Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Banished Threads (Volume 3) Paperback – January 8, 2016
Frequently bought together
- "A beautifully written love story with so much more. One of the best of the year, and a series worth diving into!" --Maxy Awards
- "With characters who are damaged, flawed, and completely relatable to readers, McFarren breathes life into every character throughout every page with pure raw emotion, leaving you on the edge of your seat and a pounding in your chest." --San Diego Book Review
- "This intricate escapade is as carnal as it is cerebral. If you're into vivacious prose and bodice-heaving melodrama, this just may be your cup of tea." --Joe Kilgore, The US Review of Books
- "Mystery and thriller readers will find this level of description sets Banished Threads apart from more singular plots as it evolves into a gripping story of life and death told on many levels, using real living, breathing protagonists whose actions and thoughts move beyond the art and intrigue circles they traverse. Quite simply, Banished Threads is an emotion-charged ride through a series of close encounters that are as psychologically gripping as they are filled with action. Mystery and thriller audiences are in for a real treat." --D. Donovan, Senior Reviewer, Midwest Book Review
- "Murder, secrets, lies, and sex make this thrilling read a page-turner from beginning to end. I loved the writing, the characters and the plot. From the opening sentence of Banished Threads, McFarren had me hook, line, and sinker!" --BK Walker Books
- "Readers will get quite a thrill from McFarren's latest Threads novel! Chase and Rachel are back in this fast-paced romantic suspense, based in an art gallery in England. It's full of family drama, stolen art, kidnapping, and even more exciting sex between the globetrotting couple. The story moves along at a brisk pace with plenty of peripheral characters to keep things interesting."--Romantic Times
- "The book's characters are realistic and believable and the erotic scenes organically tangle in with the rest of the story. While guessing about who is behind all the troubles you'll enjoy following the romantic side of this mystery, as well." --Portland Book Review
- "In an excellently written and thrilling murder mystery story by author Kaylin McFarren, Banished Threads: Volume 3 is a book that will keep readers obsessively turning the pages from the very start, hearts in their throats, and pulses racing!" --Readers' Favorite
- "Family secrets, engaging characters, the heat of romance, and a standout suspense plot with a twisty surprise ending make "Banished Threads" a must-read addition to McFarren's popular Threads series..." --Chanticleer Book Reviews & Media
Reviewed by Tracy Slowiak for Readers' Favorite
"In an excellently written and thrilling murder mystery story by author Kaylin McFarren, Banished Threads: Volume 3 is a book that will keep readers obsessively turning the pages from the very start, hearts in their throats, and pulses racing! Follow the story of characters Rachel Lyons and Chase Cohen. They attend a soiree at her uncle's home in which a very valuable art collection goes missing. Rachel's aunt's granddaughter, Sloan Rafferty, is blamed, and Chase is determined to clear her name and at the same time win the favor of Rachel's uncle. What he finds might not exactly be what he is looking for, however, as Rachel's uncle is soon accused of an unsolved murder, and both of these cases might be more related than they appear. Will Chase finally get to the bottom of these crimes? You'll need to read the book to find out!
I so, so enjoyed Banished Threads. Author Kaylin McFarren has done a fantastic job in writing an exciting story with excellently drawn characters that her readers will be able to connect with, relate to and will care about. If that isn't a hallmark of a great author, I'm not sure what is. The mystery isn't one that's easily solved, even for a reader like me who frequently figures out the end quite early in the book, and there are plenty of creative twists and turns that will keep readers guessing. I highly recommend Banished Threads, and I certainly look forward to reading more from the very talented author, Kaylin McFarren, in the near future!"
From the Author
If you buy a new print edition of this book (or purchased one in the past), you can buy the Kindle edition for only $0.99 (Save 67%). Print edition purchase must be sold by Amazon. Learn more.
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
The cover was most impressive - I would defy anyone to resist that plaintive face whom I assume was Sloan.
The plot was a big ragged in parts and in other quite tight. It almost seemed as though some imagery which would have set the scene was skipped in place of inconsequential conversation but this was minor quibble. Occasionally an Americanism would come into the script and I had to remind myself that - though set in England - some of the characters are Americans.
Rachel is a complex person who seemed to be unable to do as she was advised - regardless that she need to be very careful of her body. She just had to charge off and of course gets herself into more pickles. Sloan was a sad figure in whom I was happy to invest concern, but her relationship to one of the other main characters was not clearly shown for quite awhile which confused me a little.
All in all, an okay read and I will try the others in the "stable" down the track.
the characters are well defined, the pace is just enough to keep you interested, then right in the middle it picks up, and makes you want more,then leads you to the climax, begging for answers. You are left satisfied, but still wondering. I really hope there are more adventures of Rachel,Chase, Sloan,Sly to follow. Very good Ms. McFarren you have a fan..
The Uncle’s lover winds up at the bottom of a cliff and that along wit some recent thefts in the area set into motion actions that culminate in a very good finale.
I really like the book and even though I missed one in the series, it didn’t distract from the story, I was able to follow along and get immersed in the new characters.
This is a great book with mystery , a love story all thrown in. Worthy to be on the Mills and Boons list for the UK. It is well written and keeps you guessing, at parts has you on the edge of your seat and is a thoroughly good read. Would I recommend this book. Yes Yes Yes
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I usually love mystery stories set in Great Britain which is why I chose this book.Read more