- File Size: 2193 KB
- Print Length: 270 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: VP Publications - An Imprint of RJ Parker Publishing; First edition (June 2, 2016)
- Publication Date: June 2, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01GJ1DS2K
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #292,407 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$15.96|
Save $14.97 (94%)
Bandits & Renegades: True Crime Stories (Crimes Canada: True Crimes That Shocked The Nation Book 14) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 270 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Most of the stories were new to me. Even the Alvin Karpis story contained so much detail, it was like learning it anew. The accounts of Patty Cannon, Eddie Guerin and Chicago May, and Henry Watson were spellbinding. And the man who escaped from Devil's Island was an expose` in itself.
I hope Edward Butts will continue to entertain readers with more historical crimes, crimes that were solved without computers, high definition satellite imagery or DNA.
off a robbery so large, it made national headlines. The other criminals in this book, Baby face Nelson, Pretty-boy Floyd, John Dillinger and Ma Barkers gang. Interesting read.
The verifiable events, controversies and the legends associated with these crimes and criminals are examined concisely and objectively; conflicting accounts are presented at face value and no attempt is made by the author to steer the reader into believing one version over another. Disregard for the reader’s intelligence and ability to reason are often underestimated (or ignored) by true crime writers, not this one. Additional value is derived from the author’s use of period photographs and numerous examples (and explanations) of the argot used during the discussed period. Most important to me, the author provides the opportunity for a richer understanding of the discussed events and the motivations of the participants by providing cogent detail relating to both the social contexts in which the events take place and the personalities of the players themselves. For me, the best literature, fiction or non-fiction, offers the opportunity to gain an understanding (my own interpretation) and does not attempt to persuade or convince.
This book is history written as it should be: lucidly presented, entertaining and totally objective.
One of the things I REALLY liked was a lot of these crimes took place MANY years ago, instead of like more recently in the other books in the series. (An example being the 1st story about Martha "Party" Cannon. She was born in Canada during the 1770's and her crimes took place during the 1800's in the USA.
This was the 1st time I've read anything by Edward Butts and I'm looking forward to more by him!
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > True Crime
- Books > History > Americas > Canada > Pre-Confederation
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Biographies & Memoirs > True Crime > Criminals
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Biographies & Memoirs > True Crime > Murder & Mayhem
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Biographies & Memoirs > True Crime > Serial Killers
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > History > Americas > Canada > Pre-Confederation
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > History > Americas > Canada > Province & Local
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Violence in Society