Banyan Botanicals Nasya Oil - USDA Certified Organic - Nasal Drops for Clear Breathing and Lubrication of The Nose and Sinus Passages
Enhance your purchase
|Specific Uses For Product||Sinus Relief|
|Age Range (Description)||Adult|
About this item
- According to Ayurveda Nasya is considered one of the most important holistic self-care practices that encourages internal detoxification. Many practioners consider Nasya an essential part of an Ayurvedic Daily Routine. Nasya helps to lubricate the nasal passages and clean out excess mucus from the sinuses. Warning: Do not use if you are pregnant or have a cold, flu or sinus infection.
- The nose is considered the direct route to the brain and also the doorway to consciousness. Therefore the administration of Nasya improves intelligence and memory. It is the entrance for prana, the vital life force, which comes into the body through the breath. Healthy uncongested breathing is important to ensure proper flow of prana throughout the head and body. When an excess of bodily fluids accumulates in the sinus, throat, nose, or head areas, it is best eliminated through the nose.
- Nasya Oil soothes and protects the nasal passage while nourishing the tissues. Daily nasal lubrication helps to release tension in the head and relieve accumulated stress. Balancing for vata, pitta and kapha, Nasya Oil is also traditionally said to improve quality of voice, strengthen vision, and promote mental clarity.
- Banyan Botanicals is committed to producing the highest quality Ayurvedic products using USDA certified organic herbs that are sustainably sourced and fairly traded. All our products are 3rd party tested to ensure product quality and safety.
- The Healthy Guarantee: If for any reason you are not satisfied with one of our products, we will gladly accept returns for a full product refund.
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Climate Pledge Friendly
Climate Pledge Friendly uses sustainability certifications to highlight products that support our commitment to help preserve the natural world. Time is fleeting. Learn more
PRODUCT CERTIFICATION (1)
USDA Organic products must be produced using farming practices that maintain and improve soil and water quality, minimize the use of synthetic materials, conserve biodiversity, and avoid genetic engineering, among other factors. Crops can be certified organic if they’re grown without prohibited substances such as most synthetic fertilizers and pesticides for three years prior to harvest. Products that contain a minimum of 95 percent organic ingredients and use the USDA Organic seal are part of Climate Pledge Friendly.
Nasya Oil Soothes and Protects the Nasal Passages
The upper respiratory tract is made up of the nose, nasal cavity, mouth, pharynx (throat), and larynx (voice box). In addition to being the main passageway for breath, the nasal cavity also acts as a first line of defense against environmental irritants. Foreign particles are trapped in the cilia, or hairlike structures, that line the mucous membranes of the nasal passages. Nasya is a traditional method that assists the nasal cavity's natural cleansing mechanism and lubricates its delicate tissues. It is often used in conjunction with a saline rinse; as saline can leave the nasal tissues dry, Nasya Oil provides the soothing and moisturizing benefits of sesame oil and calming herbs. These herbs—brahmi, calamus, and skullcap—also help to relieve tension in the head, improve the quality of the voice, and promote mental clarity.
When lying down is not convenient:
- Place a drop of nasya oil on the little finger and gently insert it into the nostril.
- Gently massage the inner walls of the nasal passage.
- Alternate left and right nostrils until each nostril has received a total of three applications of oil.
Adding this to your daily routine takes no more than a minute and is as simple as placing five drops of the oil in each nostril every morning.
Here is a simple procedure to follow for self-administration of nasya:
- Begin by comfortably lying down on your back and tilting your head back with your nostrils opening towards the sky.
- If you are lying on a bed, you may hang your head off the edge of the bed or place a small pillow beneath your neck for support.
- Place 3–5 drops of nasya oil in each nostril.
- With skill, you can administer the oil, drop by drop, circling the inside perimeter of the nostril, thoroughly coating the nasal membranes.
Health Benefits of Nasya Oil
Banyan is committed to providing high quality Ayurvedic products using certified organic+ herbs that are fairly traded and sustainably sourced.
+Certified Organic by QAI 2022
25+ Years Serving the Ayurvedic Community
Banyan Botanicals was founded in 1996 out of a deep love for the wisdom of Ayurveda and a passion for high-quality traditional herbs. Today, Banyan offers a large selection of Ayurvedic herbs and operates as a resource for inspirational and informative Ayurvedic content.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Package Dimensions : 5.9 x 1.75 x 1.55 inches; 1.6 Ounces
- Date First Available : May 7, 2005
- Manufacturer : Banyan Botanicals
- ASIN : B000Q48DCW
- Best Sellers Rank: #10,738 in Health & Household (See Top 100 in Health & Household)
- #84 in Sinus Medicine
- Customer Reviews:
Compare with similar items
Do not use if you are pregnant or have a cold, flu or sinus infection. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medications, or have a medical condition please consult with your health care practitioner prior to the use of this product. Keep out of the reach of children. Store in a cool, dry place. Do not use if seal is broken or missing. Banyan Botanicals takes allergen concerns very seriously. All our herbs are free of gluten, soy, eggs, dairy, tree nuts, fish, crustaceans, or any derivative thereof. No wheat or peanuts are on the premises. In addition to herbs, our facility manufactures sesame, sunflower, almond, and coconut oils. While we do process oils, production of oils and herbs is distinctly demarcated within the facility. The machines are all certified according to NOP and EU organic regulations.
Refined Sesame oil*, Olive oil*, Brahmi*, Calamus*, Skullcap*, Eucalyptus essential oil*. (*Certified Organic)
With head tilted back, place 3-5 drops into each nostril and sniff. Do not use if you are pregnant or have a cold, flu or sinus infection.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Works great when your nose is bothering you.
I took off a star because I like the recipe for the one I make myself better :)
I bought this because I hadn't ever tried one other than the one I made.
I do like the idea of the ingredients in this brand ... but sometimes the smell of one of the ingredients bugs me.
Mine is 15 mL organic sesame oil, 3 drops lavender essential oil, 2 drops eucalyptus essential oil, 1 drop frankincense essential oil and 1 drop peppermint essential oil.
Mine is really refreshing and makes your nose feel clearer and hydrated. I often don't need anything else after this for allergies or sinus issues.
The Banyan brand also makes my nose feel clearer and hydrated, but isn't as refreshing, and sometimes I don't like the smell. I don't know what it is in it that has the smell that bothers me.
The only thing I have to do is remember to improve my habits and make sure I use the oil daily (twice a day -- once in the morning and before sleep works great), especially in the winter when the air is so dry.
I followed the instructions and allowed time for the oil to drip into sinus cavity and be absorbed before sitting up and massaging the sinus area. Laying down VS sitting up with head tilted back just causes the oil to go to the back of the throat where you need to get up and spit it out. Felt more wasteful than useful so I started just rubbing it on the inside of my nose with finger. Using this product did not clear anything, it did not expel anything or cause drainage, nothing. The amount of eucalyptus in this is so low, I never would've guessed it was in the formula had it not been listed on the label, it is pretty undetectable, which is also disappointing as I was hoping it'd help clear my sinus. I had already been using natural oils to rub on the inside of my nose prior to using this product. This did not perform any better than other oils as a sinus lubricant. The smell was not a problem for me, just smells like an unscented olive oil. Was glad I was able to return this item.
I not longer have nose bleeds, my sinuses don't drain constantly and I don't wake up with a stuffy nose every morning.
This is the most amazing product and will remain a part of my daily bedtime ritual as it makes it so much easier to breathe at night and my sinuses are much more comfortable!
Top reviews from other countries
The price is high in amazon India but same product in other country in other website is less costly. You can check directly from their website , less pricy.
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.