Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
About Barbara Boyd
Barbara worked at Apple from 1985 to 1990, followed by jobs in marketing and publishing at IDG (International Data Group) and later for a small San Francisco design firm. In 1998, she left the corporate world to study Italian, write, and teach.
Barbara divides her time between city life in Rome and country life on an olive farm in Calabria. She stays busy writing, keeping up with technology, growing olives, and making pizza.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Want to keep your calendar, contacts, e-mail, and iWork documents up to date and in sync--no matter where you are or which iOS device you’re using? Want access to your photos or music library everywhere? Apple's iCloud and iTunes Match services make it simple and automatic--and this In A Day For Dummies e-book will help you get up and running with iCloud and iTunes Match quickly.
- Covers the basics of setting up iCloud on your devices and syncing your e-mail, contacts, calendars, notes, to-do lists, reminders, and more
- Shows you how to subscribe to iTunes Match, scan and match your music library, and start streaming your favorite songs
- Walks you through using iCloud to retrieve a lost or stolen iPhone or iPad
- Includes access to "Beyond the Book" online bonus content to help you put your iCloud and iTunes Match skills into practice
Download iCloud & iTunes Match In A Day For Dummies and get your head in the iCloud today!
Innovative Presentations For Dummies is a practical guide to engaging your audience with superior, creative, and ultra-compelling presentations. Using clear language and a concise style, this book goes way beyond PowerPoint to enable you to reimagine, reinvent, and remake your presentations. Learn how to stimulate, capture, and hold your audience in the palm of your hand with sound, sight, and touch, and get up to speed on the latest presentation design methods that make you a speaker who gets audiences committed and acting upon your requests. This resource delves into desktop publishing skills, online presentations, analyzing your audience, and delivers fresh, new tips, tricks, and techniques that help you present with confidence and raw power.
Focused and innovative presentations are an essential part of doing business, and most importantly, getting business. Competition, technology, and the ever-tightening economy have made out-presenting your competitors more important than ever. Globally, an estimated 350 PowerPoint presentations are given every second. When it's your turn, you need to go high above and far beyond to stand out from the pack, and Innovative Presentations For Dummies provides a winning game plan. The book includes extensive advice on the visual aspect of presentations and, more importantly, it teaches you how to analyze your audience and speak directly to them. A personalized approach combined with stunning visuals and full sensory engagement makes for a winning presentation.
- Learn how to be an innovative, not just "effective" presenter in any situation
- Understand how to read and cater to specific audiences
- Create captivating visual materials using technology and props
- Creative customize presentations to best communicate with audiences
More and more employees are being called upon to make presentations, with or without prior training. With step-by-step instruction, vivid examples and ideas and a 360-degree approach to presentations, Innovative Presentations For Dummies will help to drastically improve your presentation outcomes as never before.
Pinterest is a social media site that enables users to create online pinboards of compelling images they find online by "pinning" the images and curating them into various categories. It has exploded into American consciousness with big media attention and exponential growth-most notably reaching 10 million unique monthly visitors more quickly than any social media site in history. The vast majority of early devotees have been women of higher income between the ages of 25 and 49, and the images they pin frequently fall into the categories of clothing, crafts, food, and home décor. This represents a significant opportunity for companies and brands whose products are targeted to this market; however, Pinterest has value far beyond its initial popular use. Companies large and small are hearing the hype and hoping to get an early start with a site that shows signs of continued growth and influence. The Complete Idiot's Guide® to Pinterest Marketing helps small business owners as well as marketing experts at larger companies get on the Pinterest bandwagon and learn how to use this exciting new phenomenon to increase online exposure for their products, strengthen their online presence, and connect with customers in a place where they are now flocking. In it, readers learn how to:
- Use the basic features of Pinterest, including setting up an account, creating boards, and pinning images
- Develop a Pinterest marketing strategy and integrate it with other online and offline presences
- Project a brand voice onto Pinterest through strategic pinning and writing compelling pin copy
- Create pins that get repinned
- Grow a following organically and understand the importance of whom a brand follows
- Engage an audience through contests, collaborative boards, and more
- Determine who in the organization will pin, or whether to outsource it
- Gauge and quantify the success of a brand's marketing efforts on Pinterest