4-Year Appliance Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Baratza Sette 270 - Conical Burr (with Grounds Bin and built-in PortaHolder)
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- GEAR BOX & BREWING: Using a combination planetary gear box and a patented crown gear drive system, we achieve a 19:1 speed reduction. The Sette 270 is exceptional for all brewing methods, from espresso to manual brew. A powerful, high torque DC motor drives the Sette. The circuitry is equipped with an automatically resetting, thermal cutoff switch.
- BURRS: Manufactured in Liechtenstein, the 40 mm conical burrs grind coffee at 3.5g to 5.5 g/sec. depending on the setting. These burrs can do a very uniform grind, with a distinct lack of fines across its grinding range. These conical burrs are durable and will remain sharp for many years. The mechanism provides for precision burr alignment ensuring accurate grinding.
- DIGITAL CONTROLS: The front mounted control panel with backlit LED display is user friendly. Three programmable buttons allow for grind time setting within 0.1 second. Simply press the start button and the Sette automatically delivers precise dosing. The hopper holds approximately 300-400g of coffee. An innovative bean shutoff feature in the collar permits no-mess, no-fuss hopper removal for changing out beans.
- GRIND ADJUSTMENT: The Sette has a macro adjust of 30 steps, grinding from espresso to manual brew. A stepless micro adjust with 9 indicators, allows the user to accurately dial in a perfect espresso. The macro/micro mechanism is directly connected to the cone burr resulting in immediate and true grind adjustment. To maximize freshness, the Sette minimizes the ground coffee left in the grinder.
- CONVERTIBLE DEVICE HOLDER: A built-in convertible holder allows you to grind directly into your portafilter, the supplied grounds bin, or most of the popular brewing devices - Hario, Clever, Able Kone, Aeropress - a standout feature amongst all other home grinders. The Sette's grounds bin is made from an anti-static plastic, with a moulded spout for easy pouring into your preferred brewing device.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Baratza 586 Baratza Virtuoso Coffee Grinder
Baratza Encore Conical Burr Coffee Grinder
Baratza Sette 270W - Conical Burr (with Grounds Bin and built-in PortaHolder)
Rancilio HSD-ROC-SD Rocky Espresso Coffee Grinder
Baratza Forte AP (All-Purpose) - Flat Ceramic Burr Coffee and Espresso Grinder (with PortaHolder and Bin)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Barista Lab||Visions Espresso Service, Inc||Peppercorn||Seattle Coffee Gear||Seattle Coffee Gear||GSQ LLC|
|Item Dimensions||9.45 x 5.12 x 14.96 in||2.56 x 5.91 x 5.31 in||4.72 x 6.29 x 13.77 in||9.45 x 5.12 x 14.96 in||4.7 x 9.8 x 13.8 in||5.2 x 7.2 x 14 in|
|Item Weight||7.05 lbs||7.15 lbs||6.83 lbs||7.05 lbs||15.4 lbs||13 lbs|
|Material Type||—||Brushed satin metal, Black plastic||Stainless Steel||—||Stainless Steel||—|
We are excited to introduce this new conical burr series that debuts a revolutionary new grinding technology. Designed and perfected in Liechtenstein over a period of 8 years, this technology sets a new standard in simplicity, efficiency, and durability. This new mechanism has the outer burr rotate and the inner burr is fixed, a truly revolutionary design. The design of this mechanism doubles the efficiency of similarly sized grinders. Coffee passes straight thru the grinder, vertically, and drops directly into the grounds bin or your portafilter. The Sette has a macro/micro adjust for grind size, as well as 3 programmable settings for dosing. These combined features offers the user incredible repeatability. A built-in convertible holder allows you to grind directly into your portafilter, the supplied grounds bin, or most of the popular brewing devices (Hario, Clever, Able Kone, Aeropress) – a standout feature amongst all other home grinders.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) The inner burr is not cleaned well out of the factory. There were considerable shards of metal bits that needed to be scraped off with a brush. Note, it is highly unlikely to make it into your coffee since most methods of making coffee would filter these out. However given the supposed quality of this product, I would expect a bit more effort. (-1, not cool)
2) The inner burr does not sit in place consistently after removals when cleaning. Whenever the inner burr is removed, the coarseness setting always needs to be changed to something slightly different. Making it an annoyance to clean and write down grind settings.
3) The manual implies that out of the box the grinder should allow for a nice range of grind settings, as one would expect. However on the smaller end, for espresso grinds, it never reached a size that would allow use with a Capresso EC Pro's bottomless porta-filter. I had to make use of the shims it came with to get it down to a grind size that finally worked.
4) Very Loud
After some use it seems there are nooks and crannies where the coffee gets stuck and is very difficult to remove, so if your burr head doesn't adjust all the way to the left, thats the cause. Just use a toothpick to clean it. As most people mention the head is very inconsistent when you turn up the grind size.
Otherwise, not too bad for the price. There are definitely better options so keep looking!
It is now just terrible as any remnants of grind consistency has vanished. Dont buy this.
I set a few timers, and based on coffee freshness amd grind size, just gotta pick one. It’s very convenient when I have to make several drinks.
It’s a little noisy as others have noted, but it’s relatively fast so it’s all good.
So far, I love it. I like how I could put the portafilter in and don’t need to hold it during grinding. And I like how the grinds fall straight down so I don’t need to shake, tap, or tilt the grinder to get the last of the grinds.
For this price range, it seems to be the best choice.
Update: Warranty process was painless. Sent Baratza an e-mail and they had a new grinder shipped out within a day with a RMA label to send the broken one back. The new grinder I received has an updated adjustment cone with dots at certain measurement points, hopefully they've addressed other issues as well.