Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals HPC Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on June 29, 2016
No!!! I like this miniseries. I remember watching it in the 80s. I have also read the book twice. I was so elated when I found it on Amazon Prime Video. I watched the first episode but my elation came crashing down when I realized that I would have to pay to watch the rest of the series. You have some lousey movies (plenty, actaully) that I can watch in their entirety, for free. I am so far, disappointed in Amazon, concerning,their FREE veiwing.
on November 29, 2014
I don't usually go for the "Women's Literature" category or read romance novels -- except when the romance is part of a juicy mystery story. So I did not read Barbara Taylor Bradford's trilogy on which is set is based.

I really liked the performances and the story in this set of films. As often happens, the first two are the best and the third is lacking in story -- seems contrived, as if Ms Taylor ran out of stuff to say and just used a formula of the bad guys versus the heirs, with the heirs triumphing in the end.

Jenny Seagrove does a great job, especially, since she is in almost every scene in the first film.

I might not have watched this except that it was promoted as starring Deborah Kerr as Emma Hart, and I always liked her performances. It turns out her part in the film is very minimal -- starts out with her as an older person, then she goes into flashback mode with Jenny Seagrove playing Emma for the rest of the story.
on October 14, 2016
I enjoyed seeing one of my favorite novels come to life on screen. The movie stays very close to the book. The screen writer seemed to select the most salient scenes for telling the story. If you read the book, you should enjoy the TV mini series movies.
on October 13, 2016
Wonderful. As the matriarch, Deborah Kerr is elegant, powerful and marvelous, but EVERYTHING is so well done in this terrific saga: The actors, story, period costumes and settings—all. I loved every minute of it. (Plus, it's fun seeing a young Liam Neeson.)
on March 25, 2014
This was a remarkable story of a woman whose ambition to change her life and circumstances Out of service for the very wealthy a woman determined to change her fate does so remarkably in what was then a man's world. She not only was clever but had the ability to work with honest and smart people who were successful and wanted to raise her us with them. The tail end of the story is about revenge which was difficult as she had gained so much but still carried such hate for the family that originally hired her that it took a large part of the ending as a focus.
Lindsay Wagner is a great actress but she moved in and out of her English Accent making this distracting as the woman she played was English. It felt as if she was acting the part not being the part and the acting was poor as a result. Disappointingly poor.
on October 4, 2017
did as described
on September 24, 2012
I was very impressed with this movie's adaptation of the book: A Woman of Substance. The characters were well portrayed and the movie followed the book precisely. If you enjoyed the book, you will definitely enjoy this movie!
on March 12, 2017
Absolutely love it,very good story ,acting was excellent ...
on February 17, 2011
One of my all time Favourite Movies was "A Woman of Substance" (Trilogy) and as I had never ordered anything through Amazon before - or for that matter from the Internet - I was a bit skeptical. However - I really wanted the Movies - so I went ahead and "bit the bullet!" We were so pleased with the Service and the quality of the Movies (as they were slightly used) - and wouldn't hesitate ever to order anything from this site again. The Price was wonderful and we waited no time at all - in fact the Movies came faster than expected. So if you have any doubts - not to worry. Reliability is their Motto!
on April 24, 2008
This rendering of an early work by Barbara Taylor Bradford is set in Yorkshire, lent authenticity by the regional dialect used by Jenny Seagrove and cast. This book was unquestionably Bradford's finest hour, later pieces degenerating into works long on sentimentality, short on literary substance (no pun intended). Casting Deborah Kerr in the role of the middle aged heroine seems distracting, incredible, but this segment lasts only a few minutes, so no harm done. Still the cinematic version of the story is compelling and definitely a worthwhile addition to this writer's film library.