Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Barbie: A Perfect Christmas” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 37% off the $14.98 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Other Sellers on Amazon
Barbie: A Perfect Christmas
|Additional DVD options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
The movie is about Barbie and her 3 sisters making it to NY for Christmas and they get snowed in at an inn that is getting ready for Christmas. The girls begin to wonder if the owner and the workers are Santa's helpers. While stranded, the girls discover what really makes a perfect Christmas.
These movies are made for children, so, from my children's perspective I will give this movie 5 stars.
To be fair, my daughter likes it a lot (if she were doing this review she might even give it more stars), and I can see how it would appeal to younger kids, and fact, this movie seems to be really targeted towards a younger age than the last few. With Santa as an invisible cast member in this flick, I think that is to be expected. I think there are some nice messages about how spending time with family is important and can be better than anything else in life. I even think some of the songs are catchy, though definitely there is a strong pop influence.
For anybody who wants a plot breakdown, Barbie and her sisters are planning their "perfect" Christmas in New York City, where each one will be doing an activity by themselves that they really enjoy. But nasty snow storms ground their flight and leave them seeking shelter seemingly in the middle of nowhere at the Tannenbaum Inn, where they are welcomed by the every-jolly Christie Clausen and the Elif family. With a heaping dose of magic from a frequently mentioned, but never shown Santa Claus (Christie's Uncle), the sisters learn for themselves that spending time together is what really makes their Christmas perfect.
When seen from the eyes of a child, this is a cute movie...and since it is for the children, their perspective matters in determining if this movie is worth buying. I don't regret it...I may not watch it when she grows up, but for now it is good for her.
• The sisters' fighting taught my daughter some new tricks. Now she complains of her younger sister "copying her" which I know she learned from this film. The point of the Barbie sisters arguing was to show how they forgive and grow at the end of the film, but younger audiences may not understand that transition, and just model the poor behaviors at the beginning.
• Chelsea went missing at the end after going off on her own. The sisters are scared and have to band together to find her, but then there is no reprimand for her wandering off. They just giggle when they find her. I had to explain to my daughter that wandering off like that is very naughty, and point out how scared her sisters were.
• Typically, there is no mention of Jesus' birth in a "Christmas" special. Barbie wishes on a star instead of praying to God. I understand Mattel's limitations on this - companies are so scared to offend other religions. But I really wish they would have at least mentioned the true meaning of the holiday.
• It was fun to see a Barbie movies where Barbie plays herself. (In most films she plays a character like Rapunzel). I loved seeing her with her sisters too.
• My favorite song is "Give It Away." I loved how the inn characters were stacking up presents to give to the less fortunate. I thought it really showed the positive spirit of helping others.
• Actually, all the songs are really cute and catchy.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very good movie love the theme and the story. Barbie and her sisters learned that being together was the best way to celebrate the holidays.Published 1 month ago by Demesia Padilla
My five year old daughter loved this movie. Would definitely recommend it to Barbie fans!Published 2 months ago by Starla
My daughter watches it over and over! She loves it!Published 3 months ago by Cross Street Veterinary Clinc
Like this one also. I like Barbie movies for my grand daughters.Published 3 months ago by Debbie Smith
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > 10-12 Years
- Movies & TV > 7-9 Years
- Movies & TV > Animation
- Movies & TV > Fully Loaded DVDs > DTS
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Holidays & Seasonal > Christmas
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Musicals & Performing Arts
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > All Universal Studios Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > Animation
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > Kids & Family