- "A beautifully written love story with so much more. One of the best of the year, and a series worth diving into!" --Maxy Awards
- "With characters who are damaged, flawed, and completely relatable to readers, McFarren breathes life into every character throughout every page with pure raw emotion, leaving you on the edge of your seat and a pounding in your chest." --San Diego Book Review
- "This intricate escapade is as carnal as it is cerebral. If you're into vivacious prose and bodice-heaving melodrama, this just may be your cup of tea." --Joe Kilgore, The US Review of Books
- "Mystery and thriller readers will find this level of description sets Banished Threads apart from more singular plots as it evolves into a gripping story of life and death told on many levels, using real living, breathing protagonists whose actions and thoughts move beyond the art and intrigue circles they traverse. Quite simply, Banished Threads is an emotion-charged ride through a series of close encounters that are as psychologically gripping as they are filled with action. Mystery and thriller audiences are in for a real treat." --D. Donovan, Senior Reviewer, Midwest Book Review
- "Murder, secrets, lies, and sex make this thrilling read a page-turner from beginning to end. I loved the writing, the characters and the plot. From the opening sentence of Banished Threads, McFarren had me hook, line, and sinker!" --BK Walker Books
- "Readers will get quite a thrill from McFarren's latest Threads novel! Chase and Rachel are back in this fast-paced romantic suspense, based in an art gallery in England. It's full of family drama, stolen art, kidnapping, and even more exciting sex between the globetrotting couple. The story moves along at a brisk pace with plenty of peripheral characters to keep things interesting."--Romantic Times
- "The book's characters are realistic and believable and the erotic scenes organically tangle in with the rest of the story. While guessing about who is behind all the troubles you'll enjoy following the romantic side of this mystery, as well." --Portland Book Review
- "In an excellently written and thrilling murder mystery story by author Kaylin McFarren, Banished Threads: Volume 3 is a book that will keep readers obsessively turning the pages from the very start, hearts in their throats, and pulses racing!" --Readers' Favorite
- "Family secrets, engaging characters, the heat of romance, and a standout suspense plot with a twisty surprise ending make "Banished Threads" a must-read addition to McFarren's popular Threads series..." --Chanticleer Book Reviews & Media
From the Author
For most of my life, I've been fascinated by the arts--visual, literary, and performance. At the age of eight, I penned my first poem and won my first award in a short-story writing contest sponsored by the Seattle Rotary. Throughout high school and college, I continued to write in journals and attribute my interest in a literary major to Lonny Kaneko, a highly respected English professor at Highline Community College in Des Moines, Washington.
My dream of opening and operating an art gallery became a reality on June 5, 1999, and the gallery joined the list of twenty-seven diverse companies under my husband's Yoshida Group umbrella. During my eight years of running the gallery, I became a committed champion of more than four hundred artists in the Northwest, exposing their talents at monthly shows and through national marketing efforts. My love of this visual medium, combined with my enjoyment of writing, drove me to weave this action-packed, emotionally-charged tale, which I hope mystery, suspense and romance lovers will enjoy reading as much as my two additional stories...soon to follow.