Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
About Barb Drozdowich
She is the author of 15 books and over 40 YouTube videos all focused on helping authors and bloggers. Barb lives in the mountains of British Columbia with her family.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Books By Barb Drozdowich
Do you want to find more readers for your book?
Do you feel uncertain about the technology or what to blog about?
Technical trainer Barb Drozdowich has been blogging for the better part of a decade & knows what authors need.
Finding readers is the key to success. One of the best ways to connect with these readers is through the establishment of a blog - one that isn’t just a billboard for sales & releases, but a method for establishing long term relationships with readers.
In award winning Blogging for Authors, Barb teaches not just how to set up a blog but how to turn it into a powerful tool of communication with readers. She brings several decades of teaching experience to help even the beginner author.
In this book you’ll discover:
- How blogging can help with communication with readers
- How to create powerful topics to blog about that generate shareable content
- How to create optimized blog posts that will get people talking
- How to protect & backup your content to keep your site safe for years to come
Through a series of free tools & helpful hints, Blogging for Authors helps you choose the right platform, understand the technical aspects & get started today.
If you like an easy to understand book that cuts through the technobabble that exists in many tech manuals, this book is for you!
Pick up this great deal today & start connecting with readers right away.
When confronted with the confusing, multifaceted world of publishing, many authors make the assumption they aren't capable of self-publishing - nothing could be further from the truth!
Sadly, many authors get taken advantage of by unscrupulous "self-publishing" companies because they don't really understand the process of publishing a book and therefore, what they are purchasing.
Barb Drozdowich has worked with non-technical authors for years & understands how to break complex topics down using non-technical language. She has self-published 16 books and understands all of the various iterations of publishing. She can cut through all the technobabble & teach you what you need to know to successfully self-publish your book.
Here's some of the topics you will learn from this book:
- You will learn about editing and how to find an editor
- You will learn about ISBNs and where to get one appropriate for your nationality
- You will learn about formatting and book structure
- You will learn about where you can sell your book, how to set up the various retailer accounts and how to get paid
- You will learn about book files and book structure
- You will learn what real numbers tell us about book sales
- You will learn what to look for in a self-publishing company if that is the route you choose to go
- You will have access to 47 pages of appendix material, complete with a glossary, articles for further reading, lists of helpful videos, lists of distributors and much more
"How to Self-Publish a Book" is perfect for authors who have finished a wonderfully creative story, but are intimidated by the next steps. Is an editor really needed? How to create a book cover. What the heck are "file types?" How to move forward when you are neither a master of Microsoft Word or capable of understanding some of the complicated instructions found on-line.
Self-publishing is much more straight-forward than many experts would lead you to believe and Barb is the perfect person to explain it to you.
Her books have been described as: "down-to-earth, practical & just thorough-enough explanations," "excellent primer," and "well thought out and well organized."
Don't let your struggles with technology hold you back from self-publishing. Let Barb help you to learn the language and move forward into the self-publishing world with confidence.
Pick up a copy today!
Authors, tired of wasting valuable writing time?!
· Have no idea what to do with a blog, website, social media or newsletter?
· Dread the thought of learning more technology?
· Feel like you’re drowning in a technology swamp?
Let award winning technical trainer Barb Drozdowich save you time!
Why is Barb’s book different from all the others?
· Author Experience: Barb has worked side-by-side with authors just like you.
· Barb is a teacher. She can break down dry, complex subjects into easy to learn bites without the technobabble.
· Publishing Expertise. Who better learn from than someone that’s already completed the publishing journey?
Don’t just take it from Barb. Listen to what other authors have to say.
- “This is a book that is integral for any author who is beginning to move from dreamer to published” ~C.A. Lawrence
- “The book is straightforward, easy to understand, and answers all the questions you possibly have or will have.” ~ Jane
- “Barb writes from the heart & from hard won experience – ride on her back and get started on your journey to success.” ~James Minter
To help you save time, Barb will teach you the critical details on:
- How to set up your blogging platform
- How to optimize and secure your website
- How to create content and the learn the basics of networking with readers
- Establish an on-line presence for your author brand.
** And much, much more!
The Author's On-Line Presence, is a simple, straight forward guide to help aspiring authors, or someone struggling to create a robust marketing platform save time.
If you are looking for an easy to follow guide that helps with conquering that technical swamp, Barb’s book is it!
Buy a copy today and walk confidently into the world of book marketing.
Book Blogging - One of the Best Hobbies in the World!
Join thousands of book bloggers in expressing your joy of reading!
