|Item Weight||14.1 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||22.5 x 8.5 x 8.5 inches|
|Item model number||1678|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Color||Yellow, Black, White|
|Style||Bananagrams Party Edition|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Number Of Pieces||1|
|Included Components||Bananagrams Party Edition|
Other Sellers on Amazon
Bananagrams Party Edition
|List Price:||$14.99 Details|
|Price:||Get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$0.79 (5%)|
Enhance your purchase
|Color||Yellow, Black, White|
|Age Range (Description)||12 years +|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||22.5 x 8.5 x 8.5 inches|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Fast, fun-filled educational word game that requires no pencil, paper or board
- Perfect for travelling or at home, Bananagrams is the grab-and-go game for the whole family
- Get ready – shout SPLIT and race to create your individual word grid
- Interactive and exciting language game – Can you become the Top Banana?
- Bananagrams Party edition captures the fun of the original but with 14 chaos-inducing new tiles
Inspire a love of reading with Amazon Book Box for Kids
Discover delightful children's books with Amazon Book Box, a subscription that delivers new books every 1, 2, or 3 months — new Amazon Book Box Prime customers receive 15% off your first box. Learn more.
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Bananagrams Party - Welcome to the party!
BANANAGRAMS Party Edition
Welcome to the party!
Mix in the chaos, stir up the fun! The word-racing frenzy that sees you steal letters, swap places, and even destroy other players’ word grids!
BANANAGRAMS Party Edition captures the addictive fun of the original, but with 14 chaos-inducing new tiles…So start the party and let the mayhem begin!
- 14 new tiles that will make the whole family go bananas!
- All the fun of the original game but with additional party tiles
- Cross word and game lovers will want to play this over and over again
- Fun for the whole family, age 2+
- Perfect for on the go, as the game comes in a handy pouch that contains all your tiles
- Party power tiles add chaos to the sneakiest, cheekiest Bananagrams ever!
14 New Tile
The Re-Gifter, The Thief, Switcheroo and Pouch Head... these are just some of the names of the 14 chaos-inducing Party Power tiles in Bananagrams Party Edition.
Same Fun Game Play
Just like the original game, but extra fun! Each new tile holds its own special action, allowing the receiving player to bestow chaos on the victim of his/her choice.
Get Ready to Party
Whether its taking a lap around the game table or demolishing another player's grid, no one is safe! Power tiles add chaos to sneakiest, cheekiest Bananagrams ever!
How to Play Bananagrams Party
1. Put all standard tiles face down on the table (this is your bunch) and each player takes the appropriate number (depending on the number of players)
2. Party tiles are then added to the rest of the bunch
3. To start a player yells "Split!" Players turn over their tiles and race to arrange them in their own connecting, intersecting word grid. No one takes turns, you all play together! Be the first to use all your letters!
4. Whenever a player gets a tricky letter, you can "dump" it and put it back, but you must take three tiles in exchange.
5. If a player has used the last of their letters, the person calls "peel" and everyone including the person who says "peel", must take another tile from the bunch to fit into their grid.
6. When you draw a party tile from the bunch you must use it immediately. Some tiles have one-off actions, while others continue until the end of the hand. When an action is complete, put the tile to the side of your grid, out of play.
7. If the bunch has fewer tiles than there are players when you put the last letter in your grid, you don't say "peel", you say "bananas!"
8. Other players now inspect your grid. If it contains a misspelled word, proper noun, abbreviation or other unacceptable words, the others call out "rotten banana!" and you're out of the game and all your tiles are added to the bunch, face down.
9. Play then continues until the bunch again depletes and someone else calls out "bananas!" If they have an acceptable grid, they become top banana and win!
Technical and Additional information:
Country of origin: China
Dimensions: L22.5CM X W8.5CM X H8.5CM
Recommended age: 10+
Assembly Required: No
Battery Required: No
Includes: 114 Tiles and 14 Party Tiles.
This product is subject to specific safety warnings.
Warning: Not suitable for Children under 36 months because of small parts. Choking hazard.
Compare with similar items
Double Bananagrams Word Game - For Up To 16 Players
Big Letter BANANAGRAMS: Family Word Game With Easy To See And Handle Letter Tiles
Bananagrams Word Game
Super Big Boggle
|Shipping||FREE Shipping on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon or get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime||FREE Shipping on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon or get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime||FREE Shipping on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon or get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime||FREE Shipping on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon or get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime||FREE Shipping on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon or get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime|
|Are batteries required?||No||No||No||No||No|
|Item Dimensions||22.5 x 8.5 x 8.5 inches||11 x 4 x 4 inches||25.4 x 10.16 x 10.16 inches||8.5 x 3 x 1 inches||7.8 x 7.8 x 2.8 inches|
|Item Weight||0.88 lbs||1.62 lbs||0.99 lbs||7.04 ounces||1.19 lbs|
Introducing BANANAGRAMS Party Edition! This exciting new edition of the game features Party Power tiles that add a hilarious and energetic new dimension to the classic game. Players racing to complete their word grids are now faced with challenges and highjinks! From racing around the table, to destroying an opponent’s word grid—no two games will ever be the same! Fun and more sociable than ever before, BANANAGRAMS Party Edition is sure to entertain. Ages 10+ 2 to 8 Players Includes 144 Letter Tiles, 14 Party Tiles & Instructions
1 x Banagrams Party Edition Game
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Suitable for average children in 3rd grade or later. More capable players can be handicapped for a balanced game.
