Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Doppler $139.99 All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis dm3 Shop Now toystl17_gno_dm3

Showing 1-10 of 629 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 665 reviews
on April 19, 2016
Me and my husband love sushi and really wanted to make some at home! These mats were awesome! We used saran wrap on top before we rolled to keep the mats clean and they worked wonderfully! I'm so excited we have them now can't wait to make more sushi!
review image
Perfect! Nice quality. Recommend.

Rice pandas are super popular with the kids. OrangeTag New Bento Accessories Rice Ball Mold Mould with Nori Punch Sushi Panda ...

These are really nice nori sheets. ONE ORGANIC Sushi Nori Premium Roasted Organic Seaweed (50 Full Sheets) - 2 Packs

Inexpensive caviar makes a fun garnish. Plaza Premium Amazon Quality Lumpfish Caviar, Red, 3.5 Ounce

And these socks are awesome because. :) Socksmith Sushi Socks Black 9-11 Black
review image review image review image
on July 14, 2015
I ordered one regular mat and one green mat so I could have the diversity. My shipment only came with one of the utensils. I contacted the supplier and they sent me the missing utensil within a week which I really appreciate.

I've been suing this set for about 7 months now for sushi making and I love it. I do recommend using plastic wrap if you are in a rush or don't want to wait to clean up. Otherwise, I just soak mine in hot water for about five minutes and clean it. I've made tons of sushi using it, just make sure to press down evenly and with decent pressure when rolling so it will stay rolled when you let the mat go. I've even made non traditional sushi, using ham and bacon!
on June 12, 2016
I was surprised. I saw these things on Korean Drama's i watch. So i got one. I can make egg rolls perfectly. the soft wispy fragile paper you roll into eggrolls as the outer crispy shell can be compressed in the roller.. as the compression is equal due to the bamboo matt you can roll these things nice and tight. lay out the paper on the bamboo mat...oil or butter the paper, drop in some rice, hamburger,shrimp, cheese, lettuce , hot sauce, spice whatever you want. ROll it half way... fold over the sides (to seal the ends) then roll it the rest of the way.. toss it on a baking pan.. in the toaster oven or oven for 20 min.. and wow. I just cannot do this without these bamboo mats!.. I'm very very happy with this product. happiness vs cost ratio is fantastically high on this product. I love it and use it! 5x stars for this purchase. You can also do it the korean way with some dried seaweed for paper.. rice and other stuff.. healthy as heck !
on April 8, 2016
Not too much to review. When you first open it, the entire package smells vinegary. Nothing a quick rinse won't get rid of.

The bamboo utensils are pretty good quality. We use the roller mats inside of ziplock bags, so in the event that some of our sushi filling comes out, it's easy to wipe off or swap out to keep a clean work surface.

There are two options for rolling mats; one that is thinner and may be better served rolling thinner rolls or rolls with more delicate wrappings, and then the thicker and heavier duty green bamboo roller, which might be better served rolling a beefier California roll.

Either way, it's a really great value and a great option when you want to learn how to roll Sushi with a friend or loved one.
on June 5, 2017
I didn't find the utensils to be that great, but I have a plastic rice paddle that came with my rice cooker that is much better.
I love the green mat! It is smooth and flat, so rice doesn't stick to it. The tan one is rounder and feels unfinished, so rice occasionally sticks to it. They are easy to use, though, and you can easily incorporate saran wrap into the rolling process to prevent rice from sticking to the tan mat.

Overall, I'd recommend. The green mat alone was worth the price, and it is nice to have a second roller on hand if you ever plan to make sushi with friends or family.
on March 30, 2016
My husband and I wanted to explore the world of sushi rolling, so we bought this kit. It's economically priced which was good for we inexperienced sushi chefs. The items were exactly as pictured on the product page, with two mats and the wooden tools. Everything it lightweight and seems like it would last if properly taken care of. We haven't put it to the test yet, but overall we are happy with the purchase. It's a nice little starter kit for anyone who wants to try but doesn't want to commit just yet.
on April 10, 2016
These are simple kitchen tools, at a great low price. I'm all for simplicity. I never made sushi type dishes before, so this is from a beginner's standpoint. Mine don't look so neat and tidy yet, but they will get there! Just a little more practice and mine will be looking just fine... I chose the pack with two rolling mats... because I didn't know any better. I thought maybe some people preferred one over the other. One looked like the 'reeds' were more flat (the greenish one), and the other one looked like they were more rounded. Thinking maybe it was just a personal thing, I got the two pack to see which mat I would prefer. Turns out-- I don't think there's a difference at all. I just have two mats now. They roll the same... duh, eh? Live and learn. If you're new to sushi making too, you can just go with the single mat if you'd like. I don't think it matters. Just make some and enjoy it!
on January 30, 2016
Making sushi at home is easier than one would think. They key is in the rice recipe, they have several good recipes on the internet. My sushi turned out good using this mat. I recommend putting the mat inside a large zip lock bag to make clean up easier. There are so many ingredients to choose from but over-stuffing will make it harder to roll. ;)
on February 15, 2017
I actually bought this as a photo prop (the mats not the spoons) and they are very high quality for the price and I'm quite happy. I didn't know what to expect for such a low price and to get 2 colors of the mat was a great deal for me. I use them to photograph clear crystals so that they aren't on a plain white background. They fit perfectly inside my photo box. I can't speak to their effectiveness for sushi because I don't like sushi but the mats are durable, seem well-constructed and that they won't just fall apart after a couple uses. I would definitely recommend this product.