Are you a book blogger or do you want to be one? Are you having trouble handling the technical details of blogging? The Book Blogger Platform is a "user manual" that answers all of your blogging questions. A book written by a book blogger for book bloggers!
The Book Blogger Platform covers topics such as:
- Essential content of a book blog.
- Common features hosted by book bloggers.
- Social media essentials related to a book blogger platform.
- Over 25 videos that simplify blogging technical issues
- ”...and many more subjects!
˃˃˃ *** Extra feature - this book contains a coupon link for 50% off WordPress for Beginners, an on-line course
If you are tired of always asking other bloggers questions -
Pick up a copy today and approach blogging with confidence!
Is a broken mailing list holding back your author career? Discover how to transform your marketing and attract dedicated readers.
Does emailing your subscribers feel like shouting into the void? Are you struggling to come up with newsletter ideas that resonate with readers? Author consultant Barb Drozdowich has spent decades teaching writers how to navigate the technological pitfalls of publishing. Now, she’s here to help you master your mailing list.
The Complete Mailing List Toolkit provides a holistic approach to reader engagement through the power of direct communication. This bundle of four essential books provides strategies for list building and step-by-step guidelines for creating content that turns readers into lifelong fans. Through a series of easy-to-follow explanations, you’ll finally discover how to optimize your use of MailChimp and revolutionize your author platform.
In The Complete Mailing List Toolkit, you’ll discover:
- How to create attractive newsletters your readers will eagerly anticipate
- How to troubleshoot deliverability issues so you can reach more readers
- How to understand and measure open and click rates to gauge your success
- How to tailor your message to meet the needs of your unique audience
- Why quality engagement matters more than subscriber quantity, and much, much more!
The Complete Mailing List Toolkit is your how-to guide for mastering email outreach and connecting with more fans. If you like practical solutions, down-to-earth explanations, and empowering guidance from an industry expert, then you’ll love Barb Drozdowich’s career-changing box set.
Buy the box set today to jumpstart a new phase of your author career!
Do you feel out of your comfort zone when dealing with Book Bloggers?
If book bloggers are the new gatekeepers to 'book publishing success,' do you wonder how you can tap into that source of free promotions?
How you can move comfortably into that world, putting your best foot forward? How can you introduce yourself to these coveted bloggers so that they want to reward you with free promotions?
Look no further, because The Author's Guide to Working with Book Bloggers combines the advice of over two-hundred bloggers, covering all aspects of communication between authors and review blogs.
Whether you are a new author, or have many titles under your belt, let The Author's Guide to Working with Book Bloggers demystify the promotion of your book. You'll learn about whom and where book bloggers are, as well as these essential promotional tools:
* The Query
* The Review
* The Giveaway
* The Guest Post
* The Book Blurb Excerpt
* The Cover Reveal
* ...and more!
Start your journey to publishing success today!
Do you want to target bloggers but don’t know where to find them?
Learn how to find quality bloggers to not only review your book, but also help you build buzz for your book.
Many authors are highly creative people who excel in storytelling but struggle with the marketing aspect of publishing a book. New vocabulary, not very technical, unfamiliar with the online world – all these things are a source of stress for many authors.
Barb has worked in the blogging world for upwards of 10 years as a blogger as well as an author. She has conducted the largest surveys of bloggers to date and her background as a technical trainer makes her good at explaining technical subjects – especially ones that relate to the blogging world.
In this book you will learn:
- How to identify quality blogger/reviewers
- The language of the blogging world
- How to develop realistic expectations
If you are new to the publishing world or if you are struggling to understand how to source out free reviews of your new book, this book will get your feet wet and help you along your journey to understanding more about the book blogger and book reviewer world.
Pick up a copy today and get started learning about the world of book reviewers.
Author Consultant Barb Drozdowich, turns her sights to explaining email deliverability in this ground-breaking book. She tackles the topics than many experts gloss over and takes them to level that anyone can understand.
Get Your Emails Delivered attacks subjects such as:
- What are Spam filters and firewalls and why should you care?
- What are open rates and click rates and what are some easy steps to increase them?
- How can you increase reader engagement with your newsletter
Get Your Emails Delivered is book 3 of a 4-book box set entitled The Complete Mailing List Toolkit. This box set takes a holistic approach to the subject of communicating with readers.
Pick up this book, or the whole box set and let Barb share her extensive knowledge of communicating with readers with you. Let this book make a difference in your understanding today!
Do you need to connect with readers but find you waste valuable writing time trying to figure out Goodreads?
