- Pre-order "Barbie in Star Light Adventure" and any qualifying Barbie title and $5.00 will be automatically be deducted from your order. Offer valid 7/24/2016 until 9/18/2016. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Barbie: The Princess & The Popstar
|Additional DVD options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Deal of the Day: Select DC titles on Blu-ray and DVD
Save on featured DC Comics titles including all season 1s of The Flash, Arrow, and Gotham. This offer ends at 11:59:59 PM (PT) on July 25, 2016. Learn more
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
In this movie (which follows the previous Barbie movie The Princess and the Pauper story similarly), Barbie is Tori, a modern princess wishing for a bit more freedom away from propriety. Meanwhile, Nikki stars as popstar Keira - who wears a wig in the same tradition of Hannah Montana and is a popstar by day and normal girl by night. Keira longs to be away from the responsibilities of being a popstar (making the next album, paying her employees, the late and long hours). Tori is hounded by her Aunt to become a proper and noble princess - but Tori is too full of mischief to be a boring girl like that. With the aid of a magic microphone (Keira) and hair brush (Tori), the girls are able to exchange places and enjoy each other's worlds.
The DVD contains all the singing and original songs you expect from the friends' series of Barbie DVDs. And, of course, that bit of fashion and magic that has come to be the hallmark of the modern Barbie movies.
My 9 year old loves each new DVD the best and this one is no exception. It's as entertaining and good for rewatches. The best recommendation - she has been singing the songs from the movie non stop since we got the dvd.
In this movie The Princess and The Popstar switch places and discover how much they really love their lives. It is the classic story, "The Princess and The Pauper" but redone for today's day and age. Of course there are some parts that are simply ridiculous and slightly hilarious, but this movie is a lot of fun. I like it much more than the Barbie version of "The Princess and The Pauper". There is a song that is used, with some slight changes is verse, in both movies - I could never understand this and neither does my little. She likes the Popstar version much better.
I highly recommend this movie for your little girls. I think that there is slightly less focus on fashion and toy-selling than many of the other Barbie movies. I have also found that the lead characters are more developed in this movie than in other Barbie movies.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My girls love this movie and are always dancing and singing to the cute upbeat songs.Published 20 days ago by ahappymomma
My daughter and I love Barbie movies! This is another great one, with great music. I catch myself singing the songs after I've been watching it. Cute story!Published 1 month ago by Nikki
My 3 year old daughter loves this movie. Some of the songs are okay and some get annoying for adults.Published 1 month ago by Diane
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > 10-12 Years
- Movies & TV > 7-9 Years
- Movies & TV > Animation
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Musicals & Performing Arts
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Animation
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > All Universal Studios Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > Animation
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Tweens