Add to your order
from Asurion, LLC $7.99
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty. Power surges covered from day one.
- EXPERT TECH HELP: Real experts available 24/7 to help with set-up, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. We will send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product. In some cases, we will replace or repair it.
BAOFENG BF-F8HP (UV-5R 3rd Gen) 8-Watt Dual Band Two-Way Radio (136-174MHz VHF & 400-520MHz UHF) Includes Full Kit with Large Battery
|Number of Channels||128|
|Number of Batteries||1 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)|
|Tuner Technology||UHF, VHF|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||10.5 x 2 x 2 inches|
|Item Weight||0.63 Pounds|
|Frequency Range||UHF, VHF, FM|
About this item
- Upgrades from our Previous Generation UV-5R: Twice the Output Power (8 watts up from 4 watts output), New Hardened Durable Radio Shell, 30% Larger Battery, V-85 High Gain Antenna (Twice the Antenna Performance), USA Support + In-depth User Guide Included; A PC03 FTDI Programming Cable is Recommended for Easier PC Programming
- High / Med / Low Power Settings (8W, 4W, 1W); Frequency Range: VHF: 136-174 MHz(Rx/Tx). UHF: 400-520 MHz(Rx/Tx); Broad (Wide) / Narrowband (Narrow) Selectable
- The BF-F8HP was designed in the USA and because not everyone is a radio-expert we really wanted to focus on providing an easier user experience! That starts with the new in-depth manual that guides you through the capabilities and customization of the BF-F8HP. On top of that the BF-F8HP also includes exclusive concierge customer help and warranty support. This concierge service is only available on select BaoFeng models such as the BF-F8HP, UV-82HP, and UV-5X3
- Kit Includes: BF-F8HP, 2100mAh Battery, V-85 Dual Band Antenna, CH-5 Charger, CH-5 110V Adapter, Earpiece Kit, Wrist Strap, Belt Clip, User Manual
- BTECH is proud to be in the USA, which allows you to have the best available local support for any issue that may arise. BTECH only engineers and develops radio products. That brand focus allows you to have the best available radios and accessories with the most features, with real USA warranty and support.
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
The BaoFeng BF-F8HP
High power at an affordable price! Feel free to take your radio with you anywhere you go! No other radio can compare against our capabilities, affordability, and concierge service!
The BF-F8HP Adds More than Just 8 Watt Power Output
The Next Generation UV-5R
The BF-F8HP is a dual band handheld radio that improves on the UV-5R with more transmit power based on a new generation chipset - along with new concierge service.
Beyond the 3 Power Levels (1, 4, 8 watt) it also includes: a new 2000mAh Battery, an in-depth user guide, concierge support, and the High Gain V-85 Antenna. All while still maintaining full backward accessory compatibility with all prior UV-5R accessories.
The BF-F8HP has the latest N5R-340A firmware not available on any other model.
30% Larger Battery
The BF-F8HP includes a new battery pack that still provides a long lasting radio experience; even while using high power.
Average Battery Life:
UV-5R High (4W): 18 Hours.
BF-F8HP High (8W): 20 Hours.
BF-F8HP Mid (5W): 24 Hours.
The large battery gives you peace of mind to use the built-In flashlight or even the built in FM radio - and still have the power to communicate throughout the day without recharging.
In Depth Documentation and Concierge Support
The BF-F8HP was designed in the USA and because not everyone is a radio-expert we really wanted to focus on providing an easier user experience! That starts with the new in-depth manual that guides you through the capabilities and customization of the BF-F8HP. On top of that the BF-F8HP also includes exclusive concierge customer help and warranty support. This concierge service is only available on select BaoFeng models such as the BF-F8HP.
What's All Included?
1 Year Complimentary Concierge Service and Warranty Support. (Conditions apply. Kindly contact customer care/website for further information).
|UV-82HP (7W), High-Power +(3rd Gen)||UV-82C, Commercial, Employer Model||UV-5X3, Tribander Model||BF-F8HP (8W), High Power + (3rd Gen)||BF-F8+ Variants, (2nd Gen)||UV-5R & Variants (2nd Gen)|
|Output||7 Watt Max||5 Watt Max||5 Watt Max||8 Watt Max||4-5 Watt Max||4-5 Watt Max|
|Speaker Output||1 Watt||1 Watt||1 Watt||700mW||700mW||700mW|
|Frequency Range (mhz)||VHF (136-174), UHF (400-520)||VHF (136-174), UHF (400-520)||VHF (130-179.99), 1.25M (222-225.99), UHF (400-520.99)||VHF (136-174), UHF (400-520)||VHF (136-174), UHF (400-520)||VHF (136-174), UHF (400-520)|
|Push-to-Talk: Single, Dual, or Both||Both||Both||Single||Single||Single||Single|
|Disable VFO (Frequency)||✓||✓||✓|
|FCC Part 90 Licensed and Compliant for Commercial Applications||✓|
|High Gain 7" Antenna||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|BaoFeng Tech Concierge Support||✓||✓||✓||✓|
Compare with similar items
Midland 50 Channel Waterproof GMRS Two-Way Radio - Long Range Walkie Talkie with 142 Privacy Codes, SOS Siren, and NOAA Weather Alerts and Weather Scan (Black/Silver, Pair Pack)
BaoFeng UV-5R VHF/UHF Dual Band Radio 136-174 400-480Mhz Transceiver
BAOFENG UV-82 VHF UHF FM Transceiver Dual Band Two Way Radio
BaoFeng UV-82HP High Power Dual Band Radio: 136-174mhz (VHF) 400-520mhz (UHF) Amateur (Ham) Portable Two-Way
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Sold By||BaoFeng Tech||Midland Radio||Ziliyt||Sincrel||BaoFeng Tech|
|Color||Black||Black, Silver||Black||Black||Standard Black|
|Item Dimensions||10.5 x 2 x 2 inches||7.9 x 2.4 x 1.5 inches||8.3 x 6.5 x 3.7 inches||2.36 x 2.05 x 11.26 inches||2.5 x 8.1 x 7 inches|
|Style||Single||Pair Pack - Black/Silver||Radio||—||UV-82HP|
The Most Powerful One Yet: BaoFeng BF-F8HP (High Power)
The BF-F8HP is the most powerful BaoFeng capable of transmitting 8 watts!
