Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

Barilla Pasta, Mezze Penne, 16 Ounce (Pack of 4)
Flavor: Mezze Penne|Size: 16 Ounce (Pack of 4)|Change

on November 5, 2012
I am a proud subscriber to Barilla pasta. I get pasta shipped to my place once a month with no problems (unless you count hurricane Sandy delaying an order but that's a pretty good excuse to be late in my opinion). Anyways, Barilla makes the best pasta so I only buy that brand. It's also fairly cheaper online (I save about $2-3 bucks compared to the store). My roommates make fun of me because the grocery store is almost directly across the street from us but if I save money and don't have to put pants on for the day just to go grocery shopping then I'm the real winner.
11 comment| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
This is one of my favorite shapes of pasta because they cook up with a chewier center and softer outer edges which gives you a combination of textures in one dish of pasta. These make great 'butter noodles' with a few pinches of sea salt, a teaspoon of sweet basil, butter (or ghee) and a sprinkling of grated Parmesan.

These are great for making pasta salads or with spaghetti sauce and meatballs but definitely too big for soups.
on September 20, 2013
Once you start making your own pasta, it's rare to buy pre-made. I bought this because I really like the shape and knew I would never have a mold to make it!
When I used to buy all my pastas, I quickly realized pastas are not the same. It's worth it to find a company you like and stick with them. Barilla has been around forever and the reason is the quality. The taste is always the same- very good.
I like this particular shape because not only is it :different", it holds on to sauces well. I use it for many dishes. My grandson loves it in mac and cheese saying it's "prettier" than what he's accustomed to. So, if you want to "dress up" your pasta dish, it will be worth it! I purchased it from Amazon after not finding it in my local grocery.
on April 20, 2017
The perfect pasta for soup!
on June 19, 2013
Comfort foods, reminds me of when I was younger, watching the Saturday B&W TV with the cowboys and indians and the Conestoga wagons. "Wagon Wheels" yippee-i-o-ki-ay, yippee-i-o-ki-ay...

Oh, step aside, y’all ornery tenderfeet
Cause I’m about to sing my song
I’m an old cowhand from the rio grande
But my legs ain’t bowed, and my cheeks ain’t tan
Well I’m a cowboy who never saw a cow
Never roped a steer ’cause I don’t know how
And I sure ain’t fixin’ to startin now
Oh, yippee-i-o-ki-ay, yippee-i-o-ki-ay
(/www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFS6UXi4DB4&html5=1)

Now, how 'bout some regular-sized wagon wheels and not just "mini-wheels" ?

BTW - tastes great. Good pasta.
on July 23, 2017
Good quality pasta.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 5, 2017
Just what I was looking for.
on March 1, 2017
can't go wrong
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Our family liked Barilla pasta, and I often buy their spaghetti and Penne Rigate. This is the first time we've tried their Mezze Penne, which is just a little smaller than regular penne.

It cooked nicely in both minestrone soup and a sausage/sauce/penne/cheese casserole I made. It doesn't get too mushy when cooked, and it tastes good. The Subscribe-and-Save free shipping made this pasta $1.08 per dollar per pound, which is quite a bit less than the grocery store price.

We'll be looking for this product (and this price!) again on Amazon!
on September 24, 2016
This is an excellent Barilla pasta and the smaller size can be used with tomato sauce, in soups and salads or as an accompaniment with vegetables and butter or pesto and will not break up. This compact pasta is in a smaller box and is easier to store.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.