Many authors struggle to master the Goodreads site and many will give up before tapping its true potential. Don’t let this happen to you. With 50 million account holders and almost 8,000 book clubs from every country in the world, this site should be part of every author’s platform.
Technical trainer Barb Drozdowich brings decades of teaching experience and breaks down this “Reader Heaven” into understandable sections. By using a combination of a how-to book and an easy-to-follow video demonstration course she provides clear instruction for every type of learner!
Feedback from authors just like you…
"I found this book very helpful in giving me an overview of Goodreads and the paths by which to navigate what had long been a deep forest into which I dare not venture." ~ Eileen Goudge
"Barb did a good job covering all the bases. She didn’t promise a get rich quick scheme as some do of this genre. She did explain all the tools and how to use them." ~ William Joiner
This book will:
- demonstrate how to create a strong profile that convinces readers to buy
- show hidden gems of functionality that help authors keep in contact with interested readers
- illustrate networking opportunities
- share how to tie the power of the author blog and other social media to Goodreads for increased marketing effectiveness
- reveal how to optimize your time on Goodreads
This book and video course will demonstrate how to create a robust presence, network with millions of readers, and do so in an effective, time-saving manner.
Pick up a copy and start marketing effectively today.
Are you overwhelmed by the sheer number of promotion companies wanting to take your money to promote your book? Want a curated list of sites that is organized, categorized and explained?
Are book blog tours a great idea…or a waste of time and money? Discover how to harness the power of a blog tour to your advantage.
The Author’s Guide to Book Promotions demystifies Book Promotions and Book Blog Tours – two major methods of promoting a book. This book teaches how social media is consumed, helps you understand where your audience is and which set of companies to target to meet your promotional goals.
You will learn there is no easy button for promoting a book – but there are easy ways to cut through the “razzle-dazzle” and “technobabble” and form a clear, logical, actionable plan.
The Author’s Guide to Book Promotions will teach:
- Why networking is so important to author success
- How to evaluate a blog’s reach
- What is the goal of a book blog tour
- What to expect of a book blog tour
- How do book promotion companies spread the word about a book
- How do people consume social media content
- How to evaluate a promotion company
The Author’s Guide to Book Promotions combines clear, easy to follow information, listings of over 60 book blog tour companies and 190 book promotion sites, a glossary, an extensive list of helpful videos – everything an author needs to conquer the world of promotions.
Does the marketing aspect of being an author puzzle you? Learn how to transform your marketing efforts and reach more readers.
The Author’s Guide to Book Promotions is a primer that helps you think differently about book promotions and helps you take confident steps into the promotions world.
Pick up a copy today!
Are you struggling with the technology of selling your book?
Let award-winning author and experienced technical trainer Barb Drozdowich help you.
In this box set (a combination of 3 books), the 3 core skills that an author needs to know to market their book are explained in non-technical language. Barb is well known for creating practical books that cut to the core of what is needed by authors. The Author’s Guide to Working with Book Bloggers is an award-winning guide to the world of book promotions on blogs. The world of Book Bloggers is one Barb is part of. She has surveyed well over 700 members to get accurate and up to date information to help you.
The Author's On-Line Presence is described different ways by different people. Barb will help you understand what the parts and pieces are, how they work together and how to decide what you actually need for networking and sales.
The Author's Guide to Book Promotions is the last subject that is covered in this box set. Tours & Promotions are seen as essential by many authors and publishers but with so much misinformation being passed around, they are often a subject of confusion for authors. Barb explains tours & promos from the point of view of an authors as well as book bloggers – a unique point of view.
This box set is a great starting point for the beginner author while being a great refresher for the more experienced ones. Reviewers speak to the practicality and clarity of Barb’s instructions: “Barb speaks frankly and with great practicality”, “Good, no-nonsense guide for authors.”, “Barb Drozowich has a knack for keeping information short and simple, while giving plenty of detailed instructions.”
Pick up a copy of this box set of award winning books today and attack the world of book promotions with confidence.
Is no one responding to your emails?
Find out where you have been going wrong. Read what 502 bloggers have to say when asked 38 different questions – the largest survey in recent history.
Let THEM tell you how to succeed in obtaining those coveted reviews. Listen to them tell you how important THEY think a mailing list is.
Stop listening to what the so-called experts have to say and get your advice from the source!
Barb Drozdowich, author of numerous books focused at helping authors and bloggers, repeats her 2012 survey - which lead to the creation of her award winning book – The Author’s Guide to Working with Book Bloggers. Find out what has changed, and what hasn’t.
Get some tips on the best way to succeed with bloggers! Pick up a copy of this book today and start planning your strategy!