- Product Dimensions: 3.5 x 3 x 7.8 inches ; 1.1 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 1.1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- ASIN: B001O2L80E
- Item model number: 120076
- Average Customer Review: 485 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #17,622 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors)
- Material Feature: Biodegradable Warning
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $5.04 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Ballistol 120076 Non-Aerosol 16oz Eco Friendly Multi-Purpose Lubricant Cleaner
|Price:||$17.94 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details|
|You Save:||$5.81 (24%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 16 oz. Non-Aerosol Can
- Perfect for lubricating and protecting firearms and just about anything else
- Preserves and protects metal, wood, leather and plastics
- Biodegradable; won't harm the environment
- Slightly alkaline in nature; neutralizes the effect of sweat and skin oils
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
One of the most astonishing features of Ballistol is its versatility. There are other products on the market, but none have the same wide range of applications and capabilities as Ballistol. Ballistol can be used to lubricate, penetrate, clean, protect, and preserve firearms, leather, knives, marine equipment, fishing gear, tools, locks, wood, metal, rubber, and so much more.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
This large package is cheapest per oz of fluid, and if you are witty as I am - take the cap from the rubbing alcohol bottle that you are done with and put it on ballistol. Presto! now you have a nifty cap to open, dispense a drop on your patch and go to town cleaning!!!
On plastics it brightens the finish and hides fine scratches. I say "hide" because that is what a wax would do. It just fills in the grooves and tricks the eye into thinking the scratches are removed. This stuff works on leather and I have applied it on my leather shoes. The shine is amazing and very easy to wipe clean after this stuff dries. I have also used Ballistol to clean and lubricate my firearms. This is actually the main reason why I purchased this liquid for.
The one important thing you should know about Ballistol is that it also makes cleaning very easy. A simple wipe down after it is applied and dried is basically all it takes. Ballistol may be more expensive than a lot of people will prefer, but I would swear by it and apply it to almost everything. Give this stuff a try and when you are applying this stuff to everything like I have put that smirk on your face and remember who told you so!!!
The Ballistol OTOH has less of a solvent smell, but still stinks. Not the product, the small of the product. :) It's not a solvent like smell, much more similar to driving next to a large hog farm on a hot summer day. Even still, it does a real nice job of cleaning and lubricating.
Let me give you THE TRUTH:
* This does NOT work as well as the toxic, nasty, smelly gun solvents that destroy your skin. It just doesn't.
* That being said, its far better than those products as it is non-toxic, didn't give me a headache, and actually made my hands feel smooth and moisturized after using it.
* Smells exactly like black licorice, which is why a large portion of people hate the smell. Personally i like black licorice, and the smell pleases me. Smells WAY better than a nasty toxic solvent like Hoppes.
I will be using this from now on.
Ballistol ("Ballistic" + "Oil") was invented by a German chemist at the turn of the 20th century for the German army to clean, lube, and protect mechanical/metal parts, woods, and leather. That's one of its great strengths: You can use it on darn near anything (except suede) and it will lube and protect it. Yep, wood, leather, metal, even most plastic. And as a huge bonus, its biodegradable, non-toxic to the environment, and safe to the touch. Pretty much, as long as you don't drink it or pour it in your eyeball you're good to go.
I could previously say I used Ballistol mainly to clean and lube firearms (which it works fantastic for, by the way), but having experience with it for a long while now, I use it all the time on almost everything. I'm constantly finding great uses for it -- uses that make positive practical impact on whatever I'm using it on. The stuff is just great.
Just a quick sidenote on using Ballistol on firearms: You don't really need ANYTHING else...I mean nada. It cleans, lubricates, and protects, all in one pop. You can chuck the variety of solvents and lubes and get the task done faster and better with Ballistol.
Also, I recommend getting the non-aerosolized version because you can simply get a common spray bottle trigger head from anywhere and then you have the option of spray or pour.
Like I said, some things just work, period, and Ballistol has become a staple product around my home. I absolutely recommend it.
Edit: Several people have asked about the smell. That's not exactly a trick question but requires a brief explanation. The compound itself is pungent, no doubt about it. Whether it "stinks" or not depends a lot on personal opinion, but its definitely a strong smell that lingers in the room if you use lots of it (for example, soaking components and heavy cleaning/lube of firearms that need extra heavy duty attention). BUT...in terms of regular cleaning and normal maintenance and use, the smell is not an issue and fades completely within a couple of hours or so. The bottom line: the smell will not impede your use of Ballsitol and poses no issues significant enough to affect your decision to use it or not use it.
Most recent customer reviews
This is fantastic stuff! I am glad I learned that exists and happier yet that I bought it.Read more