protective screen doesnt bother me.

The clip on the case rotates so it allows me to be flexible when training or in civilian clothing. The case IS bulky, but I didnt buy it for cosmetic fashion purposes. This thing is an animal and if it was $100, i'd STILL buy it. Its worth every penny
on April 26, 2012
I feel like I could throw my phone out the window of a moving car. It's very nicely built, fits and feels good and I love the fact that it has an optional removable outer layer. Without that layer I still feel like I could throw my phone on the ground and it would be perfect. My buttons and screen seem to respond BETTER with the case. My only complaints are that it was slightly difficult to put together and remove, and the built in screen protector makes the screen look more fuzzy than my otter box.
on July 12, 2012
I was using the otterbox defender for a while, it is also a good case but i was hearing quite a few good remarks about the ballistic so id thought id give it a try. The main differences between the two are that; the otterbox has a slightly slimmer profile then the ballistic when the extra (optional) layer of protection is on it, the ballistic case covers every thing on the phone unlike the otterbox which left a few things open to dust and water. The ballistic case has a slightly wider screen protector and i don't find my self really having to try as hard to hit letter on the side of the keypad, also this may just be me but i find the screen protector on the ballistic to be more accurate when typing then the otterbox's. Some people have reported a fuzzy look to the screen with the ballistic case but i haven't noticed that on mine. Over all both cases will protect your phone better than any other but i think the ballistic goes the extra step by covering all speakers and that is why it is on my phone instead of the otterbox.

There is no effect to pictures or sound due to the coverings from the case.

the HTC EVO V 4g and the HTC EVO 3D are the same phone, any thing that fits one will fit the other.

I would recommend the ballistic in a heart beat.
on June 9, 2012
I've been familiar with Ballistic cases before and I must say that it offers the best protection that anyone could ask for. Skins, slim cases, etc are good for cosmetic looks and light protection, but if you're looking for serious insurance on your Evo 3d, there's nothing that compares.

Pros:
- Durable
- Looks Badass
- Kickstand
- 5 Layer Protection
- Solid Holster

Cons:
- Some may find it too bulky for them, it WON'T fit in any pocket - Works for me because I prefer the holster
- Built in screen protector is a little hazy and has a unpleasant feel - I peeled mine off after a while
on August 15, 2015
strong case. has survived many many falls - I'm clumsy so I always get a case that will allow my phone to survive. Only downside is that it is a little challenging to take off if you need to do anything with your card/battery.
on August 29, 2012
I do love this case. It is definitely offers the most protection you can get for your phone. This does make the phone look bulky and it has been mistaken for a tape recorder before? I do not mind the size, in fact it makes it easier to grip while talking (the indents on the sides of the silicone case are made for your fingers).

It has slipped twice off my desk onto the hard floor with no damage. This case is pretty much made for going to war! And I love it.

So why 4 out of 5?
There were a couple of places where the hard case had imperfections/dents... almost as if it had been used and dropped before (but I doubt it was used). With the silicone cover on, you cannot see these, and it does not affect the integrity of the case in any way, so it does not bother me. The silicone has covers for the speaker jack, power input, and camera button/3d toggle, so I always have it on. I believe this is an older model of the Ballistic HC, because now the ones featured on their official site have these covers integrated into the hard case... so you do not have to have the silicone cover installed to protect the ports and jacks from collecting dust. I probably would have paid the $20 extra for one of those if I had known about it beforehand.
on March 20, 2013
I've had this case for almost a year now. other than a couple of loose pieces of rubber loose on the case, it's just as durable as when i bought it. i've dropped it a bunch of times, thrown it down and against walls and my phone still looks good as new. I got it the day after i bought my phone. a little maintenance is required for the screen protector and camera holes but other than that, it's a great case. Highly recommended
on July 2, 2012
I did a lot of research on available phone cases for my HTC Evo V 4G (aka HTC Evo 3d same phone).
I was looking for protection and quality. I knew that ultimately the case was going to be large. So if a small case is what you want, this is NOT it, it is big, but honestly, it still feels very comfortable to hold, and with the removable outer silicone layer, I can run "lean" on size and still feel comfortable about the safety of my phone.

I originally was up in the air between the Ballistic HC and the Otterbox Defender Series. Both cases had a lot of positive feedback, both cases had some concerns.

Ultimately I felt that the biggest gripes against the Ballistic were the lesser of evils. First complaint, the case was too big. Well, honestly, I don't think it's that bad, but it is big, but I got a hands on with the Defender and while it was a little less "thick" if actually felt just as big, but at least you can go without the silicone on the Ballistic.

Next, the kickstand issue. Well, I did not get to try the one on the Otterbox, but the one on the Ballistic works just fine. The best part is that it is the ONLY one that is designed as a "reattachable breakaway" meaning that sure it "might" pop off slightly easier under stress, but it also reattaches VERY easily. Once you break any of the others, I am pretty sure you're done, and it's not going back on.

The last common complaint was the screen protector. I knew the Ballistic's screen protector had a few more negative reviews on it, the complaints all focused on clarity, and they were all spot on.
The screen protector as far as protection goes, is actually pretty durable, but the anti-reflective coating was disappointing, and the screen blurred the phone's screen far more than I'd say was acceptable.

For me the screen clarity was of paramount importance, especially since I've got a phone that has a beautiful screen, I want to see it, clearly. Besides, I use a Zagg Invisible Shield on my phones normally anyway.
Therefore, going into buying this case I knew I would be dealing with removing the screen protector (I would have on the Otterbox as well for the record)and that's exactly what I did. I carefully cut away the screen part leaving the protection behind for the front facing camera, the proximity sensor, notification light and the front speaker. It came out perfect. I suppose if you don't mind exposing these things, then sure you could just peel the screen out from behind without damaging the case at all.

As far as packaging goes, the bulk packaging had me slightly worried, but everything showed up intact and in great condition. The only exception was the "Ballistic" decal that came with the kit, it had a little curl from getting bent a bit. No biggie, I gave it to the kids anyway.

The case holster works perfect as well. However, I don't know if the clip is supposed to rotate or not, it's really tight and honestly I'm afraid to try, but it's irrelevant, it holds the phone just fine. I have a longevity concern as they've opted to use a plastic "spring" clip in the holster. I grant you that it is a rather "beefy" one and looks as though it should hold up for some time and mild abuse. We'll see.

So, overall, I am really happy with this case. Oh, and it looks pretty bada$$ too, I feel like I'm using a piece of special tactical equipment with this case :P
on June 13, 2012
This case fit perfect and looks great. Very durable and no need to buy a screen protector it already comes with the case. Only things I wasn't happy with is the screen protector make the images fuzzy and the display stand feels a bit cheap and breakable. If your worried about Virgins HTC V 4g this case fits it.
on August 22, 2012
This case is more than I really need or want to protect my phone, but given that this was almost the same price as their next-less-protective case, I purchased this (thinking I might actually want to use all of the layers of protection at some point). This case is very sturdy; I only use the innermost layer of protection, but I would bet I could run over my phone in the full package and not hurt it. The inner plastic case is a little tough to snap together and even tougher to open back up again, but I think that's a fair price for the protection it offers--I sure don't want it to pop open if I do happen to drop my phone. The outer rubber case is a little too large for me for daily use (I carry my phone in my pocket) but I do use it on rare occasions when carrying my phone in a bag, etc. I haven't used the holster and probably won't, but it appears to be sturdy and looks like it would hold the phone securely. I gave the product 4 stars instead of 5 for the packaging, or lack thereof. I don't mind the bulk packaging, but no documentation of any kind was included--I had to search online for instructions for putting the case together and especially for taking it apart again.