Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Barge All Purpose Cement Quart
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Joseph Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

Price:$27.80+ Free shipping

on January 25, 2012
My father was a shoe repairman. I grew up using this glue for everything. When in the store, he used it to fasten soles, heels, and everything leather, canvas, and cloth. While it holds excellent with one coat of glue on each piece, if you recoat after the first coat dries you will not need to clamp the pieces. As a contractor, I carry a yellow/red can with me everywhere. Yes it works well on wood and metal surfaces. I try take a tube with me when I travel. Not sure if the new blue tube works as well. I know that my dad could not get it off his fingers day after day. I can not live without it.
on April 9, 2013
If you work with Leather, Fabrics, Shoe Repair, Canvas, etc. Good stuff, I have used it since 1972 in leather crafts. You will need to buy the Thinner also, if you plan to store it after use. It will dry out. SW
on June 18, 2012
I am a podiatrist and have been using this stuff for 25 years. There is nothing better for adhering 2 things together. I have used it for shoes, automotive uses, and anything in the garage. Its not cheap but worth every penny.
on April 21, 2013
This has been my go to rubber cement for 40 years. It did a great job of repairing my glasses cases. It does not melt plastic, it is a contact cement that bonds to most anything, and it offers a little give that the loc tite instant cements don't do. I don't sniff the stuff or use it often--a tube would do--but when I need it there is nothing else that works. We do apply to both sides, allow to get tacky dry, then clamp it for 12 hours after using.

It is tragic that they are changing the formula. I hate it when they have to fix something that works.
on December 15, 2012
This is the very best adhesive on the market as far as I'm concerned. It is also the hardest to remove from your fingers which goes to say "apply carefully!
on April 2, 2016
Was following cosplay maker online that suggested this when using foam to build props. This stuff is way way way worth its weight in gold. the blue version not so much, but if you can find the yellow version like this one, you are in business.

apply, let dry til tacky, then push together. Make sure you are where you need to be because this stuff doesn't play around. It is bonded. I will continue to use this stuff. Be sure to wear a mask and consider buying a glue jar. You don't want to be inhaling this stuff for long periods of time...safety first, quality always.
on January 6, 2013
I finally got the quart size online because I couldn't find it in the stores anymore. Best stuff I ever used.
on May 17, 2013
ABSOLUTELY THE ONLY GLUE TO USE WHEN ATTACHING SOLES FOR ANY TYPE OF SHOES. I USE IT FOR REPAIRING MY WADING SHOES AS IT IS THE ONLY TRULY WATERPROOF GLUE I HAVE FOUND.
on February 19, 2016
This stuff is fantastic! I use it making holsters and other leather projects. Never fails and it is STRONG!!! the quart size will last me a long time, but the price was right so, I chose this size. Comes with a helpful brush as part of the lid. Follow the instructions and your bond will be stronger than either piece of leather you have glued; you will tear the leather before the bond gives way.

Because I sometimes go several weeks between projects that require cementing, I decided to store the can upside-down so it would not evaporate. Probably a bad idea in an Arizona storage room during the summer. The can leaked a little bit and cemented itself at the lid to a short block of wood that it was sitting on. No worries, however, I now have a great "handle" to help with opening and closing the can!

This is the 'old formula' known to the Peoples Republic of California to be unhealthy. Because of this, it is getting harder to find the YELLOW and RED can/formula. Get it while you still can, stay away from the blue label stuff. Recommended.
on January 30, 2014
The only downside to barge is it's INCREDIBLY toxic fumes, I could literally feel my brain cells gagging to death on those vapors until I ventilated my workroom. Very strong bond, and it's a flexible bond, not hard like other rubber cements. Very very useful for bonding shoe bottoms and fabrics.