Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

• Customer reviews

Showing 1-10 of 37 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 42 reviews
on January 7, 2013
As a student who doesn't have a lot of free time yet enjoys fine cooking, selecting a blender became a big dilemma. Though products like the Vitamix produce fantastic smoothies and soups, they require transferring between containers and are loud, noisy, and expensive. Make no mistake, an immersion blender is NOT a replacement for a professional standalone blender. If you want to make peanut butter, grind grains, or large quantities of smoothies obviously a Vitamix will be the appropriate choice.

Ignore the reviewer that gave this blender a low rating because it cannot whip egg whites. The trick is to use room temperature eggs. Using the whisk attachment, you get massive volume in seconds. Additionally, you'll want to use a narrow vessel. A $5 Stainless steel milkshake cup is invaluable in this regard.

Let me address some questions you might have in considering a Bamix.

Which one do I get?
There are a ton of different Bamix models. Ultimately, the differences boil down to stem length, attachments, and power. In my opinion, the Gastro Pro Bamixes are the best ones to get because the longer stem allows you to do your blending without ever getting the actual blender dirty. There are two variants of the Gastro Pro: the 200W and 350W models. To be honest, the 200W model is perfect unless you find yourself making peanut butter on a daily basis (and in that case, you might as well get a Vitamix).

Is it worth the $140+? How does it compare to the $50-$100 Immersion Blenders?
ABSOLUTELY. To start off, the build quality is fantastic. It's made of very thick high quality plastic, the shaft is extremely solid, and everything fits together with very tight tolerances. The unit runs quietly (this thing is quieter than a microwave even at the highest speed) despite being very powerful. The cheap units are noisy and struggle to blend hard vegetables/fruits, often requiring one to pump the unit up and down. Since the bamix has an open cage design, the blades suck in everything allowing you to blend without fuss without damaging your expensive cookware (JUST MAKE SURE TO PUSH THE BLADE IN ALL THE WAY!!). You really do get your money's worth.

What can I do with it?
I use it to make smoothies every morning, and it takes me maybe 10 seconds to get a perfectly creamy consistency. I simply fill a stainless steel milkshake cup with frozen berries, a banana, protein powder, and some almond milk and blend. No fuss. The 200W model is powerful enough to create sorbet from frozen berries with no liquid added and make snow from ice.

When making soups, you can use it right in the pot. Need to make aioli? Simply add eggs, lemon juice, oil, and garlic. Within seconds you'll have perfect garlic mayo. This model comes with a whisk, aerator, and an all-purose. To be honest, I prefer to mince garlic/chop vegetables by hand but if you really want to use your Bamix for that there's an S-shaped blade they sell that will take care of mincing vegetables.

Should I buy it?
If you're even deliberating, buy it. You'll regret going with a cheaper alternative because I have yet to see anything else (with the exception of commercial grade warring immersion blenders) offer this kind of handheld power, silence, and build quality. The fact that the smoothies I make with this rival the creaminess of a Vitamix should tell you how amazing this device is.
11 comment| 98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 18, 2013
My buddy and I like to hang out and cook for our wives and he recommended this because he's a serious gadget freak. I wasn't really sure I'd use it all that often, since I usually do things by hand with whisks and so forth. Not really into gadgets and tools as much as he is, but I have to say this thing is just amazing. Not really sure how it compares to other stick blenders on the market, but I've whipped up everything from dressings and marinades, to batters, to homemade mayo, to whipped cream in under 30 seconds. It's almost disappointing how fast the Bamix gets the job done. Mine came with the chopper blade and the vented disc. I also have the little chopper bowl (sold separately I think) and one of the beakers, which gets used all the time for liquid type things (sauces, marinades, etc.) I'd say the biggest advantage is being able to puree soups and that sort of thing without having to move hot liquid to a blender and back, making a huge mess in the process. Just be careful to make sure you attach the blade properly. There is a little nipple on the stick blender and a notch on the blade, so make sure they line up. I didn't do this and as a result, the blade stuck out beyond the protective prongs at the bottom of the stick blender and nicked up the bottom of my enameled pot. I only made that mistake once and learned my lesson.
on December 4, 2012
I've only had it for a few days. What I've noted so far:
-It makes beautiful, emulsified mayonnaise in 2-3 seconds- even if I double the batch (eggs MUST be room temperature!).
-It easily purees frozen berries & is fantastic as a milk frother. It makes creamy smooth chocolate milk- no lumps of cocoa left in the cold milk. I expect it will also make fantastic guacamole, etc.
-It's quiet to use
-It feels sturdy & cleans up easily
-It's easy to interchange the pieces- however, one must be careful to place the notch on the accessory over the nubbin on the mixer or the piece WILL fly off
-Although it's fairly heavy, it is ergonomically pleasing.
-Shaft length is good since I cook large amounts for 4 teen boys
-Time will determine how well it stands up to regular use
-One negative was shipment time- it took 3 weeks longer to receive it than the proposed date of receipt. However, I found TigerChef responsive to my request for assistance with it & did eventually receive the product in excellent condition.
-The only other tip I would give would be that it would be nice if the instructions illustrated their listed uses for each of the accessory pieces so that one could know which one actually IS the mincer, etc. I had to google the pieces to figure out which one was which.
on October 14, 2015
Beware- no customer service from Bamix whatsoever. The bottom blade cover is simple aluminum not stainless steel as stated. Company has gone downhill.
on March 23, 2017
Unit is great but only got 3 blades vs the 4 in this package. This is replacing a bamix that I've had for about 30 years. Think a bearing is going out. If this is anywheres as good as the old one my kids will inherit this one. Once I get the misding blade issue ironed out.
on May 23, 2014
I love this thing. Possibly a little large for a normal 1 person kitchen. It is so good though that you don't ever really need to use it for more than about 10 to 12 seconds at a time. With this kind of wear and tear I'll have to leave it in the will for the grand kids to wear out.
on February 19, 2016
Was working for almost 2 years. Broke shaft screw today on piece of ice,
and I can't believe that such tiny screw was powering the blades.
Now trying to get some customer support for repair
Changed rating ,service took care of repair in one week
on October 31, 2014
Not worth it, I returned it and got myself a Braun Hand blender Multi Quick Professional MR5555MCA, much better than this!!
on February 6, 2014
Have had several immersion blenders over the years, but nothing compares to the Bamix. Whipping cream…perfect. Mashed potatoes…in seconds. Smoothies…not a problem.

Very high-quality construction and operation. Use and wash under running water - that's it.

Stores away in a top drawer or utensil cabinet.
on January 28, 2015
Not sure how I managed in the kitchen without this! Perfect size, weight and power for all of my needs. For example, I had no problem pureeing a pot full of cooked pumpkin into soup; it was also great for whipping up a small amount of heavy cream. I did originally consider the Bamix model with a longer shaft (Pro3), but after using this one for a few weeks I think the longer shaft would actually make it a bit unwieldy for most of my tasks.