- Series: Social Problems & Social Issues
- Paperback: 159 pages
- Publisher: Aldine Transaction; 1 edition (December 31, 1999)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0202305945
- ISBN-13: 978-0202305943
- Product Dimensions: 5.8 x 0.5 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 9.8 ounces
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #6,749,713 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Baring Our Souls: TV Talk Shows and the Religion of Recovery (Social Problems & Social Issues) 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
“Baring Our Souls is a lively, highly readable book that reiterates an important point about the apparent dangers posed by the recovery movement to systemic social change. Loweny laments the fact that in adopting recover discourse, talk shows promote a psychologized rather than sociological understanding of the world. Sadly, most forms of commercial media do the same, and as a fellow sociologist, I share the lament.
—Laura Grindstaff, American Journal of Sociology