ChuChi: The Plushie And Portable Night-Light
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- ChuChi is a portable, huggable, smush-able, and lovable plushie night-light and ambient mood light
- ChuChi has two modes, “lantern night-light” and “soothing ambient heartbeat"
- Helps with nighttime journeys to the restroom, the soothing ambient heartbeat acts as a relaxing and rhythmic mood-light
- Auto shut-off (2 mins) keep battery life healthy
- Batteries included
Customers also shopped for
ChuChi is a portable, huggable, smush-able, and lovable plushie night-light and ambient mood light. He is the perfect companion for anyone a little scared of the dark or lonely when their parents aren’t around. ChuChi has two modes, “Lantern night-light” and “Soothing Ambient Heartbeat.” The lantern night-light chases monsters from their shadowy hiding spots, and helps with nighttime journeys to the restroom. The soothing ambient heartbeat acts as a relaxing rhythmic mood-light.
From the Manufacturer
ChuChi is a portable, huggable, smush-able, and lovable plushie night-light and ambient mood light. He is the perfect. ChuChi has two modes, “Lantern night-light” and “Soothing Ambient Heartbeat”. The lantern night-light chases monsters from their shadowy hiding spots, and helps with nighttime journeys to the restroom. The soothing ambient heartbeat acts as a relaxing and rhythmic mood-light. Auto shut-off (2 mins) keep battery life healthy. Batteries Included.
Top customer reviews
1) Very soft and cuddly
2) Two different types of night lights (head and heart)
3) Easy for child to use
4) Turns off automatically
5) No music (a negative for some;for me a positive)
6) Wonderful customer service from Banana Design (see below)
2) Not machine washable
3) The light in my ChuChi's head stopped working after about 3 months. This ChuChi had primarily stayed in bed, no rough play, etc. I contacted Banana Design via email and told them about it. The next day, they contacted me back and said that they would ship me a new one. Within days, I had a brand new ChuChi. I replaced the old one without telling my son and had a chance to 'dissect' the old one to see if I could find out what happened. I really couldn't tell. The wires inside where connected. Anyways - at the end of the day they did replace it with no issues at all and the new ChuChi has been fine so far (about 4 months now). Bottom line though is something that you need to take care of as far as no rough play - you wouldn't want to step on it, etc.
All in all, I do recommend this for a child that needs or wants a cuddly night light for bed.
I saw Chuchi on the Today Show one morning and just knew that this was the answer. No amount of plug in or rechargeable night lights worked in the past. He isn't too big into stuffed animals and has no real "lovey" or specific item he turns to for soothing himself to sleep.
When Chuchi arrived, we both read the package (as he was a gift from our Xmas Elf) and my kid seemed to 'get' the reason he needed it. He carried it around that entire first day.
Chuchi is small, maybe 8 inches tall. He is so super soft and plush. The only hard part is the battery pack inside his belly. Even this isn't a big deal. His head, arms and torso are soft and squishy. There is a poof of wispy hair on his head as well. The best part is the fact that there is no face, no music and no flashing lights.
I predict that this toy will be with us for a while, comforting him in ways that a night light plugged into the wall just can't.
**Sadly, after 6 months of loving this toy, there apparently is a short in the wiring between the head and the battery. The light will flicker but not stay on unless the toy remains undisturbed. I contacted the company twice with no reply. I am afraid that this brings the worthiness of this toy down a notch for me. To spend $32 and have a broken toy is not worth my child's sadness over why his Chuchi can't be fixed. Of course he wants a replacement but I can't see spending $30+ each time this toy breaks.
**Second Update, nearly 5 months after the original Chuchi broke, I received an email from the company who replaced my Chuchi for free. I am elated as is my son. I'll certainly forgive the long silence because I believe the correct thing has been done.