4 Year PC Peripheral Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers failures due to power surge and other mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Shipping included on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card reimbursement for your product purchase price.
- Plan term and select coverage begins date of purchase and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty. All other coverage begins after the manufacturer's warranty expires. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 24 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
BaoFeng UV-82HP High Power Dual Band Radio: 136-174mhz (VHF) 400-520mhz (UHF) Amateur (Ham) Portable Two-Way
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Baofeng Tech is the only authorized USA Baofeng Distributor to honor the Manufacturer Warranty. Only Baofeng Tech offers warranty claims without shipping anything to China. You must insure that Baofeng Tech is your selected buying option when buying to be able to have the full USA warranty
- High / Med / Low Power Settings (7W/4W/1W); Frequency Range: 65-108 MHz(Only commercial FM radio reception) VHF: 136-174 MHz(Rx/Tx). UHF: 400-520 MHz(Rx/Tx); Broad (Wide) / Narrowband (Narrow) Selectable
- Helpful BaoFeng Guides and Programming Tips at BaoFengTech.com and Miklor.com
- Dual-band handheld transceiver with display function menu on the display "LCD". Function Busy Channel Lock "BCLO".
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
High Output 7 Watt UV-82HP
The UV-82HP is the second generation of the classic UV-82 Series. Some new features found in the UV-82HP are the three selectable power levels (Low - 1 watt, Medium - 5 watt, High- 7 watt) allowing for a high-output of seven watts.
What Makes it Unique?
It has 3 Power Levels (1, 5, 7 watt).
VFO/ MR (Frequency Mode) can be locked via software.
The Dual Push-to-Talk Switch can be synchronized via software to simplify operation of the radio.
A new 80 Page In-Depth User's Guide.
It includes the High Gain V-85 Antenna to Optimize Performance.
Full Accessory Compatibility with all UV-82 accessories.
Multiple Tone Burst Options on a new user menu. Selectable Tone Burst Options Include: 1000hz, 1450hz, 1750hz, 2100hz.
Customize Your Operation With Channels, Programmable Buttons, And More.
You can program your UV-82HP exactly how you want it. There are 128 programmable memory channels. You can add or remove channels from scanning list using the free computer software. You can give channels alphanumeric names, using a computer. The radio has 3 power levels (7 watt maximum), allowing you to choose how far you can communicate. You can set VFO limits using the CHIRP software. You can easily program the radio from the keypad and programming from a PC allows even more options to set-up your radio to operate exactly as needed.
Frequency range: [TX] 136 - 174MHz, 400 - 520MHz, [RX] 136 - 174MHz, 400 - 520MHz, 68-108MHz (FM Broadcast).
What's in the box:
UV-82HP Radio Body, 1800mAh Battery, High Gain Antenna, Earpiece with Remote Mic, Desktop Charger, 120 volt AC Adapter, Belt Clip, Wrist Strap.
- Output power: 7W / 5W / 1W
- Selectable Dual or Single Push-to-Talk
- Frequency (VFO) Lockout Option
- Battery: 1800 mAh
- 128 User Channels
- Frequency step: 2.5, 5, 6.25, 10, 12.5, 20, 25, 30 and 50KHz
- Channel Spacing: 25KHz (wide band) or 12.5KHz (narrow band)
- Antenna Connector: SMA-Female
- Accessory Connector: Kenwood 2 Pin Standard
- Speaker Audio Output: 1000mW (1 watt)
BaoFeng UV-82HP Additional Highlights and Features
Dual or Single Push-to-Talk Selectable
The UV-82 Series come with a dual push-to-talk button. The dual PTT allows you to transmit on two frequencies by the use of the rocker push-to-talk switch. By pressing 'up' you can transmit on 'Frequency A' and by pushing down you can transmit on 'Frequency B'.
Frequency A or B can also be used as a scanner of channels, frequencies, CTCSS and DTS tones.
Note: The BaoFeng UV-82HP allows you to synchronize the PTT button to re-enable a single Push-to-Talk switch. This simplifies the use for those who require only one frequency to talk on.
See the Full Comparison Chart
Click the image to zoom and compare the UV-82HP to other BaoFeng Models.
The UV-82HP is a major update to the previous UV-82 model with firmware, hardware, and even packing upgrades (including a US Based Warranty program and support manual).
There are a variety of BaoFengs models in existence, but generally no differences exist. Some models are even re-manufactured units.
No matter the model number BaoFeng radios are based on one of these chipsets.
The UV-82HP is a upgrade from the UV-82 and UV-5R series with the addition of features, power levels, and the updated chipset revision that supports the High Power.
The UV-82HP also includes: External Accessory Compatibility, FM Radio, Flashlight, Emergency Alarm.
The UV-82HP has one built-in receiver but can 'watch' two channels/frequencies (semi duplex). The UV-82HP will monitor both frequencies giving priority to the first station to receive an incoming call.
The UV-82HP supports CTCSS, DCS, and DTMF calling methods. Tone calling (private line) is required by most repeater applications and the UV-82HP supports the latest standards.
The UV-82HP can send DTMF tones. This allows for sending ANI (Caller ID) or remote commands that require DTMF tones.
The UV-82HP is able to Transmit on Narrowband (12.5kHz) and Wideband (25kHz).
BaoFeng UV-82 Series Radio
The UV-82 series is BaoFeng's most commercialized radio series. Compared to the UV-5R and other previous series; the UV-82 radios come with a much louder speaker (1 watt), while other current BaoFeng radios use a 700mW speaker.
The UV-82 series radios also have a more solid case that employ larger buttons as well compared to the previous BaoFeng series. The UV-82HP uses the latest BaoFeng chipset and PCB board that outperforms the range, accuracy, and output of the previous BaoFeng chipsets.
It is not simply a remake but a new radio from the ground up.
|UV-82HP, High Power||UV-82C, Commercial||UV-5X3, Tribander Model||BF-F8HP, High Power||BF-F8+ Series (GT-3, 997-S)||UV-5R Series (v2+, 5RA, 5R+, 6R)|
|Output||7 Watt Max||5 Watt Max||5 Watt Max||8 Watt Max||4-5 Watt Max||4-5 Watt Max|
|Speaker Output||1 Watt||1 Watt||1 Watt||700mw||700mw||700mw|
|Frequency Range (mhz)||VHF (136-174), UHF (400-520)||VHF (136-174), UHF (400-520)||VHF (130-179.99), 1.25M (222-225.99), UHF (400-520.99)||VHF (136-174), UHF (400-520)||VHF (136-174), UHF (400-520)||VHF (136-174), UHF (400-520)|
|Case Durability||Commercial Case||Commercial Case||Commercial Case||Commuter Case||Commuter Case||Commuter Case|
|Push-to-Talk: Single, Dual, or Both||Both||Both||Single||Single||Single||Single|
|Disable VFO (Frequency)||✓||✓|
|Compared to UV-5R and UV-5RA||Completely Upgraded||Completely Upgraded||Completely Upgraded||Upgraded Power and Features||Display is Inverted||Original|
|FCC Part 90 Licensed and Compliant for Commercial Applications||✓|
|BaoFeng Tech Concierge Support||✓||✓||✓||✓|