A PC03 FTDI Programming Cable is Recommended for Easier PC Programming
The BF-F8HP is the third and final generation of the UV-5R. Some new features found in the BF-F8HP are the three selectable power levels (Low - 1w, Med - 4/5w, High-7/8w); the BF-F8HP has a better high-gain antenna (7") that was not available in earlier models; the BF-F8HP also brings back the customizable tri-color display that was not found in second generation UV-5Rs. The BF-F8HP also comes with a Full IN-DEPTH 76 Page User Manual that will help you get aquatinted with all the New Features!
Much like its little brothers (the BF-F8+ and the UV-5R) the BF-F8HP maintains full cross accessory compatibility with all previous UV-5R accessories.
Model: New BAOFENG BF-F8HP
Battery: 2000mAh, 7.4v, Li-ion
Frequency Range: 136-174MHz and 400-520MHz (TX/RX)
Antenna: High Gain Dual Band Antenna 7" Antenna
Mode of operation: Simple or semi-duplex
Transmitter Output power: 8W/5W / 1W (Max 8W)
Modulation Mode: 16k F3E / 11k F3E
Maximum deviation: <5kHz(Wide) / <2.5kHz(Narrow) CTCSS/DCS deviation: 0.5+/-0.1kHz(Wide) / 0.3+/-0.1kHz(Narrow)
7.4V 2000mahLi-ion Battery Pack
***NEW IN-Depth Manual
Desktop Charger (110V)
Programming Tips and Help Provided at Miklor
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the condition that this device does not cause harmful interference.
Restriced to occupational use to satisfy FCC RF exposure limits. See user manual for operating requirements
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Perfectly satisfied with my choice.
I've used it from the house and I'm able to hit a lot of local repeaters including some 15 miles away. I've made multiple contacts (and received one lecture on how Baofeng is all things evil... whatever). I've also used it on the road. I set up repeaters down the highway and was able to make contacts just fine. I've so far only made a single simplex contact, but I keep trying.
I've found the radio very easy to learn and very easy to operate. It was also easy to program. I've used both Chirp and the Baofeng software. I prefer chirp. I did purchase a longer antenna for it, which radically changes the radio for the better, so you might want to do that as well.
As a first step into the world of amateur radio, this is a great choice. Waiting now for my Yaesu 8900R to arrive so I can install it in the Jeep while I study for my General.
Why buy the UV-5X3 instead of the BF-F8HP?:
1. You can lock out channels from scanning on the UV-5X3 via the keypad, on BF-F8HP you have to reprogram via software to skip a channel while scanning.
2. On the UV-5X3 you can lock the display to show the Freq and the Alpha text.
3. The UV-5X3 is Tri-Band. (however if your going to transmit on the 220 band you have to change to the other tuned antenna which is included. The 144/440 Antenna that is included with the UV-5X3 is the same V85 that is shipped with the BF-F8HP)
4. I've had weird receive cut out on the BF-F8HP while the UV-5X3 has no issue while they are sitting right next to each other with the identical V85 antenna.
5. Do your research and you'll find that testing shows the spurious emission of the UV-5X3 is in line with even the Yeasu radios. (unlike pretty much all of the other BeoFeng). UV-5X3 really is a new tighter radio.
6. The extra 3 watts isn't going to do crap on an identical setup.. you want to get out? Get a real tuned antenna set up. Any experienced HAM will verify this.
7. The the UV-5X3 has a more powerful audio output.
8. Finally.. the UV-5X3 is like $5 cheaper. But has Less battery capacity.. so buy the 3800mAH battery (which you'd want for either radio).
Also.. buy the BTECH QHM22 external mic/speaker if you don't want to sound like your running a Fisher Price radio. And this mic/speaker is IP54 so you can have the radio under your raincoat and the mic/speaker outside (another must for either radio).
The optional battery and mic/speaker are identical for both BF-F8HP and the UV-5X3.
This is the 2nd BF-F8HP unit I've bought from Amazon and I'm not sure why, but this one is FAR superior in EVERY way. This one came in outstanding packaging, with a FANTASTIC manual and appears to be better made than the other. I'm not sure exactly why my other unit (which is "Baofeng" only - NOT "Pofung Baofeng" as this unit is...) is so different - but this one is much nicer. I have *several* versions of the Baofeng HTs - this is the first one I could describe as a truly professional product. Extremely pleased!