Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 376 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 494 reviews
on August 14, 2017
I am never disappointed with Ina. I have already made a dessert from my new cookbook.
on November 26, 2008
I purchased this book as a gift recently. Before I gave it, I paged through it to see if it was something I wanted. It didn't take me long to figure out that I needed to add it to my cookbook collection.

The first recipe I made was the Roasted Butternut Squash Salad with Warm Apple Vinaigrette. My husband, who is not a salad (nor a vegetable) lover, cleaned his plate and asked for more. And Ina has greatly improved upon one of his favorite dishes - Shrimp Scampi. The Baked Shrimp Scampi is a fast entree and elegant enough for company. I served it on spaghetti drizzled lightly with olive oil. An extra squeeze of lemon right before serving adds just the right touch.

We're looking forward to Thanksgiving tomorrow, when we're having Roasted Turkey Roulade, and Pumpkin Roulade with Ginger Buttercream. I have no doubt these dishes will be oustanding.

Thank you, Ina, for another fabulous book and for creating consistently delicious recipes.
on July 23, 2009
This was my second cookbook by Ina Garten, and it certainly will not be my last. Most recipes in this cookbook are very good and a few are exceptional. Several recipes are also easy to put together on a weeknight, which I find immensely helpful. Among the standouts in this cookbook is the French apple tart-- easy to make, visually appealing, easy on the budget and absolutely delicious. I also love her baked shrimp scampi and roasted vegetables-- roasting does bring out maximum flavor.

Other recipes are not as spectacular, but definitely worth a try. She does tend to be heavy-handed with butter and/or cream. For instance, I thought the mustard-roasted fish had too much creme fraiche, which detracts from the integrity of the fish and clarity of flavor. I also find it strange that she lists measurements for salt and pepper. I much prefer the principle followed by Judy Rodgers and Suzanne Goin-- taste as you cook, season to your preference. Nonetheless, this cookbook is well worth the money.
on October 10, 2016
I love finding a comfy spot and reading one of Ina's books, this one being one of my favourites. Ina offers you the opportunity to learn the basics in an easy to read and practical manner.
on August 3, 2017
Yes, Yes Yes!
on March 20, 2017
Love all Ina
on March 18, 2017
Love!
on June 4, 2015
I love he book; I am a huge "Ina Garten" fan. She is such a classy lady, and her book came as no surprise. The pictures are so beautiful, and every recipe I've tried has turned out perfectly! The strawberry jam is so good! I canned it and gave to friends and neighbors as gifts. No one needed to store it for future use, because they opened it the same day they got it. In the future, I won't go to the extra trouble to can it!
on April 7, 2017
Always love Ina Garten's advice - this book covers a lot of information not included in her other books.
on December 9, 2014
The best cookbook I've ever owned. I originally purchased it for myself and I've made at least 60% of the recipes. I've since given it as a gift to several people who have asked me for menu/recipe suggestions that are easy but impressive enough for entertaining.