- Series: Threads
- Paperback: 258 pages
- Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (January 8, 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1518806910
- ISBN-13: 978-1518806919
- Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 0.6 x 8.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 12 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4.4 out of 5 stars See all reviews (87 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,279,729 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
Banished Threads (Volume 3) Paperback – January 8, 2016
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
- "A beautifully written love story with so much more. One of the best of the year, and a series worth diving into!" --Maxy Awards
- "With characters who are damaged, flawed, and completely relatable to readers, McFarren breathes life into every character throughout every page with pure raw emotion, leaving you on the edge of your seat and a pounding in your chest." --San Diego Book Review
- "This intricate escapade is as carnal as it is cerebral. If you're into vivacious prose and bodice-heaving melodrama, this just may be your cup of tea." --Joe Kilgore, The US Review of Books
- "Mystery and thriller readers will find this level of description sets Banished Threads apart from more singular plots as it evolves into a gripping story of life and death told on many levels, using real living, breathing protagonists whose actions and thoughts move beyond the art and intrigue circles they traverse. Quite simply, Banished Threads is an emotion-charged ride through a series of close encounters that are as psychologically gripping as they are filled with action. Mystery and thriller audiences are in for a real treat." --D. Donovan, Senior Reviewer, Midwest Book Review
- "Murder, secrets, lies, and sex make this thrilling read a page-turner from beginning to end. I loved the writing, the characters and the plot. From the opening sentence of Banished Threads, McFarren had me hook, line, and sinker!" --BK Walker Books
- "Readers will get quite a thrill from McFarren's latest Threads novel! Chase and Rachel are back in this fast-paced romantic suspense, based in an art gallery in England. It's full of family drama, stolen art, kidnapping, and even more exciting sex between the globetrotting couple. The story moves along at a brisk pace with plenty of peripheral characters to keep things interesting."--Romantic Times
- "The book's characters are realistic and believable and the erotic scenes organically tangle in with the rest of the story. While guessing about who is behind all the troubles you'll enjoy following the romantic side of this mystery, as well." --Portland Book Review
- "In an excellently written and thrilling murder mystery story by author Kaylin McFarren, Banished Threads: Volume 3 is a book that will keep readers obsessively turning the pages from the very start, hearts in their throats, and pulses racing!" --Readers' Favorite
- "Family secrets, engaging characters, the heat of romance, and a standout suspense plot with a twisty surprise ending make "Banished Threads" a must-read addition to McFarren's popular Threads series..." --Chanticleer Book Reviews & Media
Reviewed by Tracy Slowiak for Readers' Favorite
"In an excellently written and thrilling murder mystery story by author Kaylin McFarren, Banished Threads: Volume 3 is a book that will keep readers obsessively turning the pages from the very start, hearts in their throats, and pulses racing! Follow the story of characters Rachel Lyons and Chase Cohen. They attend a soiree at her uncle's home in which a very valuable art collection goes missing. Rachel's aunt's granddaughter, Sloan Rafferty, is blamed, and Chase is determined to clear her name and at the same time win the favor of Rachel's uncle. What he finds might not exactly be what he is looking for, however, as Rachel's uncle is soon accused of an unsolved murder, and both of these cases might be more related than they appear. Will Chase finally get to the bottom of these crimes? You'll need to read the book to find out!
I so, so enjoyed Banished Threads. Author Kaylin McFarren has done a fantastic job in writing an exciting story with excellently drawn characters that her readers will be able to connect with, relate to and will care about. If that isn't a hallmark of a great author, I'm not sure what is. The mystery isn't one that's easily solved, even for a reader like me who frequently figures out the end quite early in the book, and there are plenty of creative twists and turns that will keep readers guessing. I highly recommend Banished Threads, and I certainly look forward to reading more from the very talented author, Kaylin McFarren, in the near future!"
From the Author
If you buy a new print edition of this book (or purchased one in the past), you can buy the Kindle edition for only $0.99 (Save 67%). Print edition purchase must be sold by Amazon. Learn more.
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top customer reviews
The Uncle’s lover winds up at the bottom of a cliff and that along wit some recent thefts in the area set into motion actions that culminate in a very good finale.
I really like the book and even though I missed one in the series, it didn’t distract from the story, I was able to follow along and get immersed in the new characters.
the characters are well defined, the pace is just enough to keep you interested, then right in the middle it picks up, and makes you want more,then leads you to the climax, begging for answers. You are left satisfied, but still wondering. I really hope there are more adventures of Rachel,Chase, Sloan,Sly to follow. Very good Ms. McFarren you have a fan..
In the third novel of the "Threads" series, Chase and Rachel travel to England on board the Stargazer, intent on enjoying a week of vacation and receiving her uncle’s blessing for their marriage. Though this should be a joyous time for the couple, all is not well.
Rachel is four months into a difficult and unintended pregnancy, and she’s feeling ambivalent about becoming a mother. Chase, though pleased about the baby, is having mixed feelings about his proposal of marriage, regardless of how much he loves Rachel. Rachel is acting distant, and he’s wondering whether a marriage with someone who doesn’t seem as committed as he is has any hope of succeeding.
In addition to his troubled thoughts surrounding their relationship, Chase knows he faces an uphill battle with regard to receiving Paul Lyon’s blessing. Paul blames Chase for the drowning death of his brother, Rachel’s father, and odds are good that he’ll never forgive Chase. Chase is well aware that Rachel holds the power to persuade her uncle to approve of their marriage, but to do that, she’ll have to convince him that she’s truly in love with Chase, a fact even Chase isn’t all that confident of.
When a thief makes off with a priceless collection of paintings from Paul Lyon’s estate, Chase seizes on the opportunity to help solve the crime and win back the good graces of his soon-to-be uncle-in-law. But the theft becomes complicated by unsolved murders, both in the present and from the past. The police are taking a close look at Paul Lyons and his wife, Sara, for those murders, and Chase is terrified that Rachel and the baby will be the killer’s next victims.
In "Banished Threads," McFarren proves that relationships can be just as treacherous as international treasure hunting, and that evil exists everywhere, not just in the form of the criminal organizations. McFarren has a gift for portraying complex family dynamics, the baggage people bring into relationships, and the unintended consequences of dysfunctional behavior.
The author deftly immerses the reader in those complex relationships, revealing the real killer in a surprise ending that will leave the reader gasping. Family secrets, a need for revenge, the heat of romance, a cerebral intriguing plot, and a ticking clock with a killer who needs to exact a unique form of revenge makes "Banished Threads" a gripping psychological thriller.
Most recent customer reviews
This story is part love story, part Gothic mystery, and a bit supernatural.Read more