I have removed the Flamingo tile from the pouch. I am not fond of standing still and certainly not on one foot. Solved.
The remaining party behavior modifier tiles are bunches of fun especially the thief. I am tempted to buy a few more sets to gift after stealing the respective thief for my prime set. The remainging modifiers comprise:
🍌 Spell it: inflict this on another player to force them to aloud spell "peel" as a time handicap
🍌 single handed: another player is one hand short in play. A severe time handicap for some
🍌 announcers: another player must verbalize each new grid integrated word
🍌 Pouch head: the fool wears the empty pouch atop her head
🍌 Thumbless: yup, no opposibility dexterity for your frienemy
🍌 Re-gifter: dump some of your tiles on someone else. Great for people impaired by JQZ, or those bereft of house-words
🍌 the one and only thief: take any letter tile, or the shield, or one bomb.
🍌 Timeout: another player must count aloud to out ten banana units of time
🍌 Switcheroo: physically change seats with another player (inheriting party impairments)
🍌 Take a lap: use a large table for best results in a tight space
🍌 Bombastic: collect both through draw or theft to wrech another's grid
🍌 The Shield: protect self against every party tile except bombastic
🗑️🍌 Party pooper [not a tile]: those failing to adhere to party tile rules peel themselves an extra two tiles for non comformance each time someone calls them out on their lameness. *House rule allows more than one person to call this per round of peel when called aloud [nearly] simultaneously. Haha!
The bananagrams people can still not be incentivized to sell wild tiles or now party tiles individually :( More party tiles please!
Play with or without modifiers, sober or not.
Adopt a handicap yourself against DUMPing. (It encourages weaker players to play again)
A good time had by all. If this game aPEELs to you ... you must be PUNished.
Banagrams manufacturer: Please create a party tile version of large tiles bananagrams .
Top reviews from other countries
Love the game, it's my favourite game ever.
The party pack has less tiles, so we often combine the two packs when 4+ players.
The party tiles are great, and funny. Good addition!
In case you've never played Banagrams here's a quick run down - each player has a set of tiles (number determined by how many are playing). All players then simultaneously create their own word grids in front of them. Imagine scrabble but without the board, points or turn taking. When you've used all your tiles you say 'peel' and everyone takes an extra tile from the middle extra tiles. You then add it to an existing word, create a new word or dismantle part of your grid to make new words using your letters. The aim is to be the first person to finish their grid and say 'Bananas' when all the extra tiles in the middle are gone.
As a family we've always loved this game since we don't have to take turns, you don't have to worry about scores (we have a scrabble fiend in our family) and you can do it entirely at your own word level.
What party edition adds - 14 party tiles. You can play with them all or pick and choose as you like. Some of them make the game more challenging, some are just a bit of a laugh. Anyone who forgets to do their party tile task has to pick up a 2 tile forfeit.
1- spell it - instead of saying 'peel' you have to spell it each time
2 - flamingo - stand on one leg while you play (we play on the floor so we chose not to use this one)
3 - single-handed - only use one hand (this wasn't that hard so you could make players use their non dominant hand if you wanted)
4 - announcer - say every word as you put it in your grid
5 - pouch head - wear the pouch it comes in as a hat (this is just a bit of a giggle - until it fell on my tiles and knocked them around, wasn't so funny to me then!)
6 - thumbless - one player of your choice can't use their thumbs (This was harder than it sounds!!)
7 - the re-gifter - give someone of your picking 3 of your tiles (I got an x, v and z from my mum!)
8 - the thief - steal a tile from another player, could be a letter from their grid so they have to rejig or a party tile
9 - timeout - 10 second timeout for player of your choice
10 - switcheroo - switch seats, grids and party tiles with another player (this was hard!! Trying to carry on with words that aren't yours was tricky)
11 - take a lap - run around the table once
12/13 - bombastic (2 tiles) - first bomb does nothing but if you get both you can choose another players grid to demolish (I got thief and immediately stole the first bomb so no-one could bomb me!)
14 - shield - protects you from ALL party tiles EXCEPT bombastic, can be stolen by thief but protects anything else from being stolen.
Overall this doesn't amazingly change game play but does have an added bit of fun and challenge to it. If you don't have Banagrams I'd definitely get the party edition as you can choose when to use party tiles and when to just play Banagrams.
I love this game!