BaoFeng UV-82 Dual Band Two-Way Radio 136-174MHz VHF & 400-520MHz UHF (Black)
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- High / Low Power Settings (5W/1W) Programmable Amateur Radio
- Frequency Range: 65-108 MHz (Only commercial FM radio reception) VHF: 136-174 MHz(Rx/Tx). UHF: 400-520 MHz(Rx/Tx)
- Customize Channel Names, the Boot Display and More by Using the PC03 FTDI Programming Cable
- 1800mAh Battery; Broadband (Wide) 25khz / Narrowband (Narrow) 12.5khz Selectable
- AUTO Keypad Lock, Dual Band, Dual Display and Dual Standby
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
|Price||$27.52||See price in cart||$62.89||$31.32||$28.99||$54.99|
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Howay||BaoFeng Tech||Amazon.com||Ham Radio Gear||BaoFeng Tech|
|Power Source||Li-ion||Battery||Li-ion||Corded-Electric, Battery||Corded-Electric, Battery||Battery|
Please note Pofung is rebranding name of Baofeng for international markets.
The new name ‘Pofung’ is easier to pronounce and more friendly to our customers, while maintaining the phonetic symbolism of our brand.
Our new brand ‘Pofung’ will gradually replace the existing brand ‘BAOFENG’ in the global markets outside China.
This radio has upped the bar on ham radio technology!
Compare to previous Baofeng products (UV-5R and the UV-B Series) this radio comes with a much louder speaker (1 watt!).
More solid design with larger buttons, and a better antenna.
This radio can be programmed with or without a PC to also work on private repeater systems.
- FM Radio (65.0MHz-108.0MHz)
- Frequency Range: 136-174 & 400-520MHz
- Channel Step: 2.5/5/6.25/10/12.5/25KHz
- Dual Band, Dual Display, Dual Frequency,Dual Standby
- 25KHz/12.5KHz Switchable
- A/B band independent operation
- 128 groups channels storage
- Shortcut menu operation mode
- VFO & Memory channels scan
- Emergency Alarm
- Tri-color background light selectable
- 0~9 grades VOX selectable
- PTT & ANI ID
- FM radio and 25 stations storage
- 1750Hz Brust
- Tone Time-out Timer
- Channel Monitor
- Battery Saver
- Keypad Lock
- Low Battery Alert
- ROGER SET
- Emergency Alert
- Large LCD Display
- LED Flashlight
- Hight /Low RF Power Switchable
- Voice companding
- 50 CTCSS/ 104DCS coder & tone searching
- PC programmable
- Wide/Narrow Band(25kHz/12.5kHz)
- Transmitter time-out timer(TOT)
- High/Low TX power selectable
Output power: 5W / 1W (Max 5W)
Modulation Mode: 16kΦF3E / 11kΦF3E
Maximum deviation: 5kHz(Wide) / 2.5kHz(Narrow)
Spurious Radiation: 7μW
Adjacent Ch. power: ≤-65dB(Wide) / ≤-60dB(Narrow)
Pre-emphasis characteristics: 6dB
CTCSS/DCS deviation: 0.5±0.1kHz(Wide) / 0.3±0.1kHz(Narrow)
Intermediation sensitivity: 8-12mv
Intermediation distortion: ≤10%
1x Pofung UV-82 Dual Band FM Transceiver
1x 7.4V/1800mAh BL-8 Battery
1x Power Adapter
1x Belt Clip
1x Hand Strap
1x Battery Charger
1x User Manual
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
As the other gentleman said, the radio fits better in your hand as is larger than the UV-5R and UV-B5/6 series. This radio is solid & well built - it's made for work and everyday use.
The squelch actually works on this model. Both of my radios are set to 5. The UV-82 doesn't pick up as much key check and static from guys hitting the repeaters, not so with the UV-5R.
The manual is 'now more better', but the Chinese would do well to hire an American or Brit to proofread the copy first. For first time radio operators, it actually explains what the radio functions in the menu do (ex. actual explains the BCL utility). This bit of detail was lacking in the UV-5R product line (though more support sites exist for that model.)
Also, this UV-82 series has two PTT buttons, so you can set it up to monitor two repeaters on A/B, selectively scan those stations and unlike the UV-5R, don't have to hit the A/B button switch between frequencies.
Moving on, there are some issues I have with the UV-82 radio;
As stated, the reception is very good, but it's super sensitive on some FM frequencies (especially on FM Radio RX, I live right down the mountain from a FM station and it picks up a frequency click, while the UV-5R does not). One reviewer rightly tagged it for having some harmonics issues.
1) You lose the VFO/M button. With this system, you have to hold the menu button and turn the unit on and off to switch between frequency and memory. While a bit annoying, it wasn't hard to get used to.
2) Unlike the UV-5R series, the UV-82 doesn't sit well on a flat surface. The radio's own base could be better.
3) The charging base is a bit lacking, you almost have to angle the radio right to fit it in the slot so that it starts to charge.
Han'sHam site has a fix here for the base: [...]
Product experts abound on the internet: but the UV-82 has a fairly small knowledge base compared to the tried and true UV-5R and it's steady cousin the B5. Before you buy, contact Martyn at Radio Mart to see if this is a good fit for you, he knows more about these radios than most and you can call him on the phone. He also sponsors the UV-82 Yahoo support group.
All and all - I wouldn't give up the UV-5R yet if you plan on switching it out for a UV-82, it's done right by me and it suits most of my needs. I do like this UV-82 though and most likely will get another antennae for it soon.
However: all and all, it's a performer, significantly more noticeable power than the previous series, very good sound and excellent reception.
About the BATTERY:When compared to 'Normal' UV82 BL8 battery
1 The metal lock tabs are improperly located
2 Extra plastic at top of battery
3 Extra tab at bottom of battery
4 Charge locator slots on base of battery different
NOTE,while different,this radio is very good and I LIKE IT, it is just not the same battery or charger as the rest of the UV82 series..
It is still 5 stars.