Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "BaoFeng UV-82L Two Way Radio (Black)” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 10% off the $31.32 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
BaoFeng UV-82L Two Way Radio (Black)
|Sale:||$30.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
|You Save:||$6.00 (16%)|
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Frequency Range: 136-174 and 400-520MHz, Dual Band, Dual Display, Dual Frequency, Dual Standby
- A/B band independent operation, 128 groups channels storage, Shortcut menu operation mode
- VFO and Memory channels scan, Emergency Alarm, Tri-color background light selectable
- 0~9 grades VOX selectable, PTT and ANI ID, FM radio and 25 stations storage, 1750Hz Brust, Time-out Timer
- Channel Monitor, Battery Saver, Keypad Lock, Channel Step: 2.5/5/6.25/10/12.5/25KHz, Low Battery Alert, ROGER SET, Emergency Alert
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- Size (LWH): 2.36 inches, 2.05 inches, 11.26 inches
- Weight: 1.18 pounds
Compare to Similar Items
This item: BaoFeng UV-82L Two Way Radio (Black)
Baofeng UV-82 Two-Way Radio (Black) B00E4KLY34
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Sanatop||Boom Shop||BaoFeng Tech||SAINSTORE INC.|
|Dimensions||11.26 inches x 2.36 inches x 2.05 inches||11.26 inches x 2.36 inches x 2.05 inches||7 inches x 2.5 inches x 8.1 inches||2.5 inches x 11 inches x 7 inches|
|Item Package Weight||1.3 pounds||1 pounds||1.2 pounds||2.24 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
Anyone familiar with the UV-5R will feel at home with this radio. It is about 1 inch taller than the UV-5R, but about the same on the other dimensions. Everyone still has the same complaints about low modulation with this radio as its predecessor, but if you speak loudly right into the mic it helps. Like its predecessor, this radio has 128 memory banks and 7 characters for channel names.
Upgrades from the UV-5R include a brighter flashlight with a narrower throw from a parabolic mirror. Also, the radio plays a short beep when a carrier drops to let you know that the frequency is idle. Reception may be slightly more sensitive, but transmission seems the same as the old UV-5R. This isn't stellar but great for the price. This radio features a separate A and B transmit button, which helps from getting confused and transmitting on the wrong VFO. The volume knob has more resistance to turning than the UV-5R which gives it a more finished feel. Buttons are quite a bit larger, and easier to press with large fingers. There are two transmit buttons on this version for transmitting on either A or B. Overall, this radio is very similar to the UV-5R but a more sturdy build.
Baofengs are all very difficult to program on the radio alone. Buy a cable and get programming software. RT Systems has the best cable and software, but it costs more than the radio itself. If you don't want to spend the money for RT, use Chirp and a cheap cable.
Tip to avoid frustration: There is no memory/VFO button on this radio. To switch between VFO and memory modes, turn the radio on with MENU button depressed. This is not in the instruction manual, and is different from prior Baofeng versions.
1. First a word about the uv-82L battery, Some advertise it as a it is the same as the 82. The 82L battery is really 7.4V/1800mAh.
2. Tested 2M and 70cm at ARRL 2014 Hamvention booth this weekend and 2nd order harmonic level is -52.44dBm and -49dBm for 2 and 70 respectively. The ARRL testers told me BaoFeng usually fails the FCC test (but by only 0.36 dBm).
3. Measured output is 5W and 4W on 2 and 70 respectively - good news
4. Programming issues. I purchased RT-Systems programming software at the show (great software and cable) - found the BaoFeng menu channel display does not display the actual values for offsets after being programmed (was told when using the BaoFeng's menu to review the channel values, the values default and don't display the correct programmed values - but that is not entirely true. Most menu displayed values were valid but some (like offset and ToneSq) were not displayed correctly. Bottom line is use caution if programming the BaoFeng without the software - use the software and don't use the BaoFeng memu to program the channel memory. Using the menu to program the freq values seems ok.
5. The included stub antenna had a hard time picking up the DARA repeater even at the show. When changed antennas to the Nagoya NA-771 signal level greatly improved.
6. Supplied ear piece mike combination is very nice; I specially like the ability to select the A/B freq from the mike. Oh the A/B switch is not a band switch; it is a freq switch. The A/B allows toggeling between 2 freqs.
7. The FM radio is decent and when a Ham freq being monitored becomes active, the FM radio drops out and the Ham freq is active again. Nice.
8. On the receiver, I noticed a little inter-mod at the Hamvention (a lot of signals nearby).Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
They unit arrived swiftly. Works well. Unfortunately the antenna was not in the box.
Fortunately I had ordered a Nagoya 701 as a replacement anyway but still it is a bit... Read more
This is a good $30 radio. It is not a $110-$150. Keep in mind you are getting what you pay for, but my signal reports within 5-10 miles of the repeater are 5-9. Read morePublished 1 month ago by NMartin
Product does exactly what it says it will. We use them on our fire department because they don't have the static that our other radios do.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
Great radios. Have purchased several times from this sellerPublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
Great Model. I have two, one given to ham club. The programming cable and software is garbage. Get together with friends and buy RT systems cable and use freeware.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
very complicated to program software does not work with it very disappointedPublished 2 months ago by Robert A. Dampdio
I've bought 6 of theese radios and they are by far the best bang for thexample buck.Published 2 months ago by Anthony J Edgar