|Screen Size||7.9 inches|
Ballistic LS1046-M985 Smooth Series Case for Apple iPad Mini 1st/2nd/3rd Generation with Retina Display - Purple
|Price:||$9.99 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Made of durable TPU
- Lay-on-table feature: ensures your screen won't touch the surface of a table when laid flat
- Interchangeable/customizable Ballistic Corners
- Includes a total of 16 bumpers
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
This case is easy to take off and put on & does no damage to in the process. I even have a DecalGirl sticker on the back of my mini and this case still fits easily (but isn't loose at all). I've had no problem operating any of the iPad's buttons, camera, or other ports so the cutouts, etc. have worked out fine.
I was kind of hoping it would be a little softer to the touch but I guess if you get a case that's too rubbery lots of lint & other junk stick to it making it hard to keep clean. This case doesn't have that problem - lint, etc. comes right off with a wipe or even simply blowing on it.
Overall a decent case that does what it's supposed to do.
When it arrived, we were not disappointed. The case is sturdy, and even adds extra bumpers on the 4 corners. Most important to us is that it adds a raised edge for the screen, and the camera in the back. That way scratches can be avoided - even if the kids lay the device screen-side down.
The case fits perfectly. All ports, speakers, mics, and camera are accessible. The headphone jack permits all of the headphones I tried - included L shaped plugs.
On the downside, no included screen protector. Come on, case makers. Include them!
The case is a little too smooth. It has ridges on the bottom half to help with grip, but I typically hold the device higher up. And there are no ridges there. I also think the ridges would have been better served being vertical.
The case does have a cut out specific to the new iPad mini with Retina - it has a mic on the back panel. I wish it didn't have that cut out for the 1st generation iPad mini, but it's not that big of a deal.
And lastly, the bottom edge of the case (around the speakers and lightning port), is a little loose. Overall, the case is rigid, but in that location, it feels weak. I believe it is due to Ballistic wanting the case to be accessible to a variety of docks, but they could have run a strip from front to back in between the speaker and port. Maybe even a snap on piece, so those with docks could remove it if desired.
In any event, it is a great case, and we imagine it will serve us well. Of course, we don't want to toss the device around to really put the case to the test.
However, when I received the item, it had 2 major flaws.
1) The case has a cut-out at the bottom to allow access to the port and speakers. Along the front of the case, there is only a thin piece of material, while the back runs continuous to the back of the case. This thin front piece of material was not only flimsy, but it actually didn't conform to the shape of the iPad. This piece of plastic will most probably break in short order, leaving the bottom of the iPad exposed. This is unacceptable to me. On the iPhone, the same design doesn't affect the case, because the piece of plastic is so short that it doesn't even move. But on the iPad mini, it's just this wavy plastic bit waiting to break.
2) The case fits around the iPad mini Retina EXTREMELY tightly. I assume it's because this case was designed for the original iPad mini, which is just a tad thinner than the Retina version. It has the appropriate microphone cut-outs for the Retina version. But it was so tight, that it actually pulled up my screen protector on the bottom corners. Another deal-killer for me. If you have a glass screen protector on your iPad (either version), I would doubt that this would fit.
So all in all, I like the materials, the overall look, and the Ballistic case on my iPhone is superior quality and protection. However, in this version, the design just doesn't work. I'm returning mine. End of story.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Didn't fit properly. Had to heat it with a lighter to get the power button to work right.Published 2 months ago by Kevin
This case has protected my iPad mini for years now. I have dropped my iPad many times and it has always been protected and never damaged. Smart buy!Published 5 months ago by BennyB
My daughter loves this case! The coolest thing is that it comes with addition colored corner pieces so you can customize the look of the case.Published 6 months ago by Savvy Shopper 79