Barbie: The Pearl Princess
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
When General Caligo, the villain of the movie, enlists Lumina's seemingly harmless aunt Scylla to poison the King in order to put his own son on the throne, the intrigue begins. And we soon learn that not all is as it seems.
When Lumina finds her aunt's invitation to the royal ball (where the deed is to be done), she embarks on her own journey to the kingdom to find her. Along the way she (and her best friend Kuda, a pink seahorse) make new friends like Spike, a dangerous Stone Fish whose menace is effectively diffused by Lumina's matter-of-fact refusal to accept him as a threat.
After facing many challenges on the journey, Lumina enters the kingdom where her fashion sense and magical abilities with pearls promptly lands her a job at a beauty salon, where she helps stylize ladies who will attend the kingdom's royal ball. When the entire staff is likewise invited, the stage is set.
At the ball, which is in honor of Fergis, the villainous General Caligo's unwitting son, Lumina's aunt reappears. But her participation in the General's plan is under duress and the evil plot starts to unravel. Fergis, an atypical figure who'd rather be a botanist than a prince, shows his mettle by helping Lumina and her friends defeat his father and save the day.
In the end, Lumina learns the great secret of her true lineage and her aunt is vindicated for her actions, past and present. Fergis is free to follow his own calling and pursue the girl of his dreams, one of Lumina's salon friends.Read more ›
Check nick though cause it plays on there so you can dvr it. Lol
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Another Barbie movie! What more can I say? My girls love them and I love that they can watch these with headphones on. For adults, you can't un-watch these, just saying.Published 3 days ago by Downonearth
I love how it shows you a life lesson that at first view, you wouldn't think you would learn anything out of it. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Ana
My girls, age 2 and 6, love this movie. It's exciting enough to keep both of the girls attention.Published 2 months ago by Ashley
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Animation
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Animation
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > All Universal Studios Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > Animation
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > Science Fiction & Fantasy