Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch $5 Digital Albums PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 34 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 39 reviews
on July 21, 2014
Best I've seen for beginning dancers. Posture and frame are discussed, and shows how each move taught can transfer to other dances, like Foxtrot or Rumba just by changing rhythm. Good body mechanics ands shows footwork and foot placement. You can learn a lot and review good technique.
on February 24, 2015
For persons who want to start or review basic dancing this DVD works. Anybody watching it will easily learn the basic steps and be able to get out on the dance floor. If in any way you are intimidated by dancing because you don't feel up to "Dancing with the Stars" you and your partner will be on the dance floor with confidence after even just an hour of practice.
on February 6, 2014
This instructional DVD was great for me and my dance partner. We enjoyed the lesson conversation and easy explanation's of the steps and how to put it all together. I did read what others said about other DVD's before I chose one. I think I made the perfect choice. I plan to purchase a more advanced DVD as I progress, and will look for Melanie LaPatin's again.
on April 5, 2013
Gives you the basic steps but doesn't reallly treach you any dances. I am taking dance lessons and thought it might augment them but it did not.
on February 4, 2015
Easy to follow the program. Well directed, instructions are clear.
on October 31, 2011
At the ripe old age of 42, I am young enough to remember my college summers going to the free MidSummer Night Swing events at Lincoln Center where I learned the basics of salsa right in front of Celia Cruz. I'm also old enough now to have a couple of joint replacements and to not know half of the "stars" on Dancing With the Stars. One thing has never changed, I love dance - whether just watching on a "bad day" or participating on a good day. For a wedding anniversary several years ago I was lucky enough to have a private dance lesson taught by Melanie LaPatin at a studio in NYC; she is extremely personable; knows not only how to dance but also how to *teach*! Tony Meredith is equally effective in demonstrating the male partner's steps.

The dance moves are demonstrated clearly and slowly from several different angles without music in the beginning which is great to have less distraction while you're taking your first steps; the moves are demonstrated separately for the male and female parts which is helpful for a true beginner and learning solo. Takes you through correct posture and holds to the basic box step to putting it all together in the Foxtrot, Rumba and others. The music CD included for practicing is a nice bonus.

I'll admit the dialog sometimes reminds me a bit of an infomercial - a lot of "It's soooo easy!!!! Now wasn't that easy!?!?".... applause.... it would probably all seem a bit saccharine but somehow comes off as kitschy fun when delivered by Melanie and Tony - gotta love them!

Recommended for beginners.
on May 12, 2013
I like it. It is great for people who want to start from ABC. It is so encouraging for beginners
on February 6, 2012
I'm teaching my new gentleman friend how to dance and this DVD has been a very easy to follow tutorial. It has been very well done and we are thoroughly enjoying it!
on August 12, 2015
We had a lot of fun with this tape. It was easy to understand the follow the dancers moves.
on January 11, 2014
I loved the square box explanations. I recomend it. I bought it used but I got it like a new one.