4-Year Small Appliance Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- What's Covered: mechanical and electrical failures during normal use, 100% parts and labor
- Get fast repairs or replacements from SquareTrade, an Allstate company
- 24/7 customer support, free shipping for all repairs, no deductibles or hidden fees
- Cancel anytime, full refund in first 30 days, fully transferable with gifts
- SquareTrade Protection Plans are only valid for new or Amazon certified refurbished products purchased at Amazon in the last 30 days. By purchasing this Protection Plan you agree to the Protection Plan Terms & Conditions (http://www.squaretrade.com/terms-standard). Your Protection Plan Terms & Conditions will be delivered via email within 24 hours of purchase
Baratza Sette 30 Conical Burr Grinder
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- AWARD WINNING GRINDERS - Baratza grinders are preferred by Speciality Coffee professionals.
- ENTRY LEVEL ESPRESSO GRINDER - Also capable of grinding for manual brewing methods requiring a finer grind (eg Aeropress, Hario V60).
- DIGITAL TIMER - With resolution to .1 of a second, giving you precise control over how much coffee you use.
- 30 GRIND SETTINGS - User friendly grind adjustment. High speed grinding up to 5g/second and minimal retention in the innovative straight-thru grind mechanism.
- QUALITY PARTS - Built with the quality parts the industry has come to expect, including burrs manufactured in Europe, the Sette 30 is backed by Baratza’s world class support.
Frequently bought together
Customers also shopped for
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
The Baratza Sette 30 AP Conical Burr Grinder is Baratza's newly released entry-level grinder for the home espresso enthusiast. It features the same straight-through design and stainless steel "AP" burr assembly that earned the upscale Sette 270W the "Best New Product" award at the 2016 SCAA show. The Sette 30 AP is specifically tuned for espresso, though it will also produce exceptionally consistent grind sizes through the medium-fine range, making it suitable for manual methods like the AeroPress and cone-shaped pour-over kettles such as the Hario V60. Baratza's innovative grinding mechanism works by rotating the outer burr while the inner burr remains fixed. This unique action, along with the precise alignment of the 40mm conical burrs, produces a highly consistent grind with minimal fines, and an impressive output of 3 to 5.5 grams per second. We also can't say enough about the efficient, straight-through design that leaves virtually no grinds behind. And when it is time to brush out, there is really easy access to the grind chamber, and burrs lift out easily by hand. The 30-setting macro adjust allows you to pinpoint the ideal grind size, and the backlit LCD display features a digital timer for precise dose control. The Baratza's unique adjustable device arms will accommodate your portafilter, many popular brewing devices, or the included low-static grounds bin. Backed by Baratza's 1-year warranty. Measures 5" l x 9.4" w x 15" h. All Baratza burr grinders include a quick-start guide and web address for a dowloadable full owner's manual. Features of the Baratza Sette 30 AP Conical Burr Grinder include:Revolutionary mechanism for highly efficient grinding with minimal finesCalibrated for home espresso and finer-grind manual methods (such as AeroPress and Hario V60)Control panel with backlit LCD display and digital timer for precise dose controlEuropean made, 40 mm
Showing 1-8 of 28 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Grounds are consistent and capable of choking my machine even at a setting of 9 (out of 31). At an 11 with 4 seconds grind time, I'm getting ~20 grams that are near perfect for my machine. I'm very pleased.
Lastly, the noise level isn't as bad as I was expecting. Sure, it's a little loud but not as bad as I was led to believe. Great product initially. Who knows long term.
My daily routine with a blade grinder: Insert earplugs. Add beans, carefully measured. Grind for 15-20 seconds. Scoop out grounds into my Aeropress. Clean the grind chamber and the scoop.
New routine with Sette: Grind beans for 4 seconds, directly into Aeropress.
Other advantages: It's easy to remove the hopper without spilling, it has a lever & shutter assembly to close it off. It's also easy to remove the burr for cleaning, it unscrews from bottom by twisting past the coarsest grind setting.
The only reason this is a 4 star review instead of 5: It's SO easy to remove the burr that you could do it unintentionally, by twisting too far past the coarsest setting. And if you haven't first removed the hopper - or at least closed the shutter - it will quickly empty itself all over the kitchen counter. Hilarious - especially if your wife is watching - but probably just good for laughs ONCE.
Grinds a lot more consistent than old unit & the straight thru grinding is AMAZING! Didn't think such fluffy grounds were possible at this price range, there is absolutely zero clumping which was a problem before.
I've gone thru 2-3 bags of coffee already, mostly espresso blends but have ground some single origins for V60 pour-over with great results!
Another plus of straight through grinding is virtually zero grind retention. I weigh my grinds all the time and noticed when I leave it for espresso at the time setting I set has a +/- 0.5 gram difference. Old grinder would fluctuate by 2-3 grams due to old grinds. Cleaning is a breeze.
Could go on & on but it's simply the best grinder for the money to use with a single boiler espresso machine!