bamboobee - Bamboo DIY Bike Bicycle Frame Kit - Build It Yourself Bike Kit
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- ► Build Up From Scratch: The Bamboobee BIY Bike Kit aims to provide you with the joy of cycling and the satisfaction of building your own bicycle from scratch.
- ► Build It Up Yourself: You don’t need to have engineering expertise or sophisticated machinery to build your own bicycle frame. All you need are some simple tools and you can build it without breaking a sweat!
- ► Available Size: Small 67 Inches (170 cm) Below ; Medium 67.1 - 70.9 Inches (171 -181 cm) ; Large 71 Inches (181 cm) Above
- ► Weight and Dimensions: The DIY Bicycle has Weight 9 kg | Dimensions 71 x 20 x 15 cm
- ► Smooth and Stable Ride: Because of bamboo's tendency to grow straight, it does not exhibit "knots" and "turns" in its wood, unlike other types of wood which, in turn, provides for a smoother ride and increased stability on rough terrain.
Customers also viewed these products
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
About The KitBamboobee Bamboo Bike Frame Kit - Build It Yourself Bamboo Bike Kit
The Bamboobee BIY Bike Kit aims to provide you with the joy of cycling and the satisfaction of building your own bicycle from scratch.
You don’t need to have engineering expertise or sophisticated machinery to build your own bicycle frame. The best build it yourself bike frame kit you can build it yourself without needing a welding setup and without engineering knowledge. All you need are some simple tools and you can build it without breaking a sweat!
- 1 set of bamboo bike frame kit.
- 25 meters of hemp fiber.
- One-time usage frame jig.
- 6 bamboo bicycle-cable holders.
- 1 set of stainless steel (304) dropouts (127 mm apart on jig).
- 1 set of aluminium (6061 – T4) head tube, 2.67 inches (68mm) BSA bottom bracket and aluminium (6061 – T4 ) 1 inch (25.4 mm) seat tube.
- 1 pen file.
- 1 set of reinforced metal wire.
- 1 roll of transparent roll.
- 1 instructional manual
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO PREPARE BEFORE BUILDING
Due to new shipping legislation, a special permit is needed to transport solution-based material. For this reason, please purchase epoxy from your local store. Depending on the instructions on the box, the mix for each epoxy will differ.
Smooth and Stable Ride: Several aspects of bamboo are extremely valuable to cyclists: high strength-to-weight ratio, vibration control,
and sustainable growth.
Because of bamboo's tendency to grow straight, it does not exhibit "knots" and "turns" in its wood, unlike other types of wood.
This tendency also allows for excellent vibration control, which, in turn, provides for a smoother ride and increased stability on rough terrain.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Package Dimensions : 27.56 x 23.62 x 3.94 inches; 19.84 Pounds
- Date First Available : August 3, 2015
- Manufacturer : Bamboobee
- ASIN : B013DGRV90
Best Sellers Rank:
#1,645,815 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors)
- #214 in Bike Frames
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
There were a few issues with broken tubes when I opened the box but the reason that I am giving it 5 STARS still is because I emailed them a picture of the parts and ask what the next step was, and they emailed me back within an hour saying they had just sent replacement parts. Great customer service.
The only other issue was low quality directions (think IKEA but less pictures) but there were plenty of videos on their website about how to do it. Would've liked better descriptions of wrapping the tubes properly, but easy enough to figure out if you're even remotely DIY inclined.
Haven't decided if I'm going to use it as an actual bike, or a piece of art. I stained mine to make a richer color.