Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 47 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 66 reviews
on March 15, 2012
I was hopeful about this self tanner. Great reviews and the fact that it didn't have an overpowering self tanner smell or overly fragranced to mask the self tanner smell. But I found it unimpressive. It does have a pleasant smell and no self tanner stink. But that makes me wonder if the ingredient that makes your skin tan is not very plentiful in this tanner. That's why it doesn't have that strong self tanner smell. Because I don't think my skin actually "tanned". I think it only stained my skin. Judging from my hands and how many times I had to wash them to get the brown off, makes me think this self tanner is simply a really good stain. I only applied it every other day and found that by the next application the color was fading and not fading evenly. I didn't think I looked horribly blotchy, but I could see areas on my legs that definitely looked more faded than others. The day of application, I looked pretty evenly tanned and not orange or fake. But by the second day, uneven fading and sort of orangey. I think I've gotten better results with Loreal's Deep Bronzer. Just wish the tanners that work didn't stink or didn't have some horrible fragrance. This would have been good if it only produced better results.
on June 20, 2012
I like this product for the most part. I like self tanners that actually show up - the subtle ones that develop "over time" don't do it for me. This one definitely gives you a good tan and I use it when I can't get a professional spray tan. You just have to be careful applying. A couple tips I have found work well (from reading reviews and doing it myself):

-Exfoliate beforehand with exfoliating gloves in the shower
-Coat hands with normal lotion BEFORE pouring the tanning lotion into your hand (my hands tend to get VERY streaky and this lotion is DARK brown, so this is a must)
-Rub the tanner on evenly, don't do too many layers because it will start to get sticky and then can get uneven/hard to apply

I wait to shower until the next day, and you will definitely see some come off in the shower, but then it looks pretty good. If you have white sheets, try to wear loose, dark soft pants to bed because it can definitely get on your sheets before you shower it off. Also, it may get on light colored towels, but will come off in the wash.
on June 19, 2012
Faux self tanner is as good as it gets! I have always loveed Jergens Natural Glow Foam, But Faux takes it up a notch. I am a Bodybuilder for 25 years or more and if spray-tanning is too expensive- which it is, this this is the way to go. It dry's jet fast so were gloves or do the brush. You can dress in 10 minutes but wait at least 3 0r 4 hours to shower and maybe swim the next day. One thing not covered by anyone is if you appily Faux before bedtime ( As I Do ) I go too the Gym in the Morning before work and when you sweat the BRONSER WILL DESTROY YOUR CLOTHING; The BRONSER or COLOR MARKER will naturaly come OFF. SHOWER IN THE MORNING, the dark color goinging into drains is the color Marker not your TAN ! A fter the shower you will have a wonderfull Natural Tan ! P.S If you have a very romantic night with your love one after you appiled Faux at night you will sweat Faux Tanner off.
on October 12, 2011
The other great reviews prompted me to try this self tanner... and I'm totally happy I did! First off, it's actually NATURAL looking. Even on my fair skin I actually look instantly bronzed rather than like I have somehow morphed into a oompa-loompa's cousin. I also despise the funky odor associated with most self-tanners...and this one has a light natural fragrance that doesn't bother me at all. My skin is pretty sensitive and break-out prone, so I was happy to find that my temperamental skin had no issues with faux tan. Finally, I LOVE that you get an instant tan from this product and can actually see where you will develop a tan before it happens... makes it kind of goof proof. You definitely have to wash your hands well after applying... lots of soap and water to avoid the dead give-away brown finger effect (yuck, not a good look).
on May 3, 2014
I use this stuff religiously! Honestly! It's the best tanner I've ever used. Make sure you get a brush to put it on with (I have the Bare Escentuals buff brush). Typically you should put it on the night before you want to look tan; let it dry n when you wake up wipe your face once with water. Otherwise, if you're not going to sweat or risk getting your face wet; apply it the day of. Lasts for a couple of days! A little goes a long ways as well; I typically only use on my face and neck.
on April 4, 2012
This is an OK self tanner.

The Good:
The smell is good when you put it on.
The smell isn't that noticeable after I took my first shower.
It has a color guard.
It lasts a while.

The Bad:
When I put it on, it looked even. But It wasn't the same after it set. It was kind of streaky in some areas.
The color isn't that superior when compared to something like Jergens. I feel like I could use another, cheaper self tanner and get the same color.
Takes a while to put on, especially with the brush).

Overall, this is just an OK self tanner. I am going to wait for it to fade and try a different one. I won't buy it again.
on May 7, 2014
I have tried probably 30+ different products, and by far I personally consider this one the BEST. Why? Easy to apply, smooth, no streaks, double layer makes my skin look like I spend last two months sunbathing in Hawaii! I get this nice deep mature tan! LOVE IT!
When its time to fade a bit, its not orangy, but goes away like a real tan, gradually. I highly recommend this product, eben if it costs a bit more - this one is actually WORTH every cent.
on June 3, 2012
OK, so I have used soon many different types of self tanners and this one blows so many out of the water. I strictly use this on my face. It doesn't clog my pores,it shows up instantly & just looks like a natural glow on your face. Although you can use it on your whole body,I personally use sprays on my body and keep this gem for my face& neck,plus that way it lasts away longer. Loooves it!! By the way. I've been using it for about 5yrs & was super exited to see it on amazon because obviously alot cheaper than in the stores.And to boot, this company has it shipped to me asap,like that too!
on October 26, 2011
I absolutely love this product. I wanted to stop using the tanning bed for obvious reasons but I like to go bare-legged. I tried a few of the department store brands of tanning lotion but they look fake and don't blend in evenly. This product is easy to apply and looks like a natural tan. I can make it as light or dark as I want. It only takes a few minutes to apply and lasts for several days even after I shower. It costs a little more but it's worth it. If I don't have time to tan, no problem; besides, tanning causes wrinkles and dry skin. I saved money by driving past the tanning salon, enough to purchase the Faux Tan. Denise Massey
on April 15, 2014
This product is great!!!! The smell is similar to a cherry-almond scent. Used it with a mitt that was purchased with another tanner, which worked perfectly. It takes a little bit of time to get it on smoothly to prevent streaking. It looks like it has a green tint when opened, but goes on with the most beautiful brown tan ever!! Received so many compliments while using this!! Will be purchasing the bigger size when I'm out :)

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question