Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Baofeng USB Programming Cable for Baofeng Two way Radio UV-5R, BF-888S,BF-F8+ With Driver CD
|Price:||$10.72 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details|
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Allows to hookup to PC for Radio Programming
- Easy to use, Compatible with most radios with 2-pin Mic Connector
- Affordable Price
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
- Size (LWH): 4.5 inches, 4.2 inches, 0.5 inches
- Weight: 1.6 ounces
Programming Cable Support Windows 7, 64 Bit
Original Baofeng Programming Cable for Two Way Radio Used for Baofeng UV-5R/5RA/5R Plus/5RE, UV3R Plus, BF-888S, BF-F8+, BF-F9+, GT-3, GT-5
1. Kenwood handheld Radio:TK-240, TK-250, TK-255, TK-260, TK-260G, TK-270, TK-270G, TK-272G, TK-278, TK-278G, TK-340, TK-349, TK-350, TK-353, TK-360, TK-360G, TK-370, TK-370G, TK-373G, TK-378, TK-378G, TK-430, TK-431, TK-715, TK-2100, TK-2102, TK-2107, TK-2118, TK-2160, TK-3100, TK-3101, TK-3102, TK-3107, TK-3118, TK-3160.
2: Linton handheld Radio:LT-2288, LT-3288, LT-6288, LT-5288, LT-3188, LT-2188, LT-3260, LT-2268, LT-3268 ,LT-6188.
3:PUXING handheld Radio :PX-777, PX-666, PX-3288, PX-888.
Top Customer Reviews
First let me say that before I correctly installed the proper driver first, plugging the Cable into the Radio & the PC would put the Baofeng UV-5R into Transmit mode, and cause my PC to shut down. Here is how you fix that!
Important: DO NOT plug in the cable to the radio until you get the driver installed. This may cause an excessive power demand from your PC's USB port and cause shut down or damage.
Here is the quick & easy way to install a working driver that is already inside of Windows.
Plug in the USB Radio Cable to your PC only.
Wait for Windows to recognize the new device. (If Windows does not recognize device, go to Device Manager to configure USB Cable driver.)
When asked for a driver/location select Install Driver Manually.
Select HAVE DISC button.
For the TYPE of device scroll down & select PORTS
For the driver manufacturer scroll down & select PROLIFIC
(The USB Serial GPS should be selected on right half of window.)
Windows will give you a warning about the driver, just ignore and continue.
Make sure you look to remember which Port it used. (Ex. COM7)
If you forget which Port is used, you can bring up Device Manager to find the device & port.
If you install Chirp software, you will need to configure it for the Baofeng UV-5R. Make sure you select the correct Port# or it will not find your radio. It will also give you a warning about Baofeng compatibility, just ignore that and continue to "clone" the information from your radio into Chirp software.
When the radio is SENDING information to the software app, the light on the radio will blink RED.
When the radio is RECEIVING information from the software app, the light will blink GREEN.
Below is an alternate method for installing the software that came on the mini CD-ROM disc.
Okay folks...I had the similar problems of not being able to install the driver, nor the WIN7 OS being able to assign a correct one so here is what I did to make it work - EASY!
1. Insert the small drivers disc into your CD-ROM/DVD-ROM.
2. Navigate to the root directory and you will see the Folder "M_K"
3. Go inside the "M_K" folder and you will see a folder named "USB"
4. Go inside the USB folder and you will see another folder named "新版驱动"
Example: F:\M_K\USB\新版驱动 (where "F:" is your CD/DVD drive.)
5. Inside the folder named "新版驱动" you will see a file named:
6. Copy that file to a temporary folder somewhere on your hard drive (C:)
7. You can now run the file without it crashing!
8. The installation should go without any issues and report that the USB driver has been installed correctly.
For some reason, the file is not able to run from the root directory on the mini CD-ROM, and needs to be copied to your computer to run.
You may also want to right-click ("I said, RIGHT-CLICK!") and select "Run as Administrator" if there are problems. I didn't have any, but I am logged on as Administrator of my machine and only have one logon account for this machine.
Please gimme a thumbs up by clicking the "this helped me out" button below!
The UV5R radio turned out to be an excellent radio (NOT ALL are, some on our local repeater sound terrible, Baofeng QC isn't very good), but when the radio and cable arrived I discovered that the cable has the FAKE Prolific chip in it. I had to do some research and found instructions on the Miklor dot com web site along with the OLD Prolific driver I needed to make the cable work. Got the radio programmed. But when the computer (Windows 7) updated drivers it also updated the Prolific driver and the next time I wanted to program the radio I had to go through it all again!
Last week I ordered a REAL FTDI programming cable for the radio and it's due to arrive Thursday. Yes, money is tight, but I'm in my '70s and life is just to short to fight fake cables and driver problems.
Installing the Proper Older Prolific PL-2303 Driver 18.104.22.168 System Requires 32/64 bit Windows Vista / 7 / 8 / 10 (you can find this by searching bingDOTcom
1) Create a new work Folder on your PC.
2) Download the Prolific 22.214.171.124 driver file and save it to the work folder.
126.96.36.199 Site1 188.8.131.52 Site2 (32/64 bit)
3) Remove the USB programming cable from your PC.
4) Double-click the file that was saved into the work folder and follow the prompts until it is completely installed.
5) Plug the USB programming cable into the USB port of your PC. You should see a balloon popup that says "Installing device driver software"
A few seconds later you will get a balloon popup that says "Device driver software was not successfully installed"
6) Launch Device Manager. [ Start | Right-click Computer | Properties | Device Manager ]
You will see one of the following errors in Device Manager. In 'Other Devices' the 'USB-Serial Controller' is proceeded by a YELLOW warning.
OR In 'Ports (COM & LPT)' the 'Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port (COMx)' is proceeded by a YELLOW warning.
7) Right-click on the entry with the error to open a window and select "Update driver software..."
8) At the first Update Driver Software prompt, select "Browse my computer for driver software".
9) At the second Update Driver Software prompt, select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
10) At the third Update Driver Software prompt, scroll down and select "Ports (COM & LPT)".
11) At the fourth Update Driver Software prompt, select "Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port Version: 184.108.40.206 [7/31/2007]".
You should get a prompt saying that the driver was installed successfully. You should now see a properly installed Prolific driver in Device Manger
I hope